PDA

View Full Version : car acting weird please help

Gravy_83
02-28-2006, 12:38 PM
well here's the deal. i have a 1996 civic hatch back. i recently put in a newer engine as mine had did due to a garage screwing some things up. now I've had this engine for about 5 months. new intake, new plugs and wires. now when I'm driving it's fine. but when I stop at a stop sign or red light it's allmost as if the engin miss fires. it shakes the whole car randomly and if i rev it it's fine. i dunno what could cause this and since i'm on very limited funds right now would rather only try to fix one thing to fix then to start replacing one thing at a time till i find the problem any input would be greatly apreciated.

barbarian
02-28-2006, 10:04 PM
A fuel problem? Perhaps vibration from the engine mounts? Slipping torque convertor?

Is the engine pulling any codes?

Celica TVS3
02-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Check to see if it's throwing any codes. Does it just shake or is almost stalling?

Darkane
02-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Compression test it. Might almost sound like some bent valves.. :(

Gravy_83
02-28-2006, 10:53 PM
well the engin shakes and there is a check engine light on. plus my intake is dirty as hell could that be it? and how expensive to get an engin mount fixed?? like I said I'm on limited funds for the next 2 or 3 weeks as I just drove here from new brunswick and still looking for work. oh and it dosn't really ever even allmost stall. but when it does sort of hesitate under slow acceleration but is fine when I stomp it. it's allmost as if the problem goes away as soon as the throttle is in halfway or more. and runs fine while driving but it's just when I stop. and it's not all the time either seems to only start after driving the car for maybe 10 minutes