PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Banff on a Sunday

Bill Cosby
03-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Girlfriends birthday next weekend and im planning on taking her on a retreat to banff, where can i take her to have a good time,

good restaurants, sight seeing etc?

any input is appreciated

tks

Rockski
03-03-2006, 03:58 PM
take the gondola ride to the top of sulphur mountain

theres a visitor station up on the mountain, plus a little place to walk around and get to the very top of the mountain, where the "cosmic ray station" used to be, kinda cool, but bring your swim trunks cause the banff upper hotsprings are like a 4 minute walk from the base of the gondola station. 2 birds with one stone, then you can check out down town.. all the malls just on the side of the road are crazy. you can also check out the cave and basin too. if you wanna know what there is to do, ask somebody at the front desk of a hotel man, they'll tell you anything you wanna know about the town

badseed
03-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Grizzly House I believe it's called. Awsome Food I've heard , but pricey. Fondu and stuff.

Hot springs:thumbsup:

Foz
03-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Banff Hotsprings
stroll through downtown
head out to Lake Louise
dog sledding
cross country skiing
downhill at Lake Louise

V6-BoI
03-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Eat at the brunch at the Fairmount Banff Springs Hotel, the food is awesome, but kinda pricey.

DonJuan
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by V6-BoI
Eat at the brunch at the Fairmount Banff Springs Hotel, the food is awesome, but kinda pricey.
:werd: that place is da bomb! The had french toast bananna bread! FRENCH TOAST FREAKING BANANNA BREAD!!:drool: a little pricey, but worth every penny. Make reservations in advance and don't be late!

statick
03-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Aardvark Pizza
Banff Springs Hotel
Chateau Lake Louise
Banff Hot Springs
Any Decent Confectionary (For Fudge)

Fosgate R
03-03-2006, 06:53 PM
If your staying the night sunday night is Aurora night clubs busyest night. Always fun there.

Foz
03-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Be warned. Banff = STD Capital of Canada.

:nut::D

Bill Cosby
03-03-2006, 07:16 PM
probably just going for the day

a nice brunch and a stroll through the shops topped off with a romantic dinner may just be the plan my friends

ga16i
03-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Have the breakfast buffet at Chateau Lake Louise great view and atmosphere. Or Sunday brunch at Banff Springs. I've stayed at the both Banff Springs and Chateau Lake Lousie, and the heated outdoor pool at Banff Springs is a great place to just lounge and relax. Lake is still frozen so go skating at Lake Lousie. Giorgios's is nice in Banff, as is Bumper's Steak house.