PDA

View Full Version : Not bashing speedtech

crispy
02-28-2006, 01:16 AM
i don't want neone to think that i am bashing speedtech but more like voicing a concern in the hope that they will fix the problems bringing my return buisness and probably many more. I ordered something and spent 500 bucks i don't feel that i was handled like a person of importance my shipment is still not hear (six weeks later) i been givin the run around more times then i can count and to get service to order other parts i stand around for 20 min in the store ne one have this problem i would be much more enthusastic to go back and order from them if these issues could be resolved

Gondi Stylez
02-28-2006, 01:22 AM
First: Wrong section

Second: Have you tried to talk to the Speedtech staff about your concerns?

crispy
02-28-2006, 02:04 AM
yeah i have and as far as worng section i am not goin to compain about a sponsour in a well moderated section

ryder_23
02-28-2006, 02:06 AM
What happened when you contacted them?

edit: mod abuse at its finest

mod edit: its not my fault your too slow

Team_Mclaren
02-28-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by crispy
yeah i have and as far as worng section i am not goin to compain about a sponsour in a well moderated section

why not, the forum is there for a reason.

MOVED.

and please, :english: , its pretty damn hard to read what you are trying to say.

Lo)2enz0
02-28-2006, 03:13 AM
well every time i have gone to speedtech i have gotten excellent service and nick and will are really good guys. No problems there, they have told me when to expect things and you have to remember that when these guys give you a date its just a estimate of when its going to be here. I ordered some rims myself from the states and the company didn't ship them out for over a month and than i had to wait for them to clear customs for a week. so your product of what ever you ordered will be here and remember that they do not mean for a product to be late cause you can't blame it on them if the wholesaler or shiping company are the ones at fault when your product is late.

in all, great guys a speedtech and you have to be more aggressive when you walk in. if you just wonder around they will think you are just browsing. but if you walk up to the desk and stand there they will notice you and come and help you the second they see you.

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-28-2006, 09:43 AM
only been to speedtech once (long time ago to get one of those "bus mirrors" ;)) They gave me a discount just cause, very nice staff, very well informed. Have no idea why your complaining.

teggypimp95
02-28-2006, 09:46 AM
i don't want neone to think that i am bashing speedtech but more like voicing a concern in the hope that they will fix the problems bringing my return buisness and probably many more. I ordered something and spent 500 bucks i don't feel that i was handled like a person of importance my shipment is still not hear (six weeks later) i been givin the run around more times then i can count and to get service to order other parts i stand around for 20 min in the store ne one have this problem i would be much more enthusastic to go back and order from them if these issues could be resolved

How old are you? what do you drive? i found went i was younger and had a cheeper car i wasent taken seriously there, but if they know you got the bling and willing to spend it, for some reason u get great service haha, they have been pretty good to me most of the time.

heavyD
02-28-2006, 09:48 AM
I had to wait over six weeks for my SRT-4 exhuast sytem from Speedtech but it wan't their fault as injen was having trouble keeping up to the demand of the SRT-4 system. You guys have to realize that Speedtech has no control of long lead times from their suppliers. Will always kept me in the loop and I was quite pleased with their service.

In a perfect world suppliers would have all their products on the shelf ready to ship but that is not the case in todays world as inventory leads to high overhead costs so everything is pretty well build to order now. The only problem I see is that none of you kids these days have patience.

teggypimp95
02-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
I had to wait over six weeks for my SRT-4 exhuast sytem from Speedtech but it wan't their fault as injen was having trouble keeping up to the demand of the SRT-4 system. You guys have to realize that Speedtech has no control of long lead times from their suppliers. Will always kept me in the loop and I was quite pleased with their service.

In a perfect world suppliers would have all their products on the shelf ready to ship but that is not the case in todays world as inventory leads to high overhead costs so everything is pretty well build to order now. The only problem I see is that none of you kids these days have patience.

No and i agree with that for sure, they have no controll over shipping, but with standing around waiting for some one to help you when they saw u walk in 20 minits ago is the part that frustrated me.

Aleks
02-28-2006, 09:53 AM
I got a number of things from them in the past. Some of the stuff took 2 days other items took a month. Now I know it's easy to get impatient when all you wanna to is pimp your ride right aways, but things like that will always happen with aftermarket parts. :thumbsup:

teggypimp95
02-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
I got a number of things from them in the past. Some of the stuff took 2 days other items took a month. Now I know it's easy to get impatient when all you wanna to is pimp your ride right aways, but things like that will always happen with aftermarket parts. :thumbsup:

:werd:

i still love speed tech

Lo)2enz0
02-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95

No and i agree with that for sure, they have no controll over shipping, but with standing around waiting for some one to help you when they saw u walk in 20 minits ago is the part that frustrated me.

you can't just stand around, be aggressive cause if you just walk around they will think your browsing, like i said above. now if you stood at there desk for 20min and no one helped you, thats a different story. which i have never seen at speedtech. I have never had a problem with these guys and i plan on returning my business there.

heavyD
02-28-2006, 10:04 AM

Instead of standing around for 20 min why wouldnt you approach one of them and say; "Excuse me but...."?

Also if you are one of those guys that phones every 2-3 days and comes in all the time I don't blame them for ignoring you. Bugging them constantly is not going to get you your parts any faster but it will make you an annoying customer.

90s_tuner
02-28-2006, 10:35 AM
then go to tunerworks and ask for Mark :thumbsup:

Gravy_83
02-28-2006, 12:34 PM

How old are you? what do you drive? i found went i was younger and had a cheeper car i wasent taken seriously there, but if they know you got the bling and willing to spend it, for some reason u get great service haha, they have been pretty good to me most of the time.

well I wasnt younger but still had a cheap car just a 96 civic stock. went in said I don't have much money to spend to get some stuff done and they put together a real decent price for me and the work was excellent as well as the service. dunno why people don't just understand that a late product dosn't equal bad service.

sputnik
02-28-2006, 01:18 PM

Coles Notes

- Spent $500 once and thinks Speedtech should worship him for it.
- Can accept the fact that shipment of certain product can take time.
- Stands around at STRD for 20 min expecting someone to approach him.

While I agree that companies should be rated heavily on their customer service, I get the impression that people these days have unreasonably increased their expectations of customer service. Just because you spend $500 doesnt make you their best customer, you shouldnt be treated poorly but dont expect them to roll out the red carpet and start giving you parts at cost. Also WTF is the problem with no one approaching you if you are standing around in the shop? A place like STRD probably has TONS of poser ricers in their shop every week dreaming of what they plan to buy (in 15 years) and dont have time to answer an endless number of questions to these "dreamers". If you want to buy something, ask someone for it and get out your wallet.

QuasarCav
02-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Coles Notes

While I agree that companies should be rated heavily on their customer service, I get the impression that people these days have unreasonably increased their expectations of customer service. Just because you spend $500 doesnt make you their best customer, you shouldnt be treated poorly but dont expect them to roll out the red carpet and start giving you parts at cost. Also WTF is the problem with no one approaching you if you are standing around in the shop? A place like STRD probably has TONS of poser ricers in their shop every week dreaming of what they plan to buy (in 15 years) and dont have time to answer an endless number of questions to these "dreamers". If you want to buy something, ask someone for it and get out your wallet.

:werd:

They have a radar that can detect AllgoNoShow types. All dreaming and no actual cash being spent at their store, which really determines your place in the tuner pecking order.

Went there once with cash in my hand planning to buy something, went to the desk and asked for an item, paid for it and left.

CIVIC_MAN
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
speedtech has terrible service, i switched to contemporary and brought my friends with me. Dieter knows how to treat his customers. I would reccomend CMS to anyone. I just spent $1000 at speedtech and they make me do all the calling and running around. F em'

lastprodigy
02-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

They have a radar that can detect AllgoNoShow types. All dreaming and no actual cash being spent at their store, which really determines your place in the tuner pecking order.

:thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl:

ringmaster
02-28-2006, 03:01 PM

Thats why I don't shop there.

1-Bar
02-28-2006, 03:02 PM
nothing but good things to say about STRD.....I've waited longer for items then originally said, things have come in quicker then expected, but with this kind of business it is common ground. I just forget whatever it is I ordered and when they call its like X-mas time all over again....

7thgenvic
02-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Speedtech is a great company to deal with! i have shopped around to many different shops!

they have excellent customer service and are very straight forward guys.

just curious what you ordered?

Weapon_R
02-28-2006, 03:13 PM

Coles Notes

Very well put. I have never experienced anything but great service there. Nick is always on top of things when I come down and bends over backwards to give me a great deal. At the same time, sometimes I want to walk in there and check out their stuff without being hounded by their sales staff, and I appreciate not being approached until I actually signal for someone. Personally, having someone follow me around reminds me of soundsaround sales tactics and I can't stand it (and I will never shop at SS, period).

b_t
02-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I find speedtech is hit and miss... one of the guys is really helpful, the others are not so much... and it really did depend on what I wanted. If I was looking into stuff for a TiAL they were real helpful, when I was looking into intercooler kits they were too, but anything specific for my car and they were pretty chilly and I got the feeling they did not want to help me as much.

CIVIC_MAN
02-28-2006, 04:22 PM

A place like STRD probably has TONS of poser ricers in their shop every week dreaming of what they plan to buy (in 15 years) and dont have time to answer an endless number of questions to these "dreamers". If you want to buy something, ask someone for it and get out your wallet.

WOW, you couldnt be more wrong and apparently you have NO business sense at all. Who do you think is the future of a shop like Speedtech...ya the young guys who dont have the cash right now. But its the service they will give to anyone and everyone that will differentiate them from their competitors. Speedtech does not have the best prices which means they must use something other than price as a competetive advantage, how about exceptional service. They are having a hard time creating consistent positive customer repsoneses which indicates some problem in staff or management. When i was young i used to go talk to shops about my future plans although i never actually had the money. GUESS WHAT now i do have the money and its those shops i go back to that were willing to help me out because they knew i may be a potential customer in the future.

b_t
02-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by CIVIC_MAN

WOW, you couldnt be more wrong and apparently you have NO business sense at all. Who do you think is the future of a shop like Speedtech...ya the young guys who dont have the cash right now. But its the service they will give to anyone and everyone that will differentiate them from their competitors. Speedtech does not have the best prices which means they must use something other than price as a competetive advantage, how about exceptional service. They are having a hard time creating consistent positive customer repsoneses which indicates some problem in staff or management. When i was young i used to go talk to shops about my future plans although i never actually had the money. GUESS WHAT now i do have the money and its those shops i go back to that were willing to help me out because they knew i may be a potential customer in the future.

Very well put

lastprodigy
02-28-2006, 04:25 PM
+1 for well put...about 90% of it

dub_c
02-28-2006, 04:32 PM

Sorry, but thats a bullshit post. If a guy wants to spend money on his car, it shouldn't matter if its a Honda or a BMW. He has cash for the shit he wants, he should get the service he deserves, not by what he drives :thumbsdow

snowboard
02-28-2006, 04:32 PM

haha agreed, thats why i like autodream, marvin will talk to anyone about anything and still be super helpful and give you the time of day..
so this spring, when the cashflow hits, ill be going back to autodream cause they made me feel welcome.

dub_c
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Hands down Marvin is the funniest guy alive. He has told me many storys that I still giggle about :D

b_t
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

haha agreed, thats why i like autodream, marvin will talk to anyone about anything and still be super helpful and give you the time of day..
so this spring, when the cashflow hits, ill be going back to autodream cause they made me feel welcome.

Marvin is a great guy, the guys who work in the back are fucking tools... like, tools on the level of which I haven't seen since I walked through a calgary high school when popped collars were cool

CIVIC_MAN
02-28-2006, 04:41 PM

thats actually really interesting that you say that. I was referring to Marvin from my younger days...

RB25DET
02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by b_t

Marvin is a great guy, the guys who work in the back are fucking tools... like, tools on the level of which I haven't seen since I walked through a calgary high school when popped collars were cool
All the autodream guys are awesome...stfu.

ninjak84
02-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Maybe I'm just missing it, but waiting 6 weeks for parts doesn't seem too bad to me. I've waited MUCH longer for most of my things.
Anytime I got something in under 2 months, I would rave about the shop.

We're in Alberta. It's hard to get things :dunno:

But I've never been to Speedtech.... just my 2 cents

snowboard
02-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by RB25DET

haha
ask marvin about one of his many sick sexual expirances, he will go on for hours, and in great detail

fuck i've heard him say some weird shit, and i dont even know him really lol.

shadowz
02-28-2006, 05:01 PM
From all of us a great apology, its been a hectic week and in no way did we want to ignore you, most likely we were all held up with phone calls and others customers, but all customers whether it be $500 -$10000 are all priorities of ours, Im glad youve voiced your concern, and not to worry we are in the process of adding another staff member to help serve you guys better . Pm me or call the shop if you have any other concerns.

Nick
250-7751

snowboard
02-28-2006, 05:07 PM
i wont lie though. i went to speedtech once for a bumper, and the dude was on the phone and he hurried off to help me..

b_t
02-28-2006, 05:37 PM

fuck i've heard him say some weird shit, and i dont even know him really lol.

he said it was worth it to get a blinky air-fuel gauge because chicks love them, and sometimes even go into epileptic seizures and you can take advantage of them ahahaha

Teggy
02-28-2006, 05:47 PM
things take time, i have plenty of parts coming overseas for my skyline and corolla, anyways just hang in there, nick, and Will ,are good guys, you can't blame them if the manufacturer is taking its sweet ass time.

CIVIC_MAN
02-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Teggy
things take time, i have plenty of parts coming overseas for my skyline and corolla, anyways just hang in there, nick, and Will ,are good guys, you can't blame them if the manufacturer is taking its sweet ass time.

most people know that, service goes far beyond getting parts in quick

civiclvr
02-28-2006, 06:03 PM
i've been to cms and strd.. both seemed very knowledgeable in staff.. strd did my engine swap and while i wasn't in a major hurry to get it done, Will and Pat were great and really took care of me.. and i was one of those guys that wanders round and didn't have money previously.. now i'll go back again and again.. because they treated me well previous to having money and again once i did

EK 2.0
02-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Now working in the industry I can tell you that after we place an order its pretty much out of our hands. I always had close friends on the sales side of the counter so waiting on shit was usually never a big deal for myself anyhow.

But yeah In defence of STRD, or Autodream, or CMS (where I work), Tunerworks. Sometimes even though you have been waiting long, and it's not an excuse, we are actually tied up with a multitude of other things. So yes, acknowledgement is nice...and getting your place in line is great...but sometime customers do forget that there are others ahead of him/her. Although, you should never have to wait more than 5 mins I feel anywhere...and even then...that may be 4 mins too many.

TeamBestBud
02-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Never been to STRD to buy anything..i was just looking around and they didnt bother me and i preferred it that way. CMS is the place id go for sure if ur looking for parts and great service. Tien hooked me up with a good deal wen it took too long for my part to come in. He had originally told me 6 weeks but it took 8 b/c AEM was backed up with orders or something. When he got the part in he gave me a call, i went in, and he told me sorry for the wait and if i wanted nething else hed give me a good deal on it. Awesome Service.

autodream is awesoem tho. evn wen i no there chargin me a bit more for soemthin i could buy somewhere else for cheaper, i still dont care and end up paying them the amount becuz they make my time there worthwhile (haha marvins sex stories)

racin_jayson
02-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Nothing but praise for STRD, Pat has helped me out many times and is a great guy to deal with, Everyone is knowlegeable and they are always ready to answer your questions as long as you are willing to approach the counter and ask.

s3v3n
02-28-2006, 08:31 PM
kinda funny that i just found this thread; i just (like 30 min ago) ordered some stuff from speedtech.

i have never bought anything from them before but was very impressed with the service i got and will probably buy from them again because of it.

i hit up will on aim (how cool is that? i can instant msg a shop?) looking for a couple small parts. next thing ya know he is on the phone trying to find my parts! he was obviously pretty busy but rather than the expected "ill look into it and let you know" type of line, he went to work on it.

i wasnt expecting the cheapest prices in north america but what i was quoted really wasnt bad at all. could i have found it for a touch less? probably. would they give me that same level of service? probably not.

moral of the story: i may end up paying a tiny bit extra and i may end up waiting 8-12wks... but i dont mind. will seemed like an awesome guy and busted his butt for a pretty insignificant order for me and that kicks ass. and thats also the reason ill probably end up going back.

:thumbsup:

navdeep
02-28-2006, 08:55 PM
i've been to CMS and SpeedTech and Auto Dream

all the guys have been wicked to me wicked service

thanxz to all the guys for makeing my car look good and go :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CIVIC_MAN
02-28-2006, 10:38 PM
contemporary is the cheapest hands down

mikey_mo_love
02-28-2006, 11:02 PM
i've bought quite a few products and had two installs at strd. service was fantastic, parts were on time, always friendly. good job guys! :thumbsup:

tapout
02-28-2006, 11:08 PM
contemporary is the cheapest hands down not always man depends on what ya order

FatboyTheHungry
02-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Honestly, I have never had a bad experience at STRD, and that's why I keep coming back. Sometimes it takes a while for parts to show up. That's life, and we deal with it.

What I value in a retailer even more than pricing is knowledge and trustworthiness of the staff. Will, Al, Pat, and Nick have always steered me straight, and now I have a project car that I can be proud of :D

super6
02-28-2006, 11:31 PM
ive gotta give cudos to speedtech! nick was great in helping me out recently even though i was on a really short timeline (thanks to cms stalling and stalling on even ORDERING my parts... but thats a whole other story). he told me he could get the parts delivered by my timeline (and did), at a decent price and even though he couldn't get it installed for me in house, he made sure to refer me to someone else who could. he was patient and very helpful thoughout the whole process even though i was pretty demanding. so thanks nick and speedtech!

crXbuSit
02-28-2006, 11:49 PM
recommend autodream.. they did my intercooler setup and its great... marvin is helpful all the time and andy does good work.
:guns: :guns:

Stephen81
03-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Nothing bad to say about Speedtech either, bought a bunch of stuff from them when I had my Celica. Good guys working there:thumbsup:

dub_c
03-01-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by b_t

he said it was worth it to get a blinky air-fuel gauge because chicks love them, and sometimes even go into epileptic seizures and you can take advantage of them ahahaha

lol, he told me he could've put his fist and a bit more up this one girl :eek:

Redlyne_mr2
03-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Alot of the parts that I have ordered for my mr2 are from little online shops that are mr2 specific. You want to see bad service? Try dealing with these guys. I ordered an IC in a GB it was supposed to be shipped out end of jan. and it was delayed until mid March. I understand that delays happen but what makes me angry is that this shop has IC's in stock but has been saving them to sell them to people at full price. People like myself who bought in to the GB 3 months ago are stuck waiting. Another thing that makes me frustrated is when I email these companies for shipping quotes, payment methods accepted, prices etc and I never get a response.

ZorroAMG
03-01-2006, 09:29 AM
I love how an attempt at bashing a shop gets a 180. I will drink the Kool-Aid on this one and agree that while I have only bought a handful of items from Speedtech, their service (Nick) has been fantastic. I bought a medium priced item from them that went bonkers a week or so before warranty was up. All I was expecting was for them to fix the one side that was broken and send me on my way. Nope. Nick informed me over the phone that he'd replace it all with a brand new kit on both sides, no questions asked.

Speedtech service = :thumbsup:

Toms-SC
03-01-2006, 11:01 AM
This thread needs a lock

JAYMEZ
03-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Ive never had a bad experience with STRD , Tunerworks or CMS ever...

Last time I went to STRD i ordered an adapter for my MOMO steering wheel , and I forgot that I ordered it , but they called me and told me it was in , so I was happy about that. It was quick and easy...

Also everytime I go in there , they help me right away .. I am very anal about customer service.

Also if I am going shopping for anything and I recieve bad service I will walk, and buy it from there competitor.

And now that I am talking about shops.. Bobby at Tunerworks has always gave me awesome service and calls to update me on cool stuff for sale. He also got my Volk rims that I wanted in less than a week! When everywhere was sold out. :thumbsup:

And now my CMS story.. Arif helped me get tires for 2 cars very very fast , he hooked me up with some awesome deals and the service was awesome :thumbsup: .. He even bought me a pop and a chocolate bar :rofl:

I think all in all , ive spent about $35,000+ in mods and good customer service always gets my money.

p.s I like deals :rofl:

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
p.s I like deals :rofl:

:werd: deals are awesome

heavyD
03-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
This thread needs a lock

I agree. If anything this thread has proven that the majority of people are very satisfied with Speedtech, CMS, Tunerworks, Autodream. While I've not dealt with Autodream I have dealt with the others and they have all met or exceeded my expectations. The whiney kids that spend many sleepless nights waiting for their tuner parts should get a life keep their issues private with the vendor as I have no sympathy for impatient people and don't want to hear baseless bashing.:thumbsdow

rc2002
03-01-2006, 11:29 AM
:werd: :werd:

Speedtech prices are very reasonable, and their service is top notch. Every time I've been in there, I've had prompt service and they've been able to find any part I've requested.

As far as timing goes, shipping is beyond their control. I've had some online transactions go sour, and now I feel a lot more comfortable letting a shop deal with all the logistics. It always works out that shops get stuff faster than individuals anyway.

Moe Man
03-01-2006, 03:29 PM
it is the same thing on this website, one guy asks a question and everyone wants to know what he drives and how old he is. then they decide if they should flame him or answer his question.

i have shoped at CMS, tunerworks, and speedtech and i find speedtech is the worst of the three of them. they prejudge you right when you walk in. the staff are probaly like "oh this guy is driving a grand am, lets not give him service he wont buy anything".

BTW: everything is overpriced :thumbsup:

1500 bux for vertical hinges at speedtech, 400 bux on ebay :thumbsup:

ebay rocks :guns:

Lorne@UrbanX
03-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by FatboyTheHungry
Honestly, I have never had a bad experience at STRD, and that's why I keep coming back. Sometimes it takes a while for parts to show up. That's life, and we deal with it.

What I value in a retailer even more than pricing is knowledge and trustworthiness of the staff. Will, Al, Pat, and Nick have always steered me straight, and now I have a project car that I can be proud of :D
WHAT ABOUT ME????? I TOLD YOU TO BUY A EK!!! THAT IS STRAIGHTER THEN ANY OF THEM!!!

Lorne@STRD!!!:eek: :drool: :poosie: :thumbsup: :zzz: :clap: :goflames: :drama: :drama: :drama: