PDA

View Full Version : encounter w/BMW Dinen 3 series

RCBVtec
03-16-2003, 11:30 AM
just wondering if anyone knows what exactly is included in the dinen upgrade kit... I was with a friend of mine the other day, we pulled up to this guy at the light it was a new silver 3 series bimmer with this package... we went off the line and I had half a car length on him until we shifted into 4th then he pulled hard... I was surprised that he didn't work me off the line. :dunno:

Hakkola
03-16-2003, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure to have a Dinan badge you need quite a few upgrades from them, it's not easy to get one of those badges as far as I know.

RCBVtec
03-16-2003, 12:17 PM
that's what I thought, my dentist has the dinen package on his 540, so I know there are a few things that go along with it, and it's quite expensive... but for the price of the package this guy got ripped off, cause it didn't help him out any.

Hakkola
03-16-2003, 01:40 PM
What model 3 series was it?

max_boost
03-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Vague descriptions man! It could of been just a badge! Did the car have a kit? Coupe/Sedan? Exhaust growl? Dinan has software products, chip, intake, exhaust etc. And as far as I know, there was a fellow on here that was selling Dinan badges in marketplace so I don't think they are that hard to obtain

RCBVtec
03-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Vague descriptions man! It could of been just a badge! Did the car have a kit? Coupe/Sedan? Exhaust growl? Dinan has software products, chip, intake, exhaust etc. And as far as I know, there was a fellow on here that was selling Dinan badges in marketplace so I don't think they are that hard to obtain

Yeah sorry man, shoulda given a bit more detail... *I think* it was a 32x series (that's a shot in the dark) it wasn't a 330 ci... the thought of the it being just the badge crossed my mind... it was a coupe, had a kit w/rims and aftermarket exhaust... couldn't tell if there was a growl as I was concentrating on the driving aspect on my behalf... the mods are why I thought it was the real deal, if it was stock I would be a bit more skeptical...

FiveFreshFish
03-16-2003, 01:53 PM
The guy might have had suspension tuning and wheels. I believe that's enough to get a Dinan badge.

Or it could be a fake like max_boost suggested.

Glowrider
03-16-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm pretty sure to have a Dinan badge you need quite a few upgrades from them, it's not easy to get one of those badges as far as I know.

You need 10 Dinan points to get the badge. So yeah, he probably had some significant work done. Dinan is a great company, especially since Dinan parts don't void your warranty.

chrisgushue
03-17-2003, 04:32 PM
how hard is it for 10 points? like how many points per item? and we ar ein calgary it could be fake, i did see a silver bmw coupe with a kit and rims and single exhaust in edgemont one day, didnt notice the badging, too busy admiring the kit and rims

FiveFreshFish
03-17-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by chrisgushue
how hard is it for 10 points? like how many points per item? and we ar ein calgary it could be fake, i did see a silver bmw coupe with a kit and rims and single exhaust in edgemont one day, didnt notice the badging, too busy admiring the kit and rims

Here's a list of points (http://www.dinanbmw.com/html/m3_e36/m3_96_99_perf.htm) for the E36 M3.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:36 PM
You get different points for buying different things. Varies by car.