PDA

View Full Version : So I did yoga yestarday

Gorilla
03-08-2006, 09:41 AM
So I did yoga yestarday at my Gym.. To my suprise I wasnt the only guy in the class there were 2 other guys. So I put my ego aside and decided to go in. Half way through the class I started sweating like I just did 20 mins for cardio.

I was very supresied at how good of a workout it is, I could really feel it in my core muscles, helped with my balance (good for football/hockey) Im not really a big stretcher and it helps stretch out muscles as well..

On the whole, I really enjoyed it and would definetly go again. So guys put your ego's aside and jump in.

Im 210lbs at 6'1ft, if I could do it believe me you can too.

Summary
- great for stretching, loosening up tense muscles
- helped me relax
- build my balanace
- building your core
- and all that mental goodness

Unknown303
03-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Sounds great. I started into Pilate's over the last while and they are a great way to stretch out and work your core muscles. Might have to give Yoga a try.

pitwipe
03-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Agreed, yoga is great for the body. I keep meaning to sign up for a class, but never got around to it yet.

A_3
03-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I've also been seriously considering yoga lately. The only thing that previously stopped me was that I felt it was too much of a trend for a while. It seemed like every girl and her dog did yoda. Now that the craze has died down a little, and people a little more serious about it are doing it, i'm going to give it a shot.

spike98
03-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by A_3
I've also been seriously considering yoga lately. The only thing that previously stopped me was that I felt it was too much of a trend for a while. It seemed like every girl and her dog did yoda. Now that the craze has died down a little, and people a little more serious about it are doing it, i'm going to give it a shot.

HAHAHAH Everyone knows yoda's a slut. Do me doggy style you will....

All that aside, i have tried it and i love it. You body feels so energetic when its freashly stretched.

t-im
03-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Where does everyone do Yoga????

what's the average you pay per session?

Gondi Stylez
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
hmmm.. ive been thinking about this also... maybe ill swallow my ego and go for it next semester

^^^ at the u of a i think its 40-60 for the semester

Gorilla
03-13-2006, 11:48 AM
It should be part of your Gym Membership, thats the way it is with mine. I know there are other places that charge like 90 bucks for as much as you want for 30 days or something like that

Unknown303
03-18-2006, 09:26 PM
If you are a member of World Health Club its included in your membership as well as any other group activities that they offer. But i have Pilate and Yoga DVD's at home and i just did my first Yoga disc and it was great. Really intense workout in my opinion.

BebeAphrodite
03-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I hate Yoga - I dunno why I did it for a year, I prefer Pilates.

sputnik
03-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
I hate Yoga - I dunno why I did it for a year, I prefer Pilates.

Elaborating on your opinion might help.

Unknown303
03-19-2006, 09:24 AM
I find Yoga is great for flexibility and it kind of emphasises on a calm peace of mind the whole time your doing it so you wind up more relax afterwards in my opinion.

Gorilla
03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I find it's great for people who dont like stretching everyday.. loosens up my whole body.

Chester
03-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Yoga is fucking hard haha. I realized how unflexible I was, everything in my body was cracking.