PDA

View Full Version : del sol maybe??

CRX crazy
03-17-2003, 01:33 AM
Okay, when i first wanted to buy a car i wanted a del sol, but being the poor student i couldn't afford one so i settled for a crx (my baby that i love to peices). But now i have found a del sol and am thinking of buying it. who on here has a del sol or has an opinion on them?? fill me in plz :dunno:

eur0
03-17-2003, 02:24 AM
haha ditto, im a poor student (same old story) i wanted an integra or delsol but couldnt afford it so I just settled for my civic hb...Personally I really like em, I hear theyre not that great of a ride but I think they would be perfect for summer and can look so pimp.

If the price is right go for it!...I wouldnt pay more than 7 grand unless its in great condition.

AzN_SoL
03-17-2003, 02:48 AM
i gots one... love it... kinda slow ass.. but.. meh.. still fun... oh yea.. i suggest a 95+ with the b16.. dont settle for a d16 like i did... meh.. nothing a swap cant fix.. heh .. good luck with the sol.. oh yea .. chicks dig it.. hah ..

Daddymax
03-17-2003, 03:05 AM
she is a chick.....

James
03-17-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by tbk49
Personally I really like em, I hear theyre not that great of a ride but I think they would be perfect for summer and can look so pimp.

:werd:...last May i test drove one, and really liked it, had a Fair bit of pep (B16A), Nice Interior, removable roof was cool...It was a pretty good Deal, only had 80,000km, and alot of extra's( 17" wheels, Stereo) but i just didnt want to Spend $13,000 on a car at the time and i didnt want to drive it in the winter, plus the 2-Seater thing pushed me away from it, and it didnt suit me AT ALL :tongue: .....so then i went and bought an MR2:nut:...If thats what you wanted in the first place before you bought the CRX, and have the chance to pick one up, id say go for it :thumbsup:

rsxrsx
03-17-2003, 09:06 AM
yeah, my brother has one, sweet ride, my opinion is get one if you can find one, good luck:thumbsup:

Cryofuzion
03-17-2003, 03:03 PM
For the price you would pay nowadays for a Del Sol, you could have a much better car. Honda/Acura is an excellent car make, but they don't have enough power, nor leg room, for my liking.

You could buy an old Fiero, or even an old 300ZX, for the price of a little ass 160 HP r!ce rocket.

Cryofuzion
03-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by rsxrsx
yeah, my brother has one, sweet ride, my opinion is get one if you can find one, good luck:thumbsup:

You act like they are rare.

No Honda is rare, ever. The only car I would consider rare, made by Honda, is the Honda S500 or S600, which haven't been produced in over 20 years.

rsxrsx
03-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Cryofuzion

You act like they are rare.

No Honda is rare, ever. The only car I would consider rare, made by Honda, is the Honda S500 or S600, which haven't been produced in over 20 years.

No did not imply or say they are rare at all. All I was trying to say is finding a del sol for the right price, not too many km's on it, and good shape is worth it to buy, cause they are real nice.

That is all.

Sorry, if i confused you, but that was not my intention at all.

Cryofuzion
03-17-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by rsxrsx

No did not imply or say they are rare at all. All I was trying to say is finding a del sol for the right price, not too many km's on it, and good shape is worth it to buy, cause they are real nice.

That is all.

Sorry, if i confused you, but that was not my intention at all.

From the way the post sounded, it sounded like you were saying they are hard to find. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

Yes, there are some nice Del Sol's around, but most of the r!cers have decided to change the engine around and fuck them up. CRX Crazy, if you're going to buy a Del Sol, find out who the owner was and get the engine checked.

Either way, if you will have one passenger, that may be the car to get, but if you have a life and friends, don't go that way. Of course, you already have a CRX, so that tells you something. ;)

rsxrsx
03-17-2003, 06:54 PM

From the way the post sounded, it sounded like you were saying they are hard to find. Sorry for misunderstanding you.

No problem, aslong as we got that all settle. :thumbsup:

szw
03-17-2003, 09:24 PM

Yes, there are some nice Del Sol's around, but most of the r!cers have decided to change the engine around and fuck them up.

Yup, engine swaps are number 1 mods with the ricers! haha

Anyways I like del sol's...kind of a chick's car (which is okay in this case) but I'd still roll it.

jaylo
03-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Honda civic del sol's are a nice car when done up, vtec models have b16a3 on them so it's not that bad, plus it's something different and girls love them.

And it is NOT a chick car. Go to www.teamdelsol.com see how many guys own it compared to girls. There is no such thing as a girl car.

FiveFreshFish
03-17-2003, 11:02 PM
...The only car I would consider rare, made by Honda, is the Honda S500 or S600, which haven't been produced in over 20 years.

Glad someone remembers these rare gems. Actually, they haven't been produced since the mid-60s.

http://www.hondabeat.com/hbeat/history.cfm

szw
03-17-2003, 11:02 PM
just cuz a lot of guys own it doesn't mean its not a chick car...heh heh heh

B18C
03-17-2003, 11:40 PM
My friend used to have a B16 Del Sol. It was an awesome car. I really liked it and I know that he loved it. It was definitely a fun car.

It actually is pretty tough to find a good deal on B16 Del Sol's. I don't think they actually sold too many of them in the first place. Most of the ones that you do find on sale are for waaay too much.

Importz
03-18-2003, 12:43 AM
Del Sol is a chik magnet!!!:poosie:

CRX crazy
03-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Daddymax
she is a chick.....

Just to clear things up guys i think you should read what max wrote again...... he he it's ok though thanks for the input:thumbsup:

Fuji
03-18-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by CRX crazy

Just to clear things up guys i think you should read what max wrote again...... he he it's ok though thanks for the input:thumbsup:

I think a Del sol is cool. It is even better when a girl owns it. I also think girls should drive preludes.... IT seems to match :)

RiceCake
03-18-2003, 03:30 AM

Either way, if you will have one passenger, that may be the car to get, but if you have a life and friends, don't go that way. Of course, you already have a CRX, so that tells you something. ;)

Wow so someone who drives a bus must have a sh!tload of friend's:rolleyes:

buh_buh
03-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Fuji
I also think girls should drive preludes.... IT seems to match :) SHUT UP!:D

GTS Jeff
03-18-2003, 10:47 AM
personally, i really dislike the del sols. the del sol was meant to be the replacement for the crx, but honda botched it up horribly. the 1st and 2nd gen crxs were a HUGE success for honda while the del slows were a total failure. why do u think honda doesnt make them anymore?

ive also heard over and over again from the serious racers that the del sol is NOT a good auto-x car without extensive work. the problem lies in the fact that the chassis is extremely weak and fragile. basically, honda took an eg civic and cut the top off - voila - del sol. the cars are also pretty heavy compared to crxs. 2500lbs vs 2100. so yea, a crx si would still outrun all but the b16 del sol. if it were up to me, i would put all my money into the rex.

Originally posted by jaylo
Honda civic del sol's are a nice car when done up, vtec models have b16a3 on them so it's not that bad, plus it's something different and girls love them.

And it is NOT a chick car. Go to www.teamdelsol.com see how many guys own it compared to girls. There is no such thing as a girl car. DUDE its a chick car.

Originally posted by RiceCake

Wow so someone who drives a bus must have a sh!tload of friend's:rolleyes:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Daddymax
03-18-2003, 01:16 PM
a stock crx si would not ou run a b16a del sol. I know this. when I had my ZC in my crx I had good races will del sol's. But then I got the B16a they weren't that close anymore. But I think a b16a del sol would beat teh crx.

cipher
03-18-2003, 02:31 PM
i'd invest all the money into the rex. i just got my crx, and i love it. but if you test drove the del sol, and you prefer it over the crx, than thats up to you. del sols arent bad cars. i'm just a huge fan of the crx.

buh_buh
03-18-2003, 02:36 PM
a stock crx si would not ou run a b16a del sol. I know this. when I had my ZC in my crx I had good races will del sol's. But then I got the B16a they weren't that close anymore. But I think a b16a del sol would beat teh crx. i dunno man, i think its ALL driver. When I used to "drive around" with CRXguy, he used to be able to keep up or stay ahead of me until at least 3rd gear. That's when I just destroy him hahaha. I've never raced a b16 del sol, but I've beaten 1 or 2 SiR's by more than what I beat CRXguy by. But like I said, its all driver.

Altezza
03-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by jaylo
And it is NOT a chick car. Go to www.teamdelsol.com see how many guys own it compared to girls. There is no such thing as a girl car.

Honda's intended buyer for the del sol was the female demographic in the 16-25 age-group. It just so happens that a lot of guys picked it up. Same thing with the Integra - Honda/Acura originally anticipated that its main buyers would be women in the 25-30 age group. Guys snatched up these cars like crazy too. Not that it's a big deal or anything.

Daddymax
03-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Yea I guess it might be all driver, but I have raced both, and del sol vtec's seem to be faster. Not by too much but definetely faster.

buh_buh
03-18-2003, 03:04 PM
Yea I guess it might be all driver, but I have raced both, and del sol vtec's seem to be faster. Not by too much but definetely faster. yeah, car for car. B16 del sol is DEFINATELY faster, but it totally depends on the driver.

Voodoo Child
03-18-2003, 03:45 PM
I think we should start a "Sweet Del Sol Pics" thread....I'd love to see a few pimped out rides!

GTS Jeff
03-18-2003, 03:57 PM
a stock crx si would not ou run a b16a del sol. thats what i said man...

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
a crx si would still outrun all but the b16 del sol.

CRXguy
03-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
i dunno man, i think its ALL driver. When I used to "drive around" with CRXguy, he used to be able to keep up or stay ahead of me until at least 3rd gear. That's when I just destroy him hahaha. I've never raced a b16 del sol, but I've beaten 1 or 2 SiR's by more than what I beat CRXguy by. But like I said, its all driver.

Screw you and your 3rd gear bee-yotch!:poosie:

jaylo
03-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo Child
I think we should start a "Sweet Del Sol Pics" thread....I'd love to see a few pimped out rides!

here you go Natey
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=184897#post184897

air_mikey
03-19-2003, 12:15 AM
i own a b16a del sol and it is the best. although i need to install my new clutch but still, its sweet. its pretty quick too. well last i remember when i had a good clutch. i got it to go 220km/hr at 7800 rmp. so sweet. and when the top is off, and the weather is nice, its the BEST!!

air_mikey
03-19-2003, 12:16 AM
btw, anyone on here that knows how to installl clutches want to install mine for cheap?