PDA

View Full Version : Going for testing at Telus.

thetrousertrout
03-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Basically, applied for a job at Telus as a call center agent. Got an email back from them asking for me to come in for some testing....

I got no idea what to expect, so I am askin for advice from anyone who has gone thru Telus testing to offer up some hints on what all will be involved.

thanks in advance,
Chris

handsomebassman
03-10-2006, 09:56 PM
two words. anal lube.

thetrousertrout
03-10-2006, 09:57 PM
honestly, i really don't give a shit right now. Tired of breaking my back for a shit wage. If i just have to take shit from customers and try and fix thier problems over the phone, I am in.

jdmakkord
03-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Initial testing is just to weed out people with behavioral issues. Basically, if you are a thief, psychopath, or rapist, you fail. Then again, when I worked there, enough of the above made it past testing:D

Godfuader
03-10-2006, 11:06 PM
From what i remember, it was like a 3 hour test where they make you do everything from comprehension, psychology, behavioural, completion...basically everything short of a physical. Sit next to a cute chick cuz you will need a friend to live thru 3 hours of BS.

keith303
03-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Tired of breaking my back for a shit wage. If i just have to take shit from customers and try and fix thier problems over the phone, I am in.

So what if you have to work harder at another job and do physical work, atleast at the end of the day you know your better for it.

Not to mention gaining skills that will make you a more usefull person for the rest of your life, whats a call center agent going todo for you, make you better at answering phones?

Hollywood
03-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by keith303

So what if you have to work harder at another job and do physical work, atleast at the end of the day you know your better for it.

Not to mention gaining skills that will make you a more usefull person for the rest of your life, whats a call center agent going todo for you, make you better at answering phones?

Ouch!:whipped:

But really we all need to do jobs that make the world go round, got to look at the bigger picture.

thetrousertrout
03-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by keith303

WTF dude? I have been doing physical work, HARD physical work for the past 14 years. If you want to do that, fine, but I for one would like to give my body a break, and still be able to be physically active with my kids. unless you know me, STFU, and take that holier than thou BS home with you.

If I get a job at Telus, I would be farther ahead than I am right now. Better wage, don't have to wreck my body, and any kind of benefits are better than the ones I am getting now, which is nothing.

EG_Civic
03-12-2006, 10:00 PM
it will test u on the following

1. english

2. matching shapes

3. free bunny

4. 5 exams

thetrousertrout
03-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by EG_Civic
it will test u on the following

1. english

2. matching shapes

3. free bunny

4. 5 exams

care to give me a clue as to what the exams are, and what they are about?

slick2404
03-15-2006, 05:37 PM
think of an IQ test, then a 300000000 question Multiplechoice to top it off, stupid questions like " do you spit on the sidewalk " is your father your idol" " If you could rob a bank, being sure you wouldn get caught would you do it "

I would do the futureshop online interview to get a good grip on how messed the questions are....then i again i fluked out and go the job both places.

Thank god shaw isnt as intense

Hash_man
03-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Telus used to do the long ass iq and whatnot tests, but when I went for my call center testing I sat at a computer with a headset on, and answered questions and such, and copied what was said over the headphones.

It was pretty easy as long as you can type and understand english lol.

EG_Civic
03-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by thetrousertrout

care to give me a clue as to what the exams are, and what they are about?

matching shapes.. basically which one looks totally different from others.. or looking for patterns.. just know big words for the english part haha.. kinda forgot the rest

kaput
03-15-2006, 09:41 PM

EG_Civic
03-15-2006, 09:45 PM
i mean anyone can apply.. no need a diploma and u will get like $30 bucks an hour

Bill Cosby
03-16-2006, 01:42 PM
$30/hour????

WDFFFFFFFFF

Doseone
03-16-2006, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know what $$ you start at in the call center? I just got the same email this afternoon.

rony_espana
03-16-2006, 04:25 PM
$30/hour :confused:

dansmith11
03-16-2006, 04:33 PM
last i heard it was 17 or 18/hour.

no way its 30, thats just retarded.

HuMz
03-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana

You won't make that much at the call centre, you will need some kind of diploma or experience to make that kinda money anywhere in telus..........of course there is alway's exception's.

Orbie
03-16-2006, 04:46 PM
I have a few friends that used to work at Telus call centre it definitely was not $30/hr. If it was no one would ever have the desire to leave, everyone I know that worked call centre has gone on because of career path and pay! From what I was told it was in the 18-19/hr ballpark, which made it fantastic for people just looking for a quick job since anybody with decent people skills and a decent aptitude to learn can qualify for call centre.

chong_wallace
03-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana

i made about 30 an hour when i was working at telus,
they had an outbound channel and that was average since it was base pay (13/hr + commision)...

but since the strike they've been restructuring so that there's not really any commission, just 'incentive', maybe an extra 1-2$/hr. So it's not likely you're going to see 30$/hr anymore.

jdmakkord
03-16-2006, 06:28 PM
When I worked there, in a 4 hour shift, I could hit 70-100 in commission, plus base pay. If memory serves me right, base was $9.75, so 130ish a day on a good one=32.50/hr

Bill Cosby
03-17-2006, 10:35 AM
man if you worked for $30/hour for 37.5/week youde be making upwards $50,000 gross, in a call centre?.. thats fucking nuts

topmade
03-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Telus is something like 17$/hr, I had a interview a while back.
mostly what would you do if...............? kinda questions.

Like how would you handle this situation: Client calls in and starts swearing blah blah blah
A) tell them to fuck off
B) hang up on them
c) forward them to your manager
d) tell them you'll call them back.

Was a while back so can't really remember anything other than that.

Good luck