PDA

View Full Version : Riding Season Approaching

5hift
03-11-2006, 10:19 AM
With another riding season approaching, I wanted to get my bike all ready to go now, so I dont spend the first few nice spring days in my garage trying to put my bike together.

What I need is frame sliders, front turn signals and possibly an alarm.

I looked online at a few stores, and on ebay, and for all the frame sliders they have, I would have to do some serious alterations and cutting etc to get them to mount properly. And for the front turn signals, I cant find the ones I want (ones that are flush with the body and dont stick out).

For the alarm, I'm not too sure about what type to get or if I should get one oppsed to the front brake lock that I keep hearing about. The one thing I was wondering about that, was most bike thefts involve the bike being loaded into a truck, so would purchasing something like that be kind of a waste compared to an actual alarm.

Any tips? Btw its for a 2003 Honda CBR 600RR

Civ2NR
03-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Are you sure you can't buy frame sliders for a popular bike like the CBR600RR that don't involve cutting?! Doesn't sound right to me.

I bought frame sliders for my 04 R1 at blackfoot for $60 (no cutting involved). Probably could have got them for a bit cheaper off ebay or somewhere else but at least then you know what you are getting before it arrives at your door. I also got a G-Force alarm for about $300 that I'm quite happy with...flashing lights, sensitive tilt sensor, siren, battery backup. They are easy to install on your own so don't let any of the shops talk you into 2 hours of labour for them to install it for you.

Can't comment on the turn signals though, I'm all stock so far.

Supa Dexta
03-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Get the cuts, no cuts suck in most cases... I just did my 05 r6 the other day, only takes 15-20 mins and thats taking your time, and measuring 5 times to be sure... I used 2wheeljunkies.com, its canadian, but you can use american sites as well if you like, just get them to ship it using usps to aviod brokerage fees.... ussuperbikes.com and kneedraggers.com are good I have found.. I was looking at this alarm the other day:
http://www.talonalarms.com/t2200/
doesn't seem too bad, but I put it off for now, so I can't comment directly on it...

Also, I don't mind the stock signals, with me wearing all black, and riding an all black bike, I'd rather have my signals seen, as most flushies can't be seen at all during the day...

2WheelnNfeelnIT
03-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, the best frame sliders require some drilling and cutting. Its not hard and cheap to get done. Worth every penny :thumbsup:
Frame sliders are a good investment. The ones that usually don't require drilling work with existing OEM bolts and will break off as soon as you go down.

P.S - What color's your Repli-Rocket anyway?

5hift
03-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by 2WheelnNfeelnIT
Yeah, the best frame sliders require some drilling and cutting. Its not hard and cheap to get done. Worth every penny :thumbsup:
Frame sliders are a good investment. The ones that usually don't require drilling work with existing OEM bolts and will break off as soon as you go down.

P.S - What color's your Repli-Rocket anyway?

Its Red.

I was looking at both the frame slider installation, as well as the installation of the alarm. I dont know if I would be comfortable drilling holes in my handlebars myself for the alarm. If I took it to some place like Blackfoot to get done I know they will rape me with charges, does everyone do these installs themself?

danno
03-16-2006, 08:06 PM
i've got a few adjustments to make to the bike at the beginning of this season. but i'll be riding as soon as it get's 5 degrees and up

danno
03-27-2006, 06:09 PM
taking my bike in for a service this week, stupid blackfoot and their crappy service don't get to work on my bike. haha
going to GW, buying a k and n air filter too. any ideas how good they are??

Supa Dexta
03-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Just went to okotoks and back after work today for a rip, little chilly but not bad.... Ordered new exhaust yesterday, installed damper last weekend, frame sliders a few weeks back.. Cost more when it's just sitting here than when I ride it.... :poosie:

danno
03-27-2006, 08:36 PM
yea i had to go as well, washed her up. it was a little cold but it feels nice so good to be back. i'm really interested if this filter will make some noise, i don't have a aftermarket muffler yet.

endo
03-27-2006, 11:47 PM
K&N's are awesome...we just put a K&N intake and a hindle slipon and PCII USB onto an F4i at the shop...I can't remember what it dyno'd at. Didn't do a lot powerwise but it really allowed us to get a wicked fuel curve out of it.

For the record, the frame sliders that use the spacers so you don't cut the fairing, suck. The mounts will break off quite easily. I've installed a couple sets of frame sliders onto CBR600RR's...it's not that bad. Looks clean if you do it right. Measure 843 times...then cut :D

danno
04-07-2006, 08:52 PM
got the k&n on no noise difference, but she still goes pretty good. i think some guys work at local shops i was hoping to get some prices on tires for my f4i the dunlop qualifers, and some battle axe's not sure which tire.

i got quotoed 414 for the dunlop and 320 for the battle axe thanks

Supa Dexta
04-08-2006, 08:29 AM
K&N's aren't well liked for r6's though, so do you homework on specific bikes before jumping on the k&n bandwagon.. People prefer the stock or a bmc race filter to get the job done...

danno
04-08-2006, 12:42 PM
bike is booked in for may 5th. woohoo
she's going to be all new again

Shaolin
04-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I think I made a real mistake last year selling my 03 600RR, because now that I see the bikes come out again I feel like I'm going to cry..

Maybe I'll buy myself a birthday present in May.. hmm..