PDA

View Full Version : Another psp question thread

Stiny
03-05-2006, 09:33 PM
ok so i got a psp i think the firmware is 1.5 could be wrong but yeah i also bought a 2gig pro duo disk thing and i have no idea how to download music onto the memory card so that it plays on my psp i've tried all kinds of shit and asked at E/B and future shop and that didn't help

beecue
03-05-2006, 11:13 PM
you have to make a folder in the PSP folder named MUSIC ... this is how mine looks I:\PSP\MUSIC ... then just put your mp3s in there ... i think only mp3s and one other are supported with 1.5

Stiny
03-05-2006, 11:17 PM
yeah i tried that and then i put music into the folder and than went onto the psp and went to the music icon and it said there was no tracks but i was missing some memory on the card so i know their on the card but it wont show up in the psp

beecue
03-06-2006, 11:33 PM
what kind of files are they ... format? ... like windows media files wont show up and others

Stiny
03-06-2006, 11:56 PM
o shit thats what it was damn haha now i ahve to redownload all my songs i ripped from CDs cause those are all WMA

TheXplosion
03-07-2006, 12:11 AM
if that doesnt work, then format your card from your psp, plug it in, and everything will work fine, youll already have folders for pics and music!!!!!!

but videos i have no clue , but format it and thats all you have to do!!!:thumbsup:

WickedonaStick
03-13-2006, 12:30 PM
videos go in F:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01
the videos have to be mpeg 4 and have to have the following name: M4V10001
the last four # on the name can be any numbers

Stiny
03-17-2006, 01:13 AM
ok so now i've downloaded the upgrade off of the sony website and i've had a friend try to update it using his GTA game and both times when i went into the upgrade file i have no text come up just an x and o at the bottom for picking my options but i dunno wut the options if any are

Rocky
03-17-2006, 01:16 AM
You probably have that glitch where text doesn't appear. I had that for a while before I reupgraded. Might as well press X to see what happens, doubt i can hurt. Also, remember when you're upgrading the AC plug-in has to be in.

Stiny
03-17-2006, 01:17 AM
yeah i had it plugged in and i did press x than another thing came up no txt and all i could press was o than i went back to the first and pressed over and x again than my psp reset