PDA

View Full Version : Whats with people in Crowfoot losing there wheels

ecstasyracer
03-16-2003, 03:22 PM
I always see this in the crowfoot plaza lately. A couple days ago there was this newer Dodge Carivan that had the front left wheel just fall off. I think it pushed the fender up a little and that can't be too good for the brake rotor. A month ago I saw an old Audi 5000 the lost a rear wheel in the same area too. Don't people every check there lug nuts. You would think they would wonder what that bad vibration is when the lugs get a little loose.

FiveFreshFish
03-16-2003, 03:42 PM
Wheel lugs and tires are probably one of the most neglected parts of a car for the average driver.

How many drivers actually torque their lugs to factory specs after swapping rims, and do they recheck the torque after driving a week? Who checks their tire pressure weekly? Or even monthly?

That.Guy.S30
03-16-2003, 04:17 PM
i saw a 92 accord lose his right front wheel right beside me. crz.

That.Guy.S30
03-16-2003, 04:17 PM
that was yesterday on 68 and mcknight

Daddymax
03-16-2003, 04:45 PM
yea I shoudl check mien more. I just changed my wheels to summer wheels and my witners were on pretty lose....

LancerShelby
03-16-2003, 06:47 PM
What's with the fucking loud white RX-7 running around crowfoot;) Jeez man, you'd better put down some quick times this year to match the dB levels!! j/k

T5_X
03-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

How many drivers actually torque their lugs to factory specs after swapping rims, and do they recheck the torque after driving a week? Who checks their tire pressure weekly? Or even monthly?

How many fuckin garages torque them up right!? I can't stand when I'm changing a tire on my mom's car or something and the lugs are on there at about 200 ft/lbs. Fucking lazy bastarads using the impact gun to tigten them :thumbsdow

VTEXTC
03-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Wheel bearings are probably something that shouldn't be overlooked. Loose lug nuts aren't the only reason such incidents occur.
A

ecstasyracer
03-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by LancerShelby
What's with the fucking loud white RX-7 running around crowfoot;) Jeez man, you'd better put down some quick times this year to match the dB levels!! j/k

Don't worry that'll be more than taken care of, not until next winter though. ;)

ecstasy_civic
03-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer

Don't worry that'll be more than taken care of, not until next winter though. ;)

ill second that motion:rofl:
ya even when im downstairs at work i can hear you drive by lol. oh ya i gotta ask you if you raced a black swift? he works with me and seems to know who you are.

Lo)2enz0
03-17-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by ecstasyracer

ahh so thats you. sometimes when I walk to the husky in scenic acres I see you come to the 4 way stop. and damn your car is soooooo damn load.

Laurier

ecstasy_civic
03-17-2003, 12:57 AM
try going on the highway, airport ear muffs are needed at all times lol:rofl:

James
03-17-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

ya even when im downstairs at work i can hear you drive by lol.

It seems i have some Competition for most abnoxiously LOUD car! :tongue:......I rarely ever Bring it over 3-4000 rpm in Neigbourhoods and today my GF Said she could hear me when i was about a block away, and she was in her basement:nut:....Anyone have a DB meter?, it'd be funny to see how Loud it actually is :rofl:

___2PaC___
03-17-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31

How many fuckin garages torque them up right!? I can't stand when I'm changing a tire on my mom's car or something and the lugs are on there at about 200 ft/lbs. Fucking lazy bastarads using the impact gun to tigten them :thumbsdow

:werd: none of em give a shit how tight it is, its go for the air gun, 2 secs later put it down they done, GO GO GO, that all they think, it sucks!

Ben
03-17-2003, 08:00 AM
someone loosened my lugnuts on my car last year when I parked at the LRT station.

I check them often now.

RiceCake
03-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Ben
someone loosened my lugnuts on my car last year when I parked at the LRT station.

I check them often now.

Damn I remember that...:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

No respect! :thumbsdow

I need to get a new torque wrench at home soon. any suggestions? :)

mwmhong
03-17-2003, 09:03 AM
"What I drive: 79 Hyundai Pony SH!T-Type S edition."<-LOL! :rofl:

After mounting the wheels, most shops tell you to check the tightness of the lugnuts when you get home.
At Costco, they make you sign this form that is supposed to ensure that you check the tightness. I guess some people don't.