PDA

View Full Version : Flames Want to Buy...

ProjectR
03-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Northwest Division

Calgary Flames: Buying -- GM Darryl Sutter is a sly one, and he has been talking down the possibilities of making a move or two, but he knows what's out there. The Flames have been linked to rumors of wanting Florida's Olli Jokinen, which would be a huge addition, adding the additional firepower the Flames seek.

For the full story:
http://www.nhl.com/features/buy_sell_west030806.html

I can imagine the possibilities! :drool:

HTN SWCHS
03-08-2006, 01:43 PM
this isnt new news man, good find though, i couldnt find alot of info on other western teams

Def_3
03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
this isnt new news man, good find though, i couldnt find alot of info on other western teams :werd: i just hope we get olli, olan nolan is too old i think, and olli would fit right in

ProjectR
03-08-2006, 01:55 PM
yeah I've heard other rumors in the past (Oleg Kvasha, Owen Nolan, Brad Richards, etc.)...this just seemed like more of sure thing...thought I doubt it is.

Gondi Stylez
03-08-2006, 01:58 PM
I have a feeling that if the flames were to get olli at the deadline they would nly do so if there was a contract attached to it :dunno:

buh_buh
03-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Owen Nolan already said last week he isn't coming back. Olli's been in Flames rumors for months now. Nothing really new here. No chance Brad Richards would end up here since Tampa's making a playoff run and they have a good chance of signing him with the cap going up next year/.

Ajay
03-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Nolan is a no show for this season. I think Ottawa has a HUGE interest in Ollie more than Calgary does.

I read in the Vancouver Sun when I was down there the Flames may be interested in Marleau as well.

ProjectR
03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
^^ IMO i don't see why ottawa would need ollie...they already have a solid line with spezza, alfredsson, and heatley, can they even afford ollie?

Nissanaddict
03-08-2006, 03:02 PM
they're trying to make up for goaltending woes with more scoring....probably wont work anyways.

mac_82
03-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Ottawa is mentioned in almost every rumour. Jokinen, Roloson, Bertuzzi, Recchi, Gary Roberts, John LeClair, Alyn McCauley, etc etc etc.

Take it with a grain of salt.

buh_buh
03-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Ottawa's got a lot of cap space because they built their team around drafting well, rather than through trades (with exception to Heatley, who at the time was viewed as a very bad move since they got rid of their higher paid town favourite) and pricier free agents. They still have more than enough room to add a big name to their team for this season.

ProjectR
03-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
Nolan is a no show for this season. I think Ottawa has a HUGE interest in Ollie more than Calgary does.

I read in the Vancouver Sun when I was down there the Flames may be interested in Marleau as well.

what the? Marleau...that wouldn't be bad either! Stupid Ottawa, just because they're the capital city they think they can do ANYTHING they want haha :goflames:

civicrider
03-08-2006, 03:34 PM
i dont want ither of em olli wants 5 million a year not worth it, flames have no one to really give up that would be worth anything

A_3
03-08-2006, 03:51 PM
^Jokinen would be traded as a rental. I would expect picks and prospects for him. Florida won't keep Jokinen or Luongo after this season, so I think it's safe to assume they are back in rebuilding mode (again).

I highly doubt Jokinen will come to town though. If he did I think it would be an awesome boost for the playoffs. But Sutters already said he's not trading any picks or prospects. He definetly won't trade away Leo, who is worth significantly more then a rented Jokinen. So it remains to be seen what goes down.

Rumors spread earlier about Arnason, who at first glance is a great fit. Two way, set up man, with finish. But he has alot of personality issues that may not be worth investing in.

Most exciting time of the year.
:D

Rocky
03-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Olli in CGY.... I dunno, never really did much for me. He doesn't seem like the kinda player that would fit well with our club. And 5 million a season? Personally, I'm not a big fan of this long-time rumor.

SuPhistiKatEd
03-08-2006, 05:10 PM
But, put him with the right players, and he could do wonders for any team.

This is more frustrating than waiting to open Christmas presents.

Shit or get off the pot, Darryl.

ProjectR
03-08-2006, 05:10 PM
i excited about whoever we get as a good center!

Def_3
03-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by ProjectR
^^ IMO i don't see why ottawa would need ollie...they already have a solid line with spezza, alfredsson, and heatley, can they even afford ollie? :werd:

SuPhistiKatEd
03-08-2006, 05:31 PM
The Senators have plenty to offer for Jokinen. Imagine how lethal they'd be.

4bier
03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
i dont want ither of em olli wants 5 million a year not worth it, flames have no one to really give up that would be worth anything thats because the flames are made up 3rd string guys, but if it works why not:goflames:

HTN SWCHS
03-08-2006, 11:34 PM
crap, edmonton got roloson

Orbie
03-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Not bad, but not great either. Without a good core defense any goalie will let goals in, just look at Loungo get beat up every game. Definitely an improvement over their existing goalie core though.

Hakkola
03-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
i dont want ither of em olli wants 5 million a year not worth it, flames have no one to really give up that would be worth anything

Jokinen is tied for 2nd with Crosby in Goals for a Centerman, behind only Staal. How is he not worth it?

As a rental player I don't think he'll come, unless there's some sort of contract agreement worked out, he'll probably go to Ottawa and they'll win the cup. :thumbsup:

Edit - Just realized he signed a contract extension. :(

ProjectR
03-09-2006, 12:05 PM
:bullshit: jokinen is staying in florida! :banghead: oh well...they would be stupid to trade him anyways.

civicrider
03-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Jokinen is tied for 2nd with Crosby in Goals for a Centerman, behind only Staal. How is he not worth it?

As a rental player I don't think he'll come, unless there's some sort of contract agreement worked out, he'll probably go to Ottawa and they'll win the cup. :thumbsup:

Edit - Just realized he signed a contract extension. :(

even though hes not up for grabs anymore he is no good to calgary because wed have to give up too much to get him

ProjectR
03-09-2006, 01:27 PM
:closed: :goflames: