PDA

View Full Version : Car key'd. does insurance cover it?

Daddymax
03-16-2003, 02:29 AM
My car didnt' get keyed or anything. But I saw that benz getting spray paitned and I'm curious if insurance covers that if you have comprehensive????

Like jus tpay the deductable and you're good?

szw
03-16-2003, 02:46 AM
Yeah your good for now. In the long run, it'll cost you more in jacked premiums.

Daddymax
03-16-2003, 02:49 AM
they jack your premium for vandalism?

szw
03-16-2003, 02:55 AM
Your premiums go up according to the number of claims you make. (of course that isn't the only thing).

So yes...they will!

Daddymax
03-16-2003, 02:55 AM
well what if it's only 1 claim?

szw
03-16-2003, 02:59 AM
depends, the only way to know for sure is to call your insurance company and ask them. They won't raise it just for asking.

FiveFreshFish
03-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Daddymax
well what if it's only 1 claim?

Depends on your insurance company. One claim could mean that you're a higher risk for vandalism. If you have a no-claims bonus (i.e. lower rates), you'll lose the bonus next year.

BarryBeach
03-16-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Depends on your insurance company. One claim could mean that you're a higher risk for vandalism. If you have a no-claims bonus (i.e. lower rates), you'll lose the bonus next year.

Basically its one big shit-show (insurance companys) if it's minor vandalism (although it is really gay) i would bite the bullet and shell out the cash ... it will probibly save you more in the long run

But that's gay ... there seems to be alot of shit like this happening lately ... Calgary is starting to loose that Small-City feeling and moving towards Big City crap (maybe i have just been sheltered) :thumbsdow

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-16-2003, 01:07 PM
better to pay for it your self than go through insurance... those fuckers fucked me for claiming 2 times and 1 theft... should have paid for most of them my self.

Fuji
03-16-2003, 01:49 PM
They will jack your premiums. When my car got keyed I just shelled out the 1500 bux and got it repainted. If I ever find those sons of bitches I will put a bat to their head.

max_boost
03-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Yup, don't bother claiming unless you are a oldie.....just think, insurance companies always make their $$$ back in the future

How bad is the damage?

And is it just luck of the draw that your car gets key? cause freak, it is starting to make me worry cause everyone is getting their car vandalized recently

Daddymax
03-16-2003, 02:12 PM
no no. My car didnt' get key'd I just had a thought about what I would do if it did get key'd

BarryBeach
03-16-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Yup, don't bother claiming unless you are a oldie.....just think, insurance companies always make their $$$ back in the future

How bad is the damage?

And is it just luck of the draw that your car gets key? cause freak, it is starting to make me worry cause everyone is getting their car vandalized recently

If anyone ever keyed any of your cars Sam we would be going on a fucking manhunt ... with pillowcases full of doorknobs :thumbsup:

but seriously i would feel bad for whoever keyed your car :bigpimp:

Gonein60...ft.
03-17-2003, 06:54 PM
My 02 Liberty (the wifes) got keyed two weeks ago at a rebels game....DEEP straight thru the CC and paint....i talked to insurance, its covered with only a 100 deductible....well thats aweosme i think, but beofre i walk out the door i thought i better ask the dreaded question "so what will this do to my premiums?" Oh they will go up a bit but not much..."how much is not much?" Oh only 160 dollars a year.....for the next 6 years!!! BEE-AWTCH!! Man i just about went apeshit on her.....Insurance companies are only a legal mafia.....