PDA

View Full Version : early entrance to Haskayne

dodgy
03-08-2006, 07:20 PM
I got early entrance to Haskayne. Does this mean I am in, so long as I C- or better my final 5 pre-commerce classes, or do they re-run the GPA's and I could get punted out should something happen?

thanks
d

AsianCaucasian
03-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by dodgy
I got early entrance to Haskayne. Does this mean I am in, so long as I C- or better my final 5 pre-commerce classes, or do they re-run the GPA's and I could get punted out should something happen?

thanks
d

Yes, you should be in just as long as you maintain your C-. My friend and I checked with the undergrad office for this last year and as far as I understand it that is how it works.

JJLuke
03-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Just because you're guaranteed an in doesn't mean that you can let your grades slip... Trust me, when you are interviewed for jobs, employers (at least for the prime jobs) can be very particular about your grades - I remember getting asked on three ocassions why i got a "C" in MATH221. That was first semester, first year and my first midterm! Albeit it was the only blemish on my transcript (all others were B or better). My buddy is getting railed during interviews on his second year GPA (2.x) - his mom was dying of cancer too!

Not trying to be your dad or anything, just letting you know what I think.

Team_Mclaren
03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by JJLuke
Just because you're guaranteed an in doesn't mean that you can let your grades slip... Trust me, when you are interviewed for jobs, employers (at least for the prime jobs) can be very particular about your grades - I remember getting asked on three ocassions why i got a "C" in MATH221. That was first semester, first year and my first midterm! Albeit it was the only blemish on my transcript (all others were B or better). My buddy is getting railed during interviews on his second year GPA (2.x) - his mom was dying of cancer too!

Not trying to be your dad or anything, just letting you know what I think.

i think he's refering to his entance towards Haskayne...

ExRollen
03-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Yup, I got early a few weeks ago, only need your C- and you're cruisin