PDA

View Full Version : system setup

Beano
03-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi im going to be getting some one to install the following items into my 03 GR Caravan Sport.I cant do it my self im a quadriplegic. So any advise welcome I was thinking of putting a amp but im not sure do you think a 4ch will be needed I cant put a sub I need the room for my wheelchair. Do you think a amp will add more bass.?If so what size amp?Ive got a older 4ch kenwood I believe its 50x4 All advise welcome.

Pioneer Premier DEH-P580MP CD/MP3 player
Infinity Kappa 2way 5.1/4s 55rms(dash)
Infinity Kappa 3way 6.1/2s 75rms(door)
Infinity Kappa 3way 6x9s 110rms(rear)system set up

SWX
03-10-2006, 02:29 PM
First off nice deck choice. Next an amp will help, but a sub would be the way to go, if i was you i would head to a good shop (Car Salon) and talk to them about putting in a sub, if they can probley find a place that will not be in the way. If there is absolutly no way of putting in a sub you should look at sound damping the doors, this will seal the door and help a lot with the bass.

Beano
03-10-2006, 03:00 PM
How does this sound speakers hooked to the head unit and a 10" 400 watt amplified pyle bass tube hooked to the sub jacks on the head unit.That way I can move the sub around..Do you think the head unit can power the speakers enough?

SWX
03-10-2006, 08:28 PM
^^^ speakers will always sound better on a Amp, it all depends what you are looking for. If that is the equipment you have i would run the speakers for now off the deck, but get an amp when you can on them and run the amplified bass tube off the sub out RCA's on the deck. the one thingi would do though would be to dampen the doors.