PDA

View Full Version : Jack Osbourne

Foz
03-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Wow, he really lost a lot of weight. Guess he's cleaning up on his old life of drugs and alcohol and laziness.

good job.

http://glamurama.ig.com.br/midias/0567001-0567500/567373.jpg

t-im
03-09-2006, 12:11 AM
yeah, he's been like that for awhile...pretty good if you ask me..

Jimmy99
03-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Haven't you guys seen that show on Much about him climbimg that huge mountain? I guess he was in Thailand kickboxing in one episode. I watched an episode where he was running with the bulls in Spain. :zzz:

cman
03-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Ya I saw the episode, went to Thailand for a few months (3 or 4 i think) and trained intense kick boxing, actually won his first and only match by first round KO, subsequently quit all alcohol and drugs.
Then went on to climb El Capitan in California (over 2900ft), which took 3 days.

DelSoln
03-09-2006, 02:08 AM
The show is called Jack Osbourne: Adrenaline Junkie.

7thgenvic
03-09-2006, 02:41 AM
i think its pretty good what he's doing with his life

TurboMedic
03-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by cman
Ya I saw the episode, went to Thailand for a few months (3 or 4 i think) and trained intense kick boxing, actually won his first and only match by first round KO, subsequently quit all alcohol and drugs.
Then went on to climb El Capitan in California (over 2900ft), which took 3 days.

The climb took over 5 days in the end.....I agree with the kudos on his transformation, I wish I had that kind of motivation.....

B17a
03-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
i think its pretty good what he's doing with his life

Yeah, and its not like he's trying to commericalize or profit from it either or anything.....:nut:

Ekliptix
03-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Wow that's awesome, I had no idea. His face looks totally different.

A_3
03-09-2006, 09:00 AM
I've watched the show a couple of times. He's kind of a whiney bitch at first. He sounds like a three year old complaining about everything. Later on though he turns out to be a pretty good guy. No one can take the fact away from him that he has a ton of motivation. Good on him, commerical success or not.

5hift
03-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by B17a

Yeah, and its not like he's trying to commericalize or profit from it either or anything.....:nut:

Think of it this way, would you rather him do this, or have a 'singing' career like his sister.

bigboom
03-09-2006, 09:08 AM
its great to see but then you think about how many people he has helping him acehive this goal and kick him in the ass. all the trainers, dieticians...it definetly makes a lot easier for him compared to us regular people.

B17a
03-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

Think of it this way, would you rather him do this, or have a 'singing' career like his sister.

Good point. Ideally I'd rather not have to see either of their ugly no-talent asses anywhere on TV.

5hift
03-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by B17a

Good point. Ideally I'd rather not have to see either of their ugly no-talent asses anywhere on TV.

Couldnt agree with you more. If its one thing I hate, its no talent punks riding their Dad's name into the ground. Both these kids would be working at McDonalds if it wasnt for their last name.

l8braker
03-09-2006, 10:30 AM
The mom is a greedy bitch. There was a story about her in Guitar World on how she was on the Ozzfest tour... :thumbsdow

Yeah, if I had a huge trust fund like Jack does and my folks told me to get my shit together in order to get it, you'd be your ass I would. :thumbsup:

Despair*
03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Not a bad show. I definately enjoyed watching some of the episodes when I got to see them on tv.

Originally posted by bigboom
its great to see but then you think about how many people he has helping him acehive this goal and kick him in the ass. all the trainers, dieticians...it definetly makes a lot easier for him compared to us regular people.

Definately agree with you there. Also he doesn't have a 8 - 5 job like most people.. He has nothing but time money and resources to help him achieve his goal. Much easier for him to concentrate on getting it down that someone else in his shoes.

rage2
03-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by l8braker
The mom is a greedy bitch. There was a story about her in Guitar World on how she was on the Ozzfest tour... :thumbsdow
If it wasn't for Sharon Osbourne Ozzy would be another burnt out junkie rocker. She's handles the entire family's management, brokers all the deals, ozzfest, the MTV shows, EVERYTHING to get them to where they are today.

mac_82
03-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by cman
Ya I saw the episode, went to Thailand for a few months (3 or 4 i think) and trained intense kick boxing, actually won his first and only match by first round KO

I was in Thailand when Osbourne was there. He trained for 3-4 weeks in Bangkok at the Fairtex camp. The guy that he ended up fighting was the oldest, fattest, washed up taxi driver they could find. I loved how Muchmusic and MTV reported at the time that Jack had beaten a Thai champion in the ring, gimme a break. :rolleyes: I went to the Thai fights every week when I was in Thailand, I saw 6 year old kids that could kick his ass.

rage2
03-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by mac_82
I was in Thailand when Osbourne was there. He trained for 3-4 weeks in Bangkok at the Fairtex camp. The guy that he ended up fighting was the oldest, fattest, washed up taxi driver they could find. I loved how Muchmusic and MTV reported at the time that Jack had beaten a Thai champion in the ring, gimme a break. :rolleyes: I went to the Thai fights every week when I was in Thailand, I saw 6 year old kids that could kick his ass.
Wow. Did you just realize reality TV isn't actually real??? :rofl:

mac_82
03-09-2006, 10:59 AM
No man I work in the TV industry, trust me, I know reality TV isn't real. I just couldn't believe the hype he got for beating a 40 year old taxi driver. I tried looking for the old online articles about it from a year ago but no luck...

Foz
03-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by DelSoln
The show is called Jack Osbourne: Adrenaline Junkie.

We need a show called

Beyond Members: Car Forum Junkies

/////AMG
03-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by rage2

If it wasn't for Sharon Osbourne Ozzy would be another burnt out junkie rocker. She's handles the entire family's management, brokers all the deals, ozzfest, the MTV shows, EVERYTHING to get them to where they are today.

:werd: I agree, shes his life line. She also does her own shit like X-Factor (UK type Americna Idol).

ProjectR
03-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by mac_82
No man I work in the TV industry, trust me, I know reality TV isn't real. I just couldn't believe the hype he got for beating a 40 year old taxi driver. I tried looking for the old online articles about it from a year ago but no luck...

:werd: Think about it...jack has like 3 months max experience in kickboxing against a guy that's probably been training (though probably not hard) for at least a couple years...IMO i think the guy threw the fight. jack knocked him out! :rofl: i guess money can buy dignity too haha.

nonlinear
03-09-2006, 05:49 PM
is that pic real?

ProjectR
03-09-2006, 05:50 PM
^^ actually now that i think about it...it looks photoshoped, he's lost alot of weight but i don't think he's that skinny :dunno:

Foz
03-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Picture looks pretty real..
http://climbing.com/above/osbourne-summit-elcap.jpg

Foz
03-09-2006, 06:19 PM
He's 5 ft 8 and weighed 231 and lost 70 lbs to 161 lbs.

I gotta climb a mountain..

///|ndy
03-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Foz
Picture looks pretty real..

:werd:
Saw some of the series, his body went through a ridiculous transformation. Pretty impressive.

mac_82
03-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ProjectR

:werd: Think about it...jack has like 3 months max experience in kickboxing against a guy that's probably been training (though probably not hard) for at least a couple years...IMO i think the guy threw the fight. jack knocked him out! :rofl: i guess money can buy dignity too haha.

I actually watched the episode where he fought the thai guy, I was interested in actually seeing the fight. Usually there are 11-12 fights on one card in a night. The main fights of the night are 9-10, with 11-12 being Western guys who fight thai guys for their first fights and havent fought before. I found it quite funny that the reality tv show 'claimed' Jack's fight was the 'main' event of the night when he was the last fight of the night, or the rookie fight.

Also, what the thai promoters do typically is find a thai guy who will take a fall against a westerner. Someone who isn't a good fighter, but knows the basics, can last a round or two, and when the time comes he takes a dive for the 'ko', and pockets a couple bucks.

capn_nobeard
03-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Thats a real picture from the top, it was in a volume of climbing a couple of months back.

The climb itself was pretty impressive because of how long it was, and i have to give him credit for that. Also its a pretty complex ordeal to big wall climb, rope management, gear placements, and the list goes on. Also pretty impressive he made the jump from sport climbing (pre-drilled expansion bolts capable of holding upwards of 24Kn) to Trad (Traditional Climbing, placing protection such as cams and nuts and other stoppers).

On the other hand, the route he did was the original Salathe Wall of El Cap, Which can goes at 5.9, not all that impressive of a grade. Also out of the 35 pitches that were climbed (lengths of rope before switching from climber to belay) he only lead 5. But that is on trad gear, and anyone who is on trad gear after 6 months is motivated... really motivated.

nusneak
03-10-2006, 05:22 AM
Are you serious that chunky shit lost weight and did something? :clap: Amazing

Fat people seriously make me disgustingly sick with their lazyness and eating enough for 12 people.

B17a
03-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by nusneak

Fat people seriously make me disgustingly sick with their lazyness and eating enough for 12 people.

Sorry we can't all have perfect bodies like nusneak.:banghead:

Foz
03-10-2006, 10:31 AM
The one that is making a lot of $$$ out of it is Kirstie Alley..

she's HUGE!! and that Jenny's weight loss :bullshit: she's doing..

I laughed when I saw one of the advertisements and it had a small print stating that "results shown are not average".

:rofl:

D. Dub
03-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by nusneak

I don't know, I'm more annoyed by self righteous "perfect people"

nusneak
03-13-2006, 04:02 AM
I dont recall me saying I was perfect anywhere, but when I see him on tv in a limo eating mcdonalds and being well overweight, I think I can safely call him a chunky shit