PDA

View Full Version : Dent Repair - DNT?

guessboi
03-05-2006, 07:20 PM
I did a search and I heard mostly good things about this place.
so I wonder how much does it cost to repair a small ding on the passenger side door?
and how long does it take and do I need to book an appointment?

or any recommandatons to do a small ding. I tried dry ice and it didn't work. and I don't want to remove my panel.

:D

frozenrice
03-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I used them last summer and they do very good work. I had four door panels with about 1-3 dents a door done for $200. You just need to give them a couple of days notice before you want to drop the car off. Depending on how much work needs to be done, it'll take anywhere from a few hours to a whole day.

lastprodigy
03-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Can paintless repair be done on anypanel?

Weapon_R
03-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
Can paintless repair be done on anypanel?

No. They could not take out a dent that I had on a previous car. They tried, but it looked like ass and they did not charge me for it - truthfully, I would have preferred it if they did not touch the dent at all because it did not look as bad before they tried to fix it.

lastprodigy
03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
So, what panels does it not work/cant they do it on? Or is it just case by case?

frozenrice
03-05-2006, 11:33 PM
They can work on any panel as long as there is access to the backside of the dent via some sort of void space and some way to access that space. If the dent is on a seam or a spot where the bracing is welded in behind it, they won't be able to do it.

chong_wallace
03-06-2006, 09:35 AM
I highly reccommend that place,
if you go, ask for Brian, he's helped me countless times and the quality and service has always been a+

CLiVE
03-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by chong_wallace
I highly reccommend that place,
if you go, ask for Brian, he's helped me countless times and the quality and service has always been a+

I also highly recommend them. They did a 'full car' dent repair on my stealth for around ~$200. They removed all the little dents/dings and it looked amazing.

Great work.

guessboi
03-06-2006, 01:37 PM
cool. so I called and asked for a quote.
this guy named "ernie" picked up and told me to bring the car in to provide me a actual quote...sounds like a nice guy.
so I guess I will be going down there soon and see how much it will cost. they said it will be $50-100. I believe $50 bucks is appropriate for my little ding on the passenger door.

store hours...
open 9-5:30 M-F (but he said he is there till like 7:30)
you will need to book an appointment on saturday.

(give them a call first a hour before bring in the car)

v2kai
06-02-2006, 04:22 PM
sorry if i missed it....what's the number to the place?
thanks

guessboi
06-02-2006, 11:27 PM
http://dntpaintlessdentrepair.com/index.asp

mutsuraboshi
06-02-2006, 11:43 PM
i also know of a guy that does private work, give me a pm if you want his contact

lilmira
10-10-2006, 11:17 PM
So some numbnut dented my door (more like a ding) He/she left without leaving any information of course. Luckily, no damage to the paint, just a few very light scuff mark on the clear coat. I'm still mad as hell. It's painful to look at the car as I can no longer see the perfect reflection off the paint.
I did a search on Beyond and DNT showed up with good review. So I stopped by today and Ernie looked at it and said no problem. He told me to bring it in later in the day and it would be 80 bucks. I brought it in and watched as he did his magic. In around 10-15 min, the car is like brand new again. I can hardly tell where the dent was if there wasn't a few scuff marks. Best part of the story, he only charged me 60 bucks.

So thumbs up to you guys for recommending DNT. Thumbs up to DNT for doing a great job and not charging an arm or leg.

Finally, big FU to the numbnut who gave me the dent in the first place, shame on you for not holding on to your door and taking off without leaving any info.