PDA

View Full Version : thick hair

Mr.Burns
03-06-2006, 12:10 AM
i have thin hair on my head and it really sucks cause u cant spike it up or do nothing man, does anyone know how to thicken hair ,

t-im
03-06-2006, 12:14 AM
I've seen shampoo that allegedly thickens hair..though I don't know if it works or not.

3G
03-06-2006, 12:19 AM
is ur hair normally thin or are you balding

ryder_23
03-06-2006, 12:19 AM
First of all, change your sig..its effing huge

Second, take certain vitamins, i forget if its vitamin A/B/E, but theyre good for hair cell growth

1-Cent
03-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Theres only two perscribed drugs that work... 99.9% of so called hair loss solutions don't work, trust me theres a lot of DHT in my veins and my hair needs all the help it can get :(

This may give you some insight in understanding how it works bud.

Dutasteride and finasteride are both 5-alpha-reductase (5AR) inhibitors. Both treatments work by inhibiting 5AR, the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the primary androgen in the prostate. It is a primary factor in the development and progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and other prostate diseases and is also a major cause of hair loss.

Dutasteride is a competitive inhibitor of both type-1 and type-2 isoenzymes of DHT, with 45-fold greater potency than finasteride against type-1 and type-2 isoenzymes. Approximately 85% to 90% of DHT is suppressed by the inhibition of type-2 isozymes. The remaining DHT is hypothesized to be from type-1 5-alpha-reductase. Finasteride is a competitive inhibitor of 5-alpha-reductase that selectively inhibits the type-2 isoenzyme. The dual inhibition resulting from dutasteride treatment may be beneficial in prostatic diseases that depend on androgens, as both isoenzymes are up-regulated in BPH while only the type-1 isoenzyme is up-regulated in prostate cancer. It is not yet known if there are clinical differences between selective inhibitors and dual inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase in the treatment of BPH.
Effect of Dutasteride and Finasteride on Serum DHT Concentrations

Serum DHT suppression when taking dutasteride is significantly greater than Serum DHT suppression when taking finasteride. treatment with dutasteride (0.5mg daily) in patients with BPH resulted in median reductions in serum DHT concentrations of 94% after one year of treatment and 93% after two years of treatment. Therapy with Finasteride (5 mg daily) for up to 4 years in patients with BPH suppressed serum DHT concentrations by only 70%.

Treatment with dutasteride resulted in fast decrease in serum DHT concentrations. After one week of treatment serum DHT concentrations were reduced by 85% and by 90% after two weeks of treatment.

Dutasteride resulted in a greater suppression of DHT than finasteride and the response to dutasteride was less variable than finasteride in longer term-studies. After four months of treatment 0.5mg dutasteride reduced serum DHT concentration by 94.7% (+/- 3.3%) while 5mg finasteride decreased serum DHT concentrations by 70.8% (+/- 18.3%).

After treatment had been stopped, serum DHT concentrations returned to within 20% of baseline values 4 weeks following the end of treatment in those subjects taking finasteride and 16 weeks in those taking dutasteride.

http://www.hairsite7.com/m603dutas29/_disc603/dutas5argraph3.gif

hopefully you all see the graph?

mikey_mo_love
03-06-2006, 12:46 AM
^
but that doesn't thicken hair, it only reduces the rate at which baldness occurs, correct?

1-Cent
03-06-2006, 12:57 AM
I've been taking Finasteride 2.5mg /day for about 1.5 years, Dutasteride is alot harder to aquire and it be legit so I settle for 70% instead of 90-95% or whatever.

For the first 3-4 months you will shed more hair than your previously were, this is the drug getting rid of the damaged follicals that it cant do anthing for.

after 6-9 months your hair loss stops

after 1 year it starts to grow back

Neither is a quick fix, if you take it, you take it for life.

Mr.Burns
03-06-2006, 01:15 PM
o im not balding, just i have thin hair,

1-Cent
03-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Try Saw Palmetto

89coupe
03-06-2006, 04:05 PM
There is absolutely nothing known to man that will make your hair thicker 'naturaly' at this time.

You can apply product to your hair to give the appearance of thicker hair but nothing will actually make your hair thicker.

Its called genetics, you were born with what you have. Blame your parents...LOL

A_3
03-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Try some sort of wax product as opposed to gel to style your hair. Or shave your head.

Zero102
03-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Hahaha, I'll trade you. Mine is so thick I can't do anything with it. If it's short it's just uncontrollable, so I'm keeping it long and tied back.

hockeybronx
03-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Burns
o im not balding, just i have thin hair,

Originally posted by A_3
Try some sort of wax product as opposed to gel to style your hair. Or shave your head.

:werd:

If you buy a good sculpting wax you can do literally anything you want with your hair:thumbsup:

89coupe
03-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

:werd:

If you buy a good sculpting wax you can do literally anything you want with your hair:thumbsup:

Women just love running their hands through that.:barf: :rofl:

A_3
03-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Uh huh... :rolleyes: It sure beats having your rock hard gel hair impailing her. :D

joyridder
03-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

Women just love running their hands through that.:barf: :rofl:

Hahaha as a girl, I can say yes to that.....lol

redline_13000
03-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Use a dry paste rather than a wet product to style it, it will make it "seem" thicker.:thumbsup:

ronaldo
03-07-2006, 07:07 PM
there is a product called american crew fiber..it is a bit pricey but it makes ure hair have a really thick look

im in the same boat as u...very thin hair but when i use this product to style my hair it makes it look really thick and gives it a look that i lke alot better than using regular gels

1-Cent
03-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by ronaldo
there is a product called american crew fiber..it is a bit pricey but it makes ure hair have a really thick look

im in the same boat as u...very thin hair but when i use this product to style my hair it makes it look really thick and gives it a look that i lke alot better than using regular gels

Well if you just want the appearance of thicker hair but not actually any more follicals then 2% nizoral shampoo volumizes it alot... but again its just appearance and if u lost more ...

Mr.Burns
03-08-2006, 04:14 PM
I too have thin hair and once it get to a certain point, no gel can do any good except have a slick hack hair style, like those spanish guys, or shave it all off :dunno:

Thats our only choices of hairstyle unfortuantly :(
But whats this dry paste you speak of ? does it ruin hair or anything like that ?

cycosis
03-09-2006, 11:04 PM
man i was hopin thered be a gift from god in this thread for my thin hair:(

xcelr8
03-12-2006, 03:08 AM
ask your local salon for which products to use

ive seen a couple today while i was looking for some styling products myself

heres a couple you might wanna look into

http://www.fudge.com/fudge/main/index.php?select=individual&ID=7&MID=

http://www.fudge.com/fudge/main/index.php?select=individual&ID=29&MID=

http://www.americancrew.com/fb/thickeninglotion.gif

redline_13000
03-12-2006, 05:02 AM
a really good one is DIFI details, small jar the size of a puck with a light blue lid:thumbsup: