PDA

View Full Version : WTB cheap older import pickup

kevie88
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
Hey everybody, I'm looking for an inexpensive (read < $2000) pickup truck for a bike hauler for this race season. I do need it to be somewhat reliable and cheaper on fuel, so I'll only consider imports. I'd like something like a 85-92ish, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda or something like that. 2x4 longboxes will be given the most consideration.

Would prefer it to run good, but I am VERY mechanically inclined and can fix just about anything so mechanic work is no problem if it's cheap. Rust doesn't concern me too much as long as the cab is airtight haha :rofl:

Post 'em if you got 'em!

kevie88
03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Yoink

z1_bam
03-16-2006, 10:20 PM
i'll keep an eye out for something but if its just a hauler and you're going to be doing any overnights then look at a fullsize van.

we had a vandura/safari thing, it would fit 2 dirtbikes (bars off) or 1 streetbike and panel sides are a bonus as your stuff is out of sight out of mind. fuel economy isn't the greatest but when they're loaded up we were getting about the same mileage as the mini trucks (mind you we threw in 2.73 gears in the rear)