View Full Version : Tornado kick to the face

b_t
02-27-2006, 09:48 PM
http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1670.html

He Gets Smoked

HyperZell
02-27-2006, 09:53 PM
PWNED

He deserved it though, what shitty hand placement. We get better defence from the Pittsburgh Penguins.

turbotrip
02-27-2006, 09:56 PM
his career got ended by one swift kick :rofl:

nusneak
02-27-2006, 10:00 PM
holy shit!!!!! at first I was watching and like :drama: how lame, then that guy got a boot in the face and got up on rubber legs and the reff had to hold him up... lol that guy got f'ed up!! I wish I could kick like that ahah

Vagabond142
02-27-2006, 10:23 PM
sigh... "tornado kick" -_-

Jump spinning roundhouse :drama: hehe I'm a stickler for proper kick names in taekwondo because I used to learn and teach it :thumbsup:

Ah well, it was a good clean kick too, but I'm surprised the other guy didn't get a roundhouse in, because that guy had to have the second slowest rotation I have ever seen :poosie:

dooman24
02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
^ haha who was your master?
mine was Master Wright fomr Ardrie!
cool master
his daughter was Canada's #1 girl (Natasha)
and my buddy was Alberta's number 1

crazydriver
02-27-2006, 11:01 PM
:eek: that's gonna leave a mark

ecstasy_civic
02-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by crazydriver
:eek: that's gonna leave a mark

On his ego:rofl:
Not a big fan of TKD

Mikey_008
02-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah I don't think he knows where he is after that!:eek:

b_t
02-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
sigh... "tornado kick" -_-

Jump spinning roundhouse :drama: hehe I'm a stickler for proper kick names in taekwondo because I used to learn and teach it :thumbsup:

Ah well, it was a good clean kick too, but I'm surprised the other guy didn't get a roundhouse in, because that guy had to have the second slowest rotation I have ever seen :poosie:

hahaha I used to be in Tae Kwon Do too but you must admit that "tornado kick" is WAY cooler then "jumping spinning roundhouse." Plus, Chuck Norris has trademarked the roundhouse and while this was a good one, it wasn't all that great... Both of these guys sucked.

Vagabond142
02-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by dooman24
^ haha who was your master?
mine was Master Wright fomr Ardrie!
cool master
his daughter was Canada's #1 girl (Natasha)
and my buddy was Alberta's number 1

I had Master Froese here in Calgary :thumbsup:

GQBalla
02-28-2006, 02:16 AM
lol the guy at the end is priceless...

omg

Lo)2enz0
02-28-2006, 03:21 AM
lol, that had to hurt

antoniobeyond
02-28-2006, 04:13 AM
TKD is garbage, but that was a perfectly executed kick.

b_t
02-28-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by antoniobeyond

so what, are you a kickboxer then?

Vagabond142
02-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Well, he does have somewhat of a point. TKD is more of a sport than a martial art, despite having its roots in military training. Most kicks are pure show, but push kicks and lower body kicks (not allowed in competition) can do some damage.
The whole mythos around TKD is that it's pretty much acrobatics with kicks, much the same that North American "ninjitsu" is basically flips and bouncing around in your PJ's. And don't even get me started on XMA. I want to shoot anyone that claims that any form of XMA has real-world applications. MMA, yes, as most of the techniques use in MMA would do you VERY well in a bar fight, but XMA is just complete and utter :bullshit:

Then again, I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to martial arts, having studied kempo, daito-ryu and the tiniest bit of kung fu (my kung fu is not strong :( ). I currently study iai and nakayama kai koaikido under Douglas Skoyles Sensei.

Back on topic with TKD tho, it really IS a great workout. Lots of jumping, running, fast body movement, reflex training, etc. I was the fittest I have ever been when I was in TKD. So it's not complete garbage... just mostly :devil: And I can say that as I did it for four years o_O

b_t
02-28-2006, 12:31 PM
From the sounds of it you were in WTF tae kwon do, which is total garbage compared to ITF (which is what was original developed by General Choi and is still the same as military TKD that was taught ever so long ago)... these guys were most certainly in WTF judging by their sparring outfit and how they were fighting.

sputnik
02-28-2006, 01:08 PM
HKD > TKD

Vagabond142
02-28-2006, 01:27 PM
We started out as WTF when Master Froese was still in Yu's TKD as the Master of the second studio. When we split from Yu's, we became the founding studio of the Alberta TKD Federation, using ITF rules in sparring but still, somehow, affiliated with WTF... a studio with an identity crisis. :nut: Since I left, I have no idea what's happened with the studio, apart from that it's moved away from 16th Ave

EDIT: Apparently, it's now the TKD Alliance of Alberta o_O

Goblin
02-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Good video.. yay on topic

ecstasy_civic
02-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Vagabond142
Well, he does have somewhat of a point. TKD is more of a sport than a martial art, despite having its roots in military training. Most kicks are pure show, but push kicks and lower body kicks (not allowed in competition) can do some damage.
The whole mythos around TKD is that it's pretty much acrobatics with kicks, much the same that North American "ninjitsu" is basically flips and bouncing around in your PJ's. And don't even get me started on XMA. I want to shoot anyone that claims that any form of XMA has real-world applications. MMA, yes, as most of the techniques use in MMA would do you VERY well in a bar fight, but XMA is just complete and utter :bullshit:

Then again, I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to martial arts, having studied kempo, daito-ryu and the tiniest bit of kung fu (my kung fu is not strong :( ). I currently study iai and nakayama kai koaikido under Douglas Skoyles Sensei.

Back on topic with TKD tho, it really IS a great workout. Lots of jumping, running, fast body movement, reflex training, etc. I was the fittest I have ever been when I was in TKD. So it's not complete garbage... just mostly :devil: And I can say that as I did it for four years o_O

Is TKD alot like point karate?
If it is, your bang on that it has no real world application lol

MMA isnt really even that great for a bar fight, just because you need the room to make things happen, granted if you get in a scrap with some room available:D :drool: lol

tapout
02-28-2006, 11:03 PM
:eek: thats gotta hurt:rofl:

Unknown303
03-01-2006, 02:23 PM
OUCH.:eek:

cman
03-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by antoniobeyond
:werd: I really don't like TKD, but that was a flawless kick, well done.

Tech2
03-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell
PWNED

He deserved it though, what shitty hand placement.

Hand placement? In WTF TKD? For that martial sport his hands were exactly where they were supposed to be. I went into a WT school for a while, and the instructor was saying things like, "Don't bother blocking, becuase it's illegal" and "Punches to the face are not allowed becuase they are too dangerous. But full power kicks to the face are ok."

Sorry all you WTF guys out there, but as a martial art it's right up there with tae bo, weak weak weak.

JordanEG6
03-02-2006, 04:22 PM
haha ouch :eek:

as for the kick...i call it the "Konoha Whirlwind" ;)

antoniobeyond
03-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I used to practice Go-Ju Kai karate, got up to 1st dan. I also trained greco-roman for a couple years.

antoniobeyond
03-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Tech2

Hand placement? In WTF TKD? For that martial sport his hands were exactly where they were supposed to be. I went into a WT school for a while, and the instructor was saying things like, "Don't bother blocking, becuase it's illegal" and "Punches to the face are not allowed becuase they are too dangerous. But full power kicks to the face are ok."

Sorry all you WTF guys out there, but as a martial art it's right up there with tae bo, weak weak weak.

Exactly why TKD is pathetic as a martial art. Ok as a sport I guess.

/////AMG
03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
wow.

l/l/rX
03-09-2006, 02:55 PM
ahahahaha damn man. "you got knock tha fuk out!"

Bill Cosby
03-09-2006, 02:56 PM
haha thats wicked