PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 Launch FS in the marketplace forum?

static.b
03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know, how was the xbox 360 launch here in the market place? Did alot of people sell units here, and if so did they sell well?

rage2
03-09-2006, 12:08 PM
The reasonably priced ones sold fairly quick. $100-$150 over list. There were a few people asking double money as a joke I think and those never sold.

The shortage was never really an issue if you had a car and could drive around. I walked into Future Shop a few days after launch date and picked one up at retail price.

Xtrema
03-09-2006, 12:19 PM
shortage isn't as big of a problem any more. Northland Wal-Mart has a bunch of premium last week for $497.

googe
03-09-2006, 12:39 PM
I had a few listed at high prices on here and on ebay. Didnt sell anything on here, but didnt expect to. Did good on ebay.

BS about the shortage never being an issue though :) No one in the city had premiums for more than 10 minutes for the longest time. I know people that called every store in the city a lot.

Xtrema
03-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by googe
BS about the shortage never being an issue though :) No one in the city had premiums for more than 10 minutes for the longest time. I know people that called every store in the city a lot.

Really? Shit, should have clear Wal-Mart out and make some $$$.

I didn't see poeple trampling each other for one so I assume supply is ok.

googe
03-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Really? Shit, should have clear Wal-Mart out and make some $$$.

I didn't see poeple trampling each other for one so I assume supply is ok.

I dont mean now. Its not hard to get one anymore. All the walmarts in the city were sold out several hours before the stores opened though.