PDA

View Full Version : 25 lbs weightloss in 25 days

Alex_FORD
03-05-2006, 11:59 AM
For people where 25lbs is 10% or less of our body weight, How about 25lbs of weightloss in 25 days?

Now, I'm certain this idea will produce alot of negative responses, and I welcome them.

But, my idea of "25 in 25" is mostly a premiss that: for alot of us,this is an attainable goal. I truely believe that most of us have the will power and commitment to make this happen.

So if I'm crazy enough to ignore all the warnings that I will probably get on this forum, what can I do to:

1) minimize muscle loss
2) maximize fat burning
3) balance my water intake/losses.

Here's my plan so far:
1) participate in activity that is intense enough to make me sweat lots - drink lots of fluids, its not my intent to reach my goal through water loss.
2) split my workouts: morning and afternoon to keep my metabolism high
3) get plenty of sleep to ensure that I don't end up over trained
4) Try to imitate a weight lifter's diet while they are trimming down for competition.( btw, WTF is this?)
5) drink water
6) it's only 25 days, so I better track my progress very carefully so I don't get off track.

So what do you think? Any suggestions?

pitwipe
03-05-2006, 12:13 PM
What's your rush? Most professionals agree that rapid weight loss isn't healthy, and you'll gain back everything you lost as soon as you stop this plan.

2lbs a week is usually considered a good target to aim for. :thumbsup:

Alex_FORD
03-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Actually, I believe they say that the wrong kind of rapid weight loss is unhealthy.i.e.I've never heard of anyone saying that bicycling across Canada is unhealthy, yet I'm sure I could easily lose tons of weight doing this.

hash
03-05-2006, 12:47 PM
well, bicycling across Canada is unhealthy for an unfit person (ie: someone who doesnt have the cardiovascular fitness to undertake such strenuous exercise). it puts a considerable amount of stress on the heart.

if you set the goal to 3 months (approx), it might be more attainable... depending on how much you work out and what kind of a diet you have.

Alex_FORD
03-05-2006, 01:06 PM
HAHAHa, actually,my wrists, and ass would be stressed more than my heart.

I have one of those wrist strap heart rate monitors, I find it pretty easy to adjust my workout to make it a sweaty calorie burner, rather than a cardio session.

It's not my intention to workout at the same heartrates as a high performance trained athlete. Besides, I could never hold those heartrates long enough to burn a meaningful amount of calories.

ecstasy_civic
03-05-2006, 01:15 PM
I could see it being water weight thats about it.

Thats a retarded amount of REAL weight to lose in such a short period of time. Unless you had some help.

jcrules99
03-05-2006, 02:31 PM
i highly doubt you are gonna lose that much in such little time.. i lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks, but that was all water weight, actual fat is alot harder to get rid of, and like pitwipe said, the healthiest way to lose is about 2-3 lbs a week of actual fat

three.eighteen.
03-05-2006, 07:21 PM
damn near impossible, depending on how big you are, you might be able to lose that in water like someone said, but id say the most you could hope for in fat loss in 25 days is 10 lbs, and that would still be most difficult

CCM Pro
03-05-2006, 08:29 PM
not entirely impossible...you can do it though a couple of cleanses I know of while working out and not harming your body of certain vital nutrients.

ecstasy_civic
03-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
not entirely impossible...you can do it though a couple of cleanses I know of while working out and not harming your body of certain vital nutrients.
I dunno man,
25lbs is ALOT of weight regardless if its water or not.

likwid
03-05-2006, 08:35 PM
You can do a juice fast and reach that goal easily, but it will mess up your metabolism and expect to gain at least half of it back when you begin eating again.

pinoyhero
03-05-2006, 09:23 PM
You don't mention much about your diet, you should have a relatively low carb, diet and eat the 5-6 meals a day min.

1-Cent
03-05-2006, 09:28 PM
DNP will lose you 1-1.5lbs per day, but its not recommended to pass 21 days (3 weeks), if you diet it would be possible with DNP. No other far burner or diet can produce that extreme of an effect. Of course it comes with side effects, you may even miss some work/school lol. I guess it depend how bad you want it. :dunno:

Alex_FORD
03-05-2006, 11:29 PM
IF I'm drinking water like crazy, and I still manage to lose this kind of weight, couldn't I credit it to fat loss and reduced water retention?

ie reduced water retention in my legs = good, and general dehydration of body=bad, right?

BTW, 1-cent,

please don't turn this thread into a discussion of steroids, but.....

Holy crap!!!! http://www.steroid.com/DNP.phtml

I wouldn't want to try anything like that.

1-Cent
03-06-2006, 12:52 AM
DNP is not a steroid.. or even a hormone for that matter..

I'm just stating the fact that you will not lose 25lbs in 25 days unless you do 1 of 2 things, use stupid amounts of lasix and wear a rubber body suit all day, or DNP would do it also. Don't do the first option ever I'm just saying thats what it would take but thats stupid, lasix will put you in the ground faster than anything and itll be water weight lost not fat at all
Btw sides from DNP vary greatly person to person, I know someone personally who runs it every other month because he competes so often and he sweats a bit, gets tired easy... most places will make it sound like death in a bottle but its not, its been used in well documented clinical studies where obese patients litteraly took it for YEARS under doc supervision every day. we're talking 3 weeks here at a fraction of a clinical dose for a fraction of the duration, don't be so gullable.

If you don't want to do it then don't by all means, I'm not trying to convince you, I couldn't care less what you do, this isnt a flame i'm just laying it out for you, what you want is impossible without extreme measures, period.
yeah i talk about steroids, hgh, igf, epo, pgf, things you've never heard of, so what? none of which are illegal to possess or use in this country. you do what you want and ill do what i want, if you don't like the facts then change your goals.

Originally posted by Alex_FORD
IF I'm drinking water like crazy, and I still manage to lose this kind of weight, couldn't I credit it to fat loss and reduced water retention?

ie reduced water retention in my legs = good, and general dehydration of body=bad, right?

BTW, 1-cent,

please don't turn this thread into a discussion of steroids, but.....

Holy crap!!!! http://www.steroid.com/DNP.phtml

I wouldn't want to try anything like that.

Alex_FORD
03-06-2006, 02:10 AM
1-cent,
thanks for that post.I never intended to offend or put you on the defensive.

well, I'm going to give this thing a shot for the next 25 days, it certainly isn't going to hurt if I lose 10 pounds in 25 days while attempting 25. We'll see how close I can get.

so here goes:

today's weight 284.5 lbs
target weight on March 30 is 259.5 lbs

let the hard work and healthy eating begin!

1-Cent
03-06-2006, 02:36 AM
1-cent,
thanks for that post.I never intended to offend or put you on the defensive.

well, I'm going to give this thing a shot for the next 25 days, it certainly isn't going to hurt if I lose 10 pounds in 25 days while attempting 25. We'll see how close I can get.

so here goes:

today's weight 284.5 lbs
target weight on March 30 is 259.5 lbs

let the hard work and healthy eating begin!

I wasn't trying to be harsh on you bro seriously, just too often you get some one like yourself wanting to lose 25lbs in 25 days, realise they can only lose 5-10lbs and then give up hope and gain 30lbs instead.
If you were to make more reasonable goals such as 5-10lbs I would say ECA, Yohimbe HCL or both would be helpful, all of course obtainable at any health food store.

The key to losing weight fast is 60% training, 40% diet really. If you diet and don't do cardio eventually you're body reaches homeostasis with that caloric intake and it starts to conserve energy in various ways, making you tire easily, low energy level, lethargy... over time itll only compinsate, you may lose 5 or 6lbs before this happends but then you'll lose the lbs much much slower, almost nill.

Cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach + ECA/Yohimbe HCL + diet is the best 'natural' way you're goig to make the most progress.

One other thing to think about is Meridia, its an Rx script drug (in Canada) that isn't a stimulant but instead is supposed to decrease your appetite and desire to eat... may help ease the experiance a bit if you weren't always dying to eat.

jcrules99
03-06-2006, 09:51 AM
cardio in the morning isnt necessarily the best.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=716877

i have been on that site for a while, its helped me alot, alex_ford i would recommend joining it and then u can ask questions from people who have been through losing weight.

Toma
03-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Depends on your percentage of body fat. If you are ~30% body fat right now, a pound a day is easy.

been there, done that. Did it 15 years ago. The diet is called Atkins, and WILL NOT FAIL a fat guy.

I lost 31 pounds in 4 weeks, though, I only dieted for 3 of that. Also worked out at the same time...

Waist went from 41 to 34, biceps stayed at 17.5 (But I trained hard).

Traditional diet will not work. That is a calorie defecit of 3500 A DAY... can't be done.

Toma
03-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah, no drugs, or wacko supplements.

I ate steak, fish (lotsa tuna and salmon), green leafy's, brocolli, cauliflower, chicken, turkey, eggs eggs and more eggs etc...

bacchus
03-13-2006, 11:48 AM
So, 8 days into it have you lost 8 lbs?

Update?

Alex_FORD
03-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by bacchus
So, 8 days into it have you lost 8 lbs?

Update?

to tell you the truth I don't know how to answer that because I'm unclear of my starting weight.....

on day 1, I drank about 4-5 liters of water, did a standing job at work(normally sitting), ate about 2200 calories, and cardio was about 600-700 calories......my weight at the end of the day was 292 :eek: I haven't seen 285 all week, and this morning I'm at 282 lbs

Anyway, you are right, I didn't make 8 pounds loss. but I'm going to stick with this because I still think this past week has been healthy for me.

My diet all week has been:

breakfast: 1 pouch of instant oatmeal, half a fruit, milk, multivitamin
snack: 2 food groups
lunch: huge salad with no dressing, but added 30 grams of protien from cottage cheese or tuna
supper: meat, vegies

1 liter of water while during cardio
3-4 bottle(500ml) of water while at work

bacchus
03-13-2006, 04:25 PM

to tell you the truth I don't know how to answer that because I'm unclear of my starting weight.....

on day 1, I drank about 4-5 liters of water, did a standing job at work(normally sitting), ate about 2200 calories, and cardio was about 600-700 calories......my weight at the end of the day was 292 :eek: I haven't seen 285 all week, and this morning I'm at 282 lbs

Anyway, you are right, I didn't make 8 pounds loss. but I'm going to stick with this because I still think this past week has been healthy for me.

My diet all week has been:

breakfast: 1 pouch of instant oatmeal, half a fruit, milk, multivitamin
lunch: huge salad with no dressing, but added 30 grams of protien from cottage cheese or tuna
supper: meat, vegies

1 liter of water while during cardio
3-4 bottle(500ml) of water while at work :thumbsup: good job , keep it up!