PDA

View Full Version : FFXII gets 40/40 from Famitsu

cityhunter2501
03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145598.html

seems like it was worth the wait for game.
Although personally didnt like the new battle system.

yellowsnow
03-08-2006, 05:29 PM
sweet finally a reason for me to buy a ps2 :thumbsup:

rith
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
the combat system reminded me of chrono trigger :confused:

RickDaTuner
03-08-2006, 06:00 PM
they should wait for the PS3, the graphics look like they are going to be lacking quality...

I think im officially too old to be playing Video games.. haha or maybe i'm just to lazy to sit infront of a TV for hours on end, as im sure this title will take a good 60hrs of straight game play to finish....

Bill Cosby
03-08-2006, 06:13 PM
whens it coming out in North America?

pinoyhero
03-10-2006, 06:14 AM
Looks pretty sweet but I'm all about online RPGs. Says Oct'06 for North American release

Despair*
03-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
they should wait for the PS3, the graphics look like they are going to be lacking quality...

Way too late for that. They started developing it way too long ago to even consider switching platforms to the ps3. Doing something like that would waste millions in labor and project work that they had already invested. I'm sure square enix is already in development for some good rpgs for the ps3.

V6-BoI
03-10-2006, 09:13 AM
I think they adopted the new battle system from FFXI, and from WoW, I personally like the turn based battle system more, but I've never played WoW or FFXI before, so this will be something new for me.

Xtrema
03-10-2006, 10:13 AM
What's with the crappy graphics?

Despair*
03-10-2006, 10:22 AM
^Whats exactly so bad about them? Sure its Ps2, but the graphics are still good despite the how old the system is. Its not all about the graphics all the time, I'd rather play a game with an incredible storyline than just a boring game full visually stunning graphics.

ninjak84
03-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Damn I haven't bought a game since Gran Turismo 4...
I wonder when we get this game so I can try it.

heavyD
03-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
What's with the crappy graphics?

I just started playing Ghost Recon for 360 which looks incredible in 720p and switched to playing Black on my PS2 in 480p. I felt like I was playing a FPS version of Pong compared to Ghost Recon. I know graphics aren't everything but once you get used to the HD graphics you tend to notice the PS2 jaggies and flickers big time to the point where you feel your playing a poor man's video game. The city you battle in Ghost Recon feels so real with the incredible lighting effects (which actually impede your vision if you look in the direction of the sun), draw distances, & textures that it actually creates the feeling that you are actually involved in a real battle. Playing Black felt like playing a good PS2 game but the experience isn't as immersive. Incredible graphics can't save a bad game but can completely enhance a good game and make it more immersive.

V6-BoI
03-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Incredible graphics can't save a bad game but can completely enhance a good game and make it more immersive.

That's true, it's just like when FFX just came out for the PS2. The graphics were really good at the time. Then you try playing FFVII again on the PS1 and you notice that the graphics are REALLY grainy on the PS1. I never played the XBOX 360 yet, so I haven't actually seen how the graphics are like. The graphics on the PS2 still look good to me.

ZEDGE
03-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by V6-BoI

That's true, it's just like when FFX just came out for the PS2. The graphics were really good at the time. Then you try playing FFVII again on the PS1 and you notice that the graphics are REALLY grainy on the PS1. I never played the XBOX 360 yet, so I haven't actually seen how the graphics are like. The graphics on the PS2 still look good to me.

Look here.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119783

Not to troll but playing ps2 makes my eyes bleed now.. hehe.

Spoiled by the 360.

GQBalla
03-10-2006, 02:49 PM
can;t wait for it to come out!

Rocky
03-10-2006, 03:49 PM
bah, FF lost me a long time ago. FFX-2 was the backbreaker. I feel insulted they actually made that game and tried to sell it under the FF name. FF12 gets no anticipation from me... maybe it can change my mind if it's actually good.

Anyway, I'll take Grandia, Shadow Hearts, or Suikoden instead. I'd much rather save my money for Suiko V, SH3, or even the new Valkyrie Profile coming out, than put it down for another FF.

As for graphics... could care less. I'd be happy with FF6 graphics if the game itself is good.