PDA

View Full Version : Tuner Shops

big-cat
03-03-2006, 07:18 PM
What is the difference between a good shop and a bad shop? There has been a lot of talk about this on the local(saskatchewan) forums and I figured I would ask it here and see the difference between the two. Also what product lines are the important ones?

Ben
03-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by big-cat
What is the difference between a good shop and a bad shop? There has been a lot of talk about this on the local(saskatchewan) forums and I figured I would ask it here and see the difference between the two. Also what product lines are the important ones?
Honesty, polite and knowledgable customer service, and broad choice of products.

Tunerworks here in Calgary falls into that category for me.

gp36912
03-03-2006, 07:23 PM
depends on the car, what parts they use, and if they you ask to use old parts and they agree, i'd personally say try to stay away from those types of shops. take a look also at their equipment, if it looks like good equipment, full sets of equipment. etc.

and what bens said also.

snowboard
03-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Honesty, polite and knowledgable customer service, and broad choice of products.

Tunerworks here in Calgary falls into that category for me.

of course it would.

Customer Service and knowledge are pretty much what a shop needs.
and funny employee's that helps, makes it eaiser to talk to them haha.

Goblin
03-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Tunerworks installs items then Ben?

Tuner1
03-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
Tunerworks installs items then Ben?

Not usually. We have done many special projects here at the shop but most of the time we either assist customer in finding the best place to have the job done or use one of the install shops that we have close relationships with :) From Ford F350s to Ferrari F360s and from Audis to Subarus we always make it happens, even if it isn't under our roof.

One exception to this is the GIAC software for Audi, VW, Porsche, Bentley, etc that we do in fact "flash" here in the shop (or in the parking lot on a nice day :D ).

About four years ago we did have our in-house shop set up as a full time performance install bay but that end of the business was not something I enjoyed so we shut it down.

I hope this answers your question.

Rob

CIVIC_MAN
03-04-2006, 04:44 PM
yea the guys at Tunerworks are awesome, they helped me out when i was in a tough spot

E36M3
03-04-2006, 05:43 PM
I like performance shops that don't bill you for tires.. makes the whole experience that much more enjoyable.

69cougar
03-04-2006, 06:14 PM
like any business I always go by two thinks that make a 1st impression:

1. how clean is the business??

2. What kind of people are there in the business. I went into one shop in the NE and there were like 7 hs kids hangin with the homies at the shop. Not what I want to see in a place I may do business in.

just my 2 cents

gp36912
03-04-2006, 07:12 PM
^^^ ya first impressions does make up alot of your decisions but keep in mind because there are 7 year old kids hanging around dosn't mean they aren't one of the customers and the mechanics are trying to be polite or they just like kids etc.