PDA

View Full Version : 2006 RSX questions?

t-im
03-07-2006, 09:25 PM
A friend of mine is looking to pick up a 2006 Acura RSX Premium - cloth/auto..

Just had a few questions - since it's going out of production next year, how does that affect resale values? Is it something that I should convince my friend out of?

Since it's the final year of production, can I expect the price to be "more negotiable" then usual? Has anyone bought a RSX lately? What's a good price to pay for it?

Finally - who are some good sales guys to go to at Silverhill and Northwest?

Thanks

lastprodigy
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
I would go used....and cloth is the base model is cloth and premium has leather/roof etc but maybe the model designations have changed.

t-im
03-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy
I would go used....and cloth is the base model is cloth and premium has leather/roof etc but maybe the model designations have changed.

It's changed.

It goes: Premium cloth--> Premium leather-->Type S

Used is out of the question.

:(

A2VR6
03-07-2006, 11:06 PM
I dont see how resale values could be affected that greatly with it being out of production next year :dunno: . As in the price for the car I know they're offering something like 2.8% financing on the car so I would think there would be some room to negotiate the price. I think 29k tax and freight/PDI in would be a reasonable price to pay for that car. Either way after taxes and fees I wouldnt pay more than what acura lists the car for on the site (in this case 29,780 after tax+fees).

As for Salesmen... I went through Silverhill and I talked to a guy name Toby, he's a good guy.

Aleks
03-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Try also talking to Gail at Silverhill. She is the most polite saleswoman I've dealt with. Haven't bought a car there but when i go in she treats me well.

Xtrema
03-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I tested the exact same car last fall. Got a 06 Civic instead. Way better car for the money. Unless you're really hooked on the Acura badge and the hatch.

And of course, they won't let one go for less than $30K last fall as well. It may be better now with Civic on the road but I doubt they'll stock many knowing Civic is coming.

Exterior -> RSX
Interior -> Civic by a HUGE margin
Noise -> Civic by a HUGE margin
Fit and Finish -> Civic
Power -> Manual: RSX, Auto: Tied
Fun to drive -> tied
Value -> $4K less for pretty much the same features, Civic.

t-im
03-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6
I dont see how resale values could be affected that greatly with it being out of production next year :dunno: . As in the price for the car I know they're offering something like 2.8% financing on the car so I would think there would be some room to negotiate the price. I think 29k tax and freight/PDI in would be a reasonable price to pay for that car. Either way after taxes and fees I wouldnt pay more than what acura lists the car for on the site (in this case 29,780 after tax+fees).

As for Salesmen... I went through Silverhill and I talked to a guy name Toby, he's a good guy.

Thanks for the advice! ahh I guess I just have that kind of atitude where I think it's not worth it to purchase a car when it's either: 1) In it's last year of production and being discontinued 2) A new bodystyle comes out.

Originally posted by Xtrema
I tested the exact same car last fall. Got a 06 Civic instead. Way better car for the money. Unless you're really hooked on the Acura badge and the hatch.

My friend won't drive a Civic :D..i'm not too impressed with the features of the RSX (it's pretty outdated in my opinion) but there isn't much else out there in terms of competition..

A2VR6
03-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by t-im

My friend won't drive a Civic :D..i'm not too impressed with the features of the RSX (it's pretty outdated in my opinion) but there isn't much else out there in terms of competition..

Yes the RSX doesnt have much for features (like no head curtain airbags, no traction control and things like that) but I personally think that the car is amazing to drive and that is its selling point... sure it isnt THAT fast but the steering gives great feedback and is nicely weighted and the shifter is perfect (im talking about Type-S... havent driven the premium). I've driven an 06' Civic and I thought that the steering was numb and had no feedback (it was way too light) and the same could be for the shifter and clutch (WAY too light).

A car that I would seriously reccomend would be the new Volkswagen GTI. It's a great package! :thumbsup:

Billy
03-09-2006, 01:54 AM
GO DC5! yea RSX is the way to go.

DC2
03-09-2006, 01:59 AM
^^ hmm sounds biased

rc2002
03-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I think resale values are going to tumble when the redesigned RSX comes out. Who's going to want an old body style when they can have a new one?

Xtrema
03-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
I think resale values are going to tumble when the redesigned RSX comes out. Who's going to want an old body style when they can have a new one?

This is the last year. No new RSX is being planned.

rc2002
03-09-2006, 10:19 AM
There's got to be some kind of replacement - RSX is Acura's only 2-door right now... Plus RSX's are everywhere - I don't think Acura would pull the plug on such a successful car.

Aleks
03-09-2006, 10:44 AM
RSX is extreemly slow selling compared to the integra it replaced. My guess is RSX is out and a 2 door version of TSX takes its place.

Xtrema
03-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
There's got to be some kind of replacement - RSX is Acura's only 2-door right now... Plus RSX's are everywhere - I don't think Acura would pull the plug on such a successful car.

http://www.vtec.net/modelmatrix/

This site is pretty accurate and site owner has plenty of connection with Honda PR. And most of the talk is that RSX is done. Even Japanese media are not picking up much on the next Integra, so unless Honda is developing this in an underground bunker, don't get your hopes up.

As for Acura, shedding th RSX is crucial to get rid of the ghetto image. Leave the rice rocket crowd to Honda.

Acura will let RSX die quietly like the NSX. Hopefully, they'll resurrect the coupe with TSX redesign in 08. A TSX coupe as a starting point fit the Acura image way better than RSX can.

Justing
03-09-2006, 10:56 AM

As for Acura, shedding th RSX is crucial to get rid of the ghetto image. Leave the rice rocket crowd to Honda.

Exactly, I can't really take Acura seriously as a 'luxury' car manufacturer when the RSX is still in the line up.
Having said that though, i dont understand how killing the RSX but introducing the CSX would get rid of the 'ghetto image'

Xtrema
03-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Justing
Exactly, I can't really take Acura seriously as a 'luxury' car manufacturer when the RSX is still in the line up.
Having said that though, i dont understand how killing the RSX but introducing the CSX would get rid of the 'ghetto image'

It doesn't but traditionally, small car sells better in Canada and EL did bring a sizable amout of sales to dealerships, hence I can understand CSX. So that's why CSX is a Canadian only car.

But CSX is already having trouble selling. Financing rate has drop from 6.95% to 4.95% while the hot selling Civic remain at 6.95%. The problem is that Acura raised the price but did not change the content much to set themselve apart from the Civic.

Justing
03-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Yea i understand that, but it just doesn't evoke the image of luxury.

Lacking sales dont suprise me, it's just a rebadged civic with leather isn't it?

Xtrema
03-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Justing
Yea i understand that, but it just doesn't evoke the image of luxury.

Lacking sales dont suprise me, it's just a rebadged civic with leather isn't it?

Civic + 2L engine + leather + Navi option = CSX

A fully loaded CSX with Navi will cost over $33K out the door.

Justing
03-09-2006, 11:31 AM

Civic + 2L engine + leather + Navi option = CSX

A fully loaded CSX with Navi will cost over $33K out the door.

:thumbsdow

Anyways back on topic, if it's in the price range, GTI for sure!

t-im
03-09-2006, 01:01 PM
We looked at Gti - thought it was a bit too much for what it is...

Also looked at the Mini...feature + visibility wise it was much better, but overpriced for the hp.

Xtrema
03-09-2006, 03:20 PM
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=511773

Get it while you can, Acura insider said there will be no 07 RSX.

t-im
03-09-2006, 09:22 PM
hmm..any other opinions???

Any good sales people at Northwest?

What's the service dept like at Acura?