PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice Please

Stoppie
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
so im thinking of maybe riding my bike to school this spring/summer... its high school and its just the student parking lot. Theres a nice meridian for me to park on so cars dont hit it... With all this with bikes being stolen and shit think its safe for me to park it without worrying about it being stolen... i am gonna invest in a alarm and there is a cop shop right across the street... think it should be safe?

ZedMan
03-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Get a disc lock and when you leave DON'T FORGET TO TAKE IT OFF.

eclipse00
03-05-2006, 02:07 AM
It should be fine man I wouldnt be too woried about it, however be careful parking on meridians/boulavards as it is illegal. The cops/ parking patrol usualy dont care, but theres always 1 dickhead.

Stoppie
03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
well its on school property... so aslong as i have premission from them it should be fine. Mind u its not a ACTUAL meridian like separating traffic in the parking lot, its just raised pavement for a light post. I was thinking of chaining it to the light pole... but ill need a long chain for that :D

Mikey_008
03-05-2006, 11:14 PM
When I went to high school, most of my friends brought their bikes to school.....i say do it!:thumbsup:

Jaxx
03-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Is this the new high school in Sundance by chance? hehe, you kinda narrowed it down with "cop shop".

Stoppie
03-06-2006, 08:52 PM
nope its the new school up in panorama... in the NW Notre Dame High School.... one with the crappy football team :D

2WheelnNfeelnIT
03-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Yeah, man if you have an alarm, cops are cross the street, AND you get a disc brake, you'll be fine.
There's ALWAYS some students hanging around skipping or on spare outside, plus your school should have security cameras set up.

Like ZedMan said though, make sure to take off the disc brake before you ride away. Get one that has a spring string, that attaches to the ignition or throttle to remind you.

Stoppie
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
where can i buy one of these disc locks?

oh and we have no cameras... we are a catholic school i guess we dont believe in them or something hahaha

cmodem
03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
just remember your parking at school, there will be alot of wankers hopping on and off your bike.

I can tell you x many times that i've walked out on a spare or lunch time to see some grade 10,11 wankers on my bike back when i was in grade 12 hhaa.

But usually they are just checking it out hopping on it to see how it feels. Just don't mouth them off haha or you'll probably find your bike knocked over one day haah.

Stoppie
03-14-2006, 12:25 AM
well like im not tooting my horn or anything... but im pretty popular as in im pretty well friends with everyone at school... not really much beef. besides the way news travels in high school, if its knocked over it wouldnt be too hard to find out who it was.

gp36912
03-14-2006, 12:48 AM
you go to Notre Dame? :D i live a 2 minute drive from there. and thats including waiting for the damn harvest hill/country hill blvd intersection lol. i'm always in that area because i'm either doing grocery shopping, getting stuff from sportmart or egbames, or going for a swim at cardel lol. though we used to have a teacher that had extra space in his classroom so he'd let people put their bikes there.

Stoppie
03-14-2006, 10:00 PM
nice yeah ill be the first graduating class there....

the pool at cardel isnt that great thou lol... its nice but it could be better lol.... it was stupid because when they took the survey on what u want in there they all voted for alot of kids stuff... but by the time they built it... OH WHAT HAPPENED the kids grew up.. there are more older kids there than youngins but what can ya do :D

gp36912
03-15-2006, 12:18 AM
ya i know cardel's pool isn't that great but it does give me a lane to swim in, a hot tub, and a sauna so its all good :P