PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Looking at a mercedes

cycosis
03-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Ok, so i found a 1989 mercedes benz 420 sel. just got a new paint job and interior is in pretty good shape. i ran the VIN # on it and it ahsnt had any accidents. only thing is its got 300,000+ kms on it. the guy offered to let a mechanic take a look at it and he sent it to LoneStar and they said the vehicule was in good shape. also, the guy who is selling it wants 3 1000$ cheques over the course of a year. should i take it? (im also used to buying lots of gas as it had a 4.2L V8 and i already have a 1968 imapla with a 327 V8 in it.)

Sharpie
03-11-2006, 04:23 PM
May I ask why he wants 3 $1000 dollar checks over a year?

cycosis
03-11-2006, 04:32 PM
its one of my dads suppliers through business and he knows its ahrd to come by cash in university so hes making it easier for me:D no shady deals for me

Mr.Burns
03-11-2006, 06:30 PM
300000 km is alot of kms, do u got ne pics ?

nismodrifter
03-11-2006, 07:09 PM
300k on a 420...ehh I personally wouldn't buy it.

The W126 will keep you busy repairing small shit forevar. It gets really annoying after a while. Small stuff just keeps breaking and breaking and breaking...never ended really. The w126 we used to have/I used to drive had 300K on it before we sold it. The only thing that was actually super reliable at that point was the engine. The amount of stuff that we replaced/repaired in the time we owned the car was just insane and if you don't have madd mechanic skills to be able to strip stuff down and fix it then you are going to get OWNEDDDDD big time buying parts (even used stuff is crazy expensive). One day the passenger side window stops working..couple days later one of the power seats stops working...and this car was babied/maintained like crazy from the time it was new.

Got pics of it? What color exterior and interior?

AllGoNoShow
03-11-2006, 07:15 PM
If the body is in ex. shape and you love the car then get it. if its just another car to you I would pass it up. Same thing kinda goes for my old E32 as nismo said.

Everything small will go and get to you, lots of tiny shit to fix and get done but you know what, if you love the car you put up with it. If its jsut a car to you then it becomes a hassle, I know tons of people who would have sold my car by now because of the little htings, but it keeps me busy and out of trouble and I love my baby so I don't mind working on it.

Got pics??

Terence
03-13-2006, 02:27 AM
if i were u , i wouldn't purchase a car that's got 300k on it, not even 180k, basically it ain't a vehicle no more, it is junk.
on top of that he wants 3000$ total, that's a ripped.
mercedez are nice, but never purchase one that's got more than 100k on it, pricy to fix, easily go up to 3 grand for minor repairs.

Good luck

t-im
03-13-2006, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Terence
if i were u , i wouldn't purchase a car that's got 300k on it, not even 180k, basically it ain't a vehicle no more, it is junk.
on top of that he wants 3000$ total, that's a ripped.
mercedez are nice, but never purchase one that's got more than 100k on it, pricy to fix, easily go up to 3 grand for minor repairs.

Good luck

Alot of people drive pretty decent cars with 180K plus on it, would you call their cars junk?..

My old W124 had nearly that many kms when I got rid of it, and it wasnt junk, nor did it need that much in 'minor repairs..'

Mercedes-Benz aren't cheap to repair under 100k either so I don't really see your point.

Originally posted by cycosis
Ok, so i found a 1989 mercedes benz 420 sel. just got a new paint job and interior is in pretty good shape. i ran the VIN # on it and it ahsnt had any accidents. only thing is its got 300,000+ kms on it. the guy offered to let a mechanic take a look at it and he sent it to LoneStar and they said the vehicule was in good shape. also, the guy who is selling it wants 3 1000$ cheques over the course of a year. should i take it? (im also used to buying lots of gas as it had a 4.2L V8 and i already have a 1968 imapla with a 327 V8 in it.)

If you are deadset on getting a W126 i'm sure you can find a pretty decent one with lower km's for not too much more then $3g if you wait...infact I know someone who may be selling one in the next couple of months.

Terence
03-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by t-im

Alot of people drive pretty decent cars with 180K plus on it, would you call their cars junk?..

My old W124 had nearly that many kms when I got rid of it, and it wasnt junk, nor did it need that much in 'minor repairs..'

Mercedes-Benz aren't cheap to repair under 100k either so I don't really see your point.

If you are deadset on getting a W126 i'm sure you can find a pretty decent one with lower km's for not too much more then $3g if you wait...infact I know someone who may be selling one in the next couple of months.

i dun see y people gotta start flame interferring others perspective. Since u don't get my point of the mercedez is pricy to fix over 100k, tells me that ur quite smart and must be driving a real decent ride huh!!!!!!!

t-im
03-13-2006, 03:53 AM

i dun see y people gotta start flame interferring others perspective.

:english: :rolleyes:
No one's flaming anyone here.

Since u don't get my point of the mercedez is pricy to fix over 100k, tells me that ur quite smart and must be driving a real decent ride huh!!!!!!!

More decent then your ride by far. Since you're so smart, you could start by spelling "Mercedez" properly.

cycosis
03-13-2006, 12:44 PM
yeah no pics yet. but i decided im gonna take it, when i get it april 2nd, ill post pics. i drove it this weekend and its pretty fun, engine starts with no issues whatsoever, body is in great shape and interior is mint, its a beige exterior and tan leather interior. i dunno, i figure ill keep it for the summer so it can act as a buffer car while i look for a more reliable one cause i want to keep the kms low on the impala. thx for the advice guys

nismodrifter
03-13-2006, 12:50 PM
its a beige exterior and tan leather interior.

parchment interior = :drool:

Welcome to club w126...now euro the shiz out of that thing.

Terence
03-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by t-im

:english: :rolleyes:
No one's flaming anyone here.

More decent then your ride by far. Since you're so smart, you could start by spelling "Mercedez" properly.

wt re u? 12? correcting my spelling? :whocares:
probabaly u've always being picked on back in high school
hahaaha............ u gotta grow up !!!!!

As to ur ride, i think u gotta buy 4 of ur rides to trade in the ONE that i'm drivng. u know like i said people's got different perspective, so if u really think u got a decent ride, i wouldn't say nth no more.

Terence
03-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Anyways, wt's ur face who's discussing a wtever point that u wanna prove. I got better things to do, going to school, ain't like u inteferring others perspective over beyond (or ever other sites)

time's really valuable to me (ain't like other people)
although i dunno u, wish u luck (SAY LESS, LISTEN MORE) if u follow this rule, u could achieve a huge accomplishment in ur later days.

t-im
03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
wt re u? 12? correcting my spelling? :whocares:
probabaly u've always being picked on back in high school
hahaaha............ u gotta grow up !!!!!

Well considering most of your posts are unreadable, I would consider spelling/grammar fairly important. :drama:

As to ur ride, i think u gotta buy 4 of ur rides to trade in the ONE that i'm drivng. u know like i said people's got different perspective, so if u really think u got a decent ride, i wouldn't say nth no more.

That's funny considering you have no idea what I drive, or have driven in the past - I like the logic + assumption you use towards me. Considering you made this post: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121520

It's more like you need 4 of your 'rides' to "trade in the one i'm driving"

Anyways, wt's ur face who's disccusting a wtever point that u wanna prove. I got better things to do, going to school, ain't like u inteferring others perspective over beyond (or ever other sites)

time's really valuable to me (ain't like other people)
although i dunno u, wish u luck (SAY LESS, LISTEN MORE) if u follow this rule, u could achieve a huge accomplishment in ur later days.

WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH you can't handle the fact that soemone had a different opinion then you? This is a forum, where people contribute, and say whatever they want.
And to your last sentence:
:rofl:
I ain't taking 'words of wisdom' from some random member who can't handle other peoples opinions and makes weird assumptions.

At this point, maybe you should listen to your own advice and stop talking out of your ass.

P.S. If you're so sure I drive a piece of shit car, maybe you should do some research first...

t-im
03-13-2006, 02:41 PM
yeah no pics yet. but i decided im gonna take it, when i get it april 2nd, ill post pics. i drove it this weekend and its pretty fun, engine starts with no issues whatsoever, body is in great shape and interior is mint, its a beige exterior and tan leather interior. i dunno, i figure ill keep it for the summer so it can act as a buffer car while i look for a more reliable one cause i want to keep the kms low on the impala. thx for the advice guys

Pimp man, as long as you enjoy the car and it doesn't fall apart on Deerfoot..sounds good to me!

W126 are classic! Parents had a 420 before also.

Beige interior???..how's the condition of the leather?!?!?!?

shirleytemple
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

shirleytemple
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

shirleytemple
03-13-2006, 07:04 PM

frostyda9
03-13-2006, 09:57 PM
I guarantee Terence sports the gangsta lean when he's driving :rofl: Just a feeling I get...

shirleytemple
03-14-2006, 01:56 AM
WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH you can't handle the fact that soemone had a different opinion then you? This is a forum, where people contribute, and say whatever they want.

whoever wrote this, gotta check his spelling