PDA

View Full Version : David Gilmour: On An Island

hockeybronx
03-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Any big Pink Floyd fans pick up David Gimours new album today?

I listened to the World Premier of it on Sunday on Q107. It's for sure a decent album, very much like the Division Bell In My Opinion.

What's anyone else's thoughts?

habsfan
03-07-2006, 02:27 PM
shit i meant to listen to that premiere, forgot about it i guess. i had heard bits and pieces of it, sounded a little softer than i would like. hows it sound, comparable to pink floyd sound or is it different?

hockeybronx
03-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by habsfan
hows it sound, comparable to pink floyd sound or is it different?

Well that depends on what era of Pink Floyd we're talking about. There was the Syd Barrett era, then a Roger Waters era, and also a David Gilmour era.

"On An Island" is probably closest to the "Momentary Lapse Of Reason", and "Division Bell" albums. These are of course the albums that David Gilmour had the biggest roles in.

It's quite different from "The Wall" or "Dark Side Of The Moon", or any of the early days stuff with Syd Barrett.

I would love to have another Roger Waters album come out similar to "The Final Cut''.

three.eighteen.
03-07-2006, 02:34 PM
i heard the single, sounds like PF to me, but i'm not the worlds biggest PF fan, and i'm sure some of those typical pretentious argumentative PF fans would argue there's a world of difference...

ps: i'm not bitter at PF fans, but i think a lot of ppl would agree with me here, same with those goddamn U2 fans :rofl: