PDA

View Full Version : EBay chip for 92-95 civic? Headers?

TurboMedic
03-09-2006, 07:48 AM
I know, it sounds bad.....But I'm curious, for what its worth does anyone think this is a scam? My 94 civic is a little dull, and I have no problem socketing a chip myself.....would this be a noticeable increase in power? I've never chipped an N/A vehicle before, just my VW, but its turbo so it really hauls ass for little investment...

Here's the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SPOON-ECU-CHIP-92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-DX-LX-P06-D15B-ENGINE_W0QQitemZ8043713107QQcategoryZ33597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, the headers are really cheap, I'm sure you get what you pay for but I just want to hear if anyone has had any experiences with headers off of Ebay....

opinions, thoughts, critisisms, its all good...

MIWYFSHOTTER
03-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Those chips won't do junk for your car unfortunately and its "header" since you only need one. A nice header will make the engine louder. I doubt the gains will be very noticable though.

TurboMedic
03-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Yes, I meant header, I pluralized it due to the fact that I was looking at a number of different kinds, ie: 4-2-1, 4-1, etc..... I guess that was my inner voice typing..... Thanks for the input, have you actually tried either of these, or are you voicing opinion? I agree chips don't do much for N/A's but they still sell for some reason...

CIVIC_MAN
03-09-2006, 12:17 PM
any header off ebay unless its something like a dc sports 4-1 will do nothing for you car. A header for under $350 is just for show. Don't waste your money on N/A for a civic. You wont be any faster. A header and exhaust will give you 6hp. 3whp, is that really worth all the money? :thumbsdow

bituerbo
03-09-2006, 08:19 PM
header + intake will allow the engine to breath better, I've seen +10whp on stock integra GS(never seen a civic before/after dyno'd with just those two mods)
Header or intake alone, the air or gasses still bottle neck at one end or the other.

lastprodigy
03-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by CIVIC_MAN
any header off ebay unless its something like a dc sports 4-1 will do nothing for you car. A header for under $350 is just for show. Don't waste your money on N/A for a civic. You wont be any faster. A header and exhaust will give you 6hp. 3whp, is that really worth all the money? :thumbsdow

umm are you a douchbag?:confused: most headers are the same and they dont give much power anyways. A Ractive header wont be much different than DC, on the contrary of what you said.

Weapon_R
03-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Neither will net you anything worth paying for.

gpomp
03-09-2006, 08:50 PM
but they look really cool.

CIVIC_MAN
03-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by lastprodigy

umm are you a douchbag?:confused: most headers are the same and they dont give much power anyways. A Ractive header wont be much different than DC, on the contrary of what you said.

sorry bud ur wrong there, how can you say a $100 header off ebay yields the same gains as a high end header

the $100 ones off ebay are basically a no name brand, not even close to ractive

SP** Douche Bag

TurboMedic
03-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Well, in all reality, they are all just pipes.....I mean, the only time I think that brand name may matter is when you're dealing with equal length headers....otherwise yeah.....

I don't think you can talk about comparing the gains of an ebay header opposed to dc.....I do think you can compare general build quality like welds and finish though.... That will be the only difference between pricier and ebay non equal length headers...

CIVIC_MAN
03-10-2006, 04:47 PM
well then what makes the difference from stock to a performance header? same thing from cheap header to a good header

TurboMedic
03-10-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't think you understand.....a tube header will flow better than a stock manifold, granted the inside diameter of the tubes is greater than the stock manifold.....

Anyhow, back to the topic, I'm looking for actual experiences, not opinion....

gpomp
03-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by TurboMedic
I'm looking for actual experiences, not opinion....

opinions, thoughts, critisisms, its all good...
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

CIVIC_MAN
03-10-2006, 06:15 PM
dont waste money on an n/a civic. thats all there is to say.

end of thread

TurboMedic
03-10-2006, 06:21 PM
you don't choose when to end my thread...

Mr_John
03-10-2006, 06:36 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CIVIC_MAN
03-10-2006, 07:03 PM

LOL:guns: