PDA

View Full Version : Best place to sell used games in 403?

Foz
03-09-2006, 07:39 PM
What's the best place (store) you guys recommend to sell used games to in Calgary?

I'm looking to sell some used PC games.

Thaco
03-09-2006, 07:51 PM
ebay is probably your best bet, unless you're really stuck on selling locally, then i might say post on some forums, last resort take them a pawn shop... there isn't much of a mrket for used PC games because by the time you wanna sell them, everybody that was interested already has a pirated version.

Bill Cosby
03-09-2006, 07:55 PM
man if you were trading in games i would definetly say blockbuster they give a minimum of $8 per game and $5 per dvd

anyways

try videogame trader for your pc games,

Azn_Rice_Man
03-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Hell no! Video Game Traders suck ass! They give you next to nothing on your games (not even cash, btw) and then jack up their games so frickin much that you're better off buying that new game else where without the trade-in! That place is a rip-off and they don't care... They'd rather have a huge inventory than satisfied customers who purchase the product.

I'd say EBgames are more reasonable than those guys are... At least they don't gauge you on the new game (in comparison).

ca2p3r
03-10-2006, 01:05 PM
EBGames sucks shit...

I purchased a used game (The Warriors) , went home... plugged it in, and my ps2 slim wouldn't read the game.

went back the SAME day
and he gave me store credit which was 30$ under what i had originally paid for the game
claimed "it was the best he could do"

:thumbsdow :guns:

GQBalla
03-10-2006, 01:51 PM
really?^^^

well he scammed you for sure!

back on topic ebay or beyond would be the best bet.

Rocky
03-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cosby
man if you were trading in games i would definetly say blockbuster they give a minimum of $8 per game and $5 per dvd

anyways

try videogame trader for your pc games,
Blockbuster doesn't do minimum $8 per game anymore... plus they only take in games they can possibly resell.

Pawn shop is your best bet for PC games, especially if they're older. Otherwise, EB is probably your best bet, or just forums, as mentioned by others.

EBGames sucks shit...

I purchased a used game (The Warriors) , went home... plugged it in, and my ps2 slim wouldn't read the game.

went back the SAME day
and he gave me store credit which was 30$ under what i had originally paid for the game
Which EB?

ca2p3r
03-10-2006, 03:45 PM
chinook center

Azn_Rice_Man
03-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
EBGames sucks shit...

went back the SAME day

:thumbsdow :guns:

What da hell? That's bullshit! Did you have a receipt with you? I've actually had that happen to me before with a PS2 game, and it just didn't work, so I went back to get another copy... Just a straight swap, nothing more... They can't sell you a defective game and charge you for it... However, their store policy is to only do a straight swap for the same game if it's been opened (as with all places these days), if available, but if not, they'll give you the full amount back in store credit or return your original form of payment.

You should bring it up to a store manager and make a scene! LOL!