PDA

View Full Version : Axles..

eur0
03-17-2003, 01:08 AM
Did a search but couldnt find much, just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on the best place to go for axles? How much for install etc? I was thinking of just going to part source or canadian tire and doing it myself...how hard can it be?

I turned my wheel today and found a nice big tear half way around the cv boot with grease everywhere :) it makes a real loud clicking noise when i turn and wanna get it fixed real soon!
Ive also been told not to say axles but half-shaft?

jaylo
03-17-2003, 01:34 AM
i would suggest going to Partsource and bring the old one back to them so you can save more. It's not that hard to replace it although you should buy cotter pins and the castle nut just in case it breaks or anything. Me and my friend did each side within 20mins using power tools and hydraulic lift.

BigBearWest
03-17-2003, 01:51 AM
ok, i work at partsource and the axle we have suck they are rebulit by fenco and suck. i would suggest going to napa for your axels. it is easy to chage your axles. but is u want a shop to do it i recommend steve at aria auto phone # 266-5774 tell him that roberto sent you :)

eur0
03-17-2003, 02:22 AM
alright cool any idea on cost?? I only need the driver side axle.

Ben
03-17-2003, 02:24 AM
what kinda car?

I'm guessing about 150 bucks or so for an OEM one, and then install shouldn't be more than an hour or 2.

eur0
03-17-2003, 02:25 AM
its for my 91 civic hb

BigBearWest
03-17-2003, 11:44 AM
69.99 plus 50 for the core which you will get back when you bring back the core

AutodreamMarvin
03-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by BigBearWest
69.99 plus 50 for the core which you will get back when you bring back the core

69.99??? damn good deal!:thumbsup:
i also need one for the drivers side.
quick question. i got mine about 8 months ago, and the boot already ripped. i didn't notice until it started clicking:banghead: anyways, warranty doesn't cover if the axles break because of ripped boot right?

CRXguy
03-17-2003, 07:57 PM
i got mine at partsource for 75 or so and plus 50 for core exchange. my dad's friend did it for $10.

BigBearWest
03-18-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by brbHPR

69.99??? damn good deal!:thumbsup:
i also need one for the drivers side.
quick question. i got mine about 8 months ago, and the boot already ripped. i didn't notice until it started clicking:banghead: anyways, warranty doesn't cover if the axles break because of ripped boot right?

there is a life time warrenty on the boots, the axle is covered cause it is less then a year old. you must have a copy of invoice. if u don't have a copy of the invoice you will have to goto the store you bought it from and hope that they took your phone number when you bought it, to get a copy of the invoice.

eur0
03-18-2003, 12:06 PM
yea i picked one up from partsource yesturday, they had the best price around...crx guy, wanna hook me up with a cheap install :thumbsup: :D

CRXguy
03-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by tbk49
yea i picked one up from partsource yesturday, they had the best price around...crx guy, wanna hook me up with a cheap install :thumbsup: :D

dude, it's really easy when i read the "how-to." i think there's a link or two on honda-tech. i would've done it myself, but i dont have the time. :D