PDA

View Full Version : Buying rims on ebay?

lexIS300
03-08-2006, 08:35 PM
has anyone bought rims from ebay before? the prices are so much cheaper. im wondering if you get raped from duty/taxes.

thanks

Barrington
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
I bought the 18's for my e class on ebay, it was a used rim/tire package that was used with like 100 miles on them or something ridiculous.
If they are used you shouldn't have to pay any duty fees, I had mine shipped via DHL which is in my opinion the best carrier. If you use UPS in any case you'll get raped for fees they are the worst. On new rim/tire packages you're going to have to pay considerable duty if they are shipped via UPS, usually a horrible rate over 25% of the declared value of the package. Try to find a lightly used package, that is your best bet.

tirebob
03-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Just confirm shipping, duty and brokerage fee's. There are deals to be had, but there are horror stories out there also... I had one guy come in with 4 wheels he bought on e-bay for like $600.00 US, but the shipping and brokerage fee's cost him almost another $300.00. It would cost him almost $200.00 cheaper if he had bought them in Cnada (these particular rims...).