PDA

View Full Version : About to buy a 2006 Civic Sedan

Inferno_21
03-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey well me and my pops made a decision to go with a 2006 honda civic sedan lx, do you guys think this is a good choice?

We love the civic's new design, we like the fact its a Honda and know they make reiliable cars, the resale value is suppose to be real good also.

Also how much on the price do you think we should try to make the dealer come down? We know the asking price is always negotiable.

Thanks

C4S
03-11-2006, 07:26 PM
:dunno: their price is so good already ..

why wants negotiate?

handsomebassman
03-11-2006, 07:27 PM
I got a LX coupe, and i love it. They seem to be pretty firm on the prices of the 06's, so i wouldnt expect them to move down much. What colour combination did you choose?

Inferno_21
03-11-2006, 08:46 PM
We are looking at a Silver Sedan LX. As for the interior we did not really look at the options for that yet but the dealer has a silver LX in and if the interior color is nice we may as well get that one.

bassman did you negotiate at all or did you pay the set price?

Aleks
03-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Find out the dealer cost of the car. Negotiate UP from that not down from MSRP. If you do that they will tell you they make nothing on them which is BS. search online for dealer costs and with that you can save about a grand maybe on a car like civic.

Inferno_21
03-11-2006, 08:59 PM
We already talked to the dealer and we negotiated down from the price lol. The guy kept saying I wont make anything from the car if I go low as what you want. my dad wants it for 25k right on the dot for the LX, the msrp he told us was like $26, 300 or somthing and he said he cant go that low, but we know he is giving in to sell it for 25k.

So my question since I never bought a new car in my life, is getting the car down $1200 good or should I go for more?

handsomebassman
03-11-2006, 09:10 PM
pff, for how strickd they were when it was just released, id say thats a pretty good drop.

redblack
03-11-2006, 09:14 PM
1200 is not bad, try to get them to trow in some free stuff for the car.

Inferno_21
03-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by redblack
1200 is not bad, try to get them to trow in some free stuff for the car.

heh like what? I think we can get this dealer to give us more of a good deal, he seems like a reasonable guy even though my dad can be real difficult at times and I mean real difficult.

arian_ma
03-11-2006, 10:42 PM
lol, Juice em till there aint no more juice left eh?
:D

FiveFreshFish
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM
I drove a coworker's '06 sedan a few months ago and I can see why it will do well.

But personally, I wouldn't buy a car in its first production year, new or used.

Inferno_21
03-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I drove a coworker's '06 sedan a few months ago and I can see why it will do well.

But personally, I wouldn't buy a car in its first production year, new or used.

Ya I thought about that, but the problem is we need a new car now. The current hunk of junk we have will give out any day, we had to fix its radiator this week and it just has bounds of problems. So we really cant wait any longer, is there any problems known to the 06 civic yet?

The reason I want a Honda is because its a reliable brand, My dad wants a corolla but I dont like its exterior, too plain.

PaPa LuV
03-11-2006, 11:03 PM
The 2006 civic looks nice! Good luck with the purchase

Tripz
03-12-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Inferno_21

Ya I thought about that, but the problem is we need a new car now. The current hunk of junk we have will give out any day, we had to fix its radiator this week and it just has bounds of problems. So we really cant wait any longer, is there any problems known to the 06 civic yet?

The reason I want a Honda is because its a reliable brand, My dad wants a corolla but I dont like its exterior, too plain.

Here check this site out:

http://www.8thgencivic.com/honda-civic-forum/

and

http://www.8thgencivic.com/honda-civic-forum/697-recalls-tsbs-common-problems-8thgen-civic.html

Got a 2006 EX Sedan, so far we haven't had any issue with the car, it's fun to drive and handles very well.

the_ace
03-12-2006, 01:32 AM
goto highriver honda for the cheapest prices!!

Nova316
03-12-2006, 02:44 AM
1200 is a good drop.. but it could be better

Free stuff
Free oil changes / Wheel aligments / Wheel rotations
Anything a deal service does thats not covered in your warrenty
Its doable ;)
I think theres more to add to this list but thats all i can think of right now

FiveFreshFish
03-12-2006, 02:59 AM
Other stuff you can try get for free: floor mats, mud flaps, rust protection, 3M clear bra, emergency roadside kit, winter rims & tires, sunroof wind deflector, Honda F1 apparel, etc.

ZZT23
03-12-2006, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Nova316
1200 is a good drop.. but it could be better

Free stuff
Free oil changes / Wheel aligments / Wheel rotations
Anything a deal service does thats not covered in your warrenty
Its doable ;)
I think theres more to add to this list but thats all i can think of right now

Other stuff you can try get for free: floor mats, mud flaps, rust protection, 3M clear bra, emergency roadside kit, winter rims & tires, sunroof wind deflector, Honda F1 apparel, etc.

:eek:

WOW thats a LOT to ask for!! I wonder how you make them give you guys so much extras. My dealership didn't give me any freebies when I got my new car from them.:thumbsdow

FiveFreshFish
03-12-2006, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by ZZT23

:eek:

WOW thats a LOT to ask for!! I wonder how you make them give you guys so much extras. My dealership didn't give me any freebies when I got my new car from them.:thumbsdow

He won't get all of the items listed. Might get a couple of things depending on their value.

Inferno_21
03-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Well guys I have a big dilemma, we just saw a used 2003 accord and I am like 50/50 on which one to get.

The used 2003 accord ex-l is the same price and is fully loaded, has leather interior, sunroof, tinted windows and 59 thousand clicks.

The 2006 Civic we are looking to buy is a LX sedan as I said before.

anyway here are pics of both, I just need some opinnions it would really help.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/Inferno_22/IMG_0333.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/Inferno_22/IMG_0334.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/Inferno_22/IMG_0340.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/Inferno_22/IMG_0338.jpg

redevil
03-12-2006, 04:30 PM
Inferno_21

You should look at my car! 02 TL lower km then the Accord, and with oem HID's! You can always ship it out to TO. It is a local Alberta car so not as much salt at down east. Let me know

Sorry for going off topic

darkbanana
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too bad he's in Toronto....

C4S
03-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Oh .. Toronto .. that is why .. he got that much discount ...

for a $25K civic .. only app. $2000-2200 mark up .. if take $1200 off .. they only make $1000 .. so .. there is no reason for Honda dealership to do it .. when they can sell all silver civic now .... especially after autoshow here ..

If wait for few more month ... u may get more discount ... however, for spending that much time, to save few more hundred or just a grand .. not worth ... :)

Azncowboy
03-13-2006, 03:43 PM
just sold my mom a civic dx-g 4dr auto in black, she didn't save very much money, if you can get discount on the civics it's a good deal

CKY
03-14-2006, 01:59 AM
Really don't think you can get anything off this car. This is pretty much comparing to people trying to get a discount on the Mazda3 when it came out last year. New entry level vehicles from reliable Japanese manufacturers don't usually go down very much in pricing. IMO I think you're better off talking them into adding things for your car, like the things listed from above posts.

Aleks
03-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Yeah just wait a few months and see what happens. Remember the Miata? or the PT cruiser when they came out? People paid over MSRP to get one and a year later they regreted it. Market place won't care that you paid full MSRP on your civic a few years later when it's time to trade it in or sell it. Look up the dealer cost of the car once the Hype dies down and negotiate UP from there ;)

Or just buy that nice Accord classy and good looking car.

Xtrema
03-14-2006, 05:30 PM
$1200 is a good drop for this car. I can tell you right now that if you choose the coupe, you'll be lucky with $700 off.

Dealer make about $1500 for Civic, a bit more for more expensive models. For $1200 off for a 1st model year car is excellent.

As for the 03 Accord, i won't even consider it since it's pass the warranty period for the same price and it's kinda ugly.

lastprodigy
03-14-2006, 06:23 PM
If you are buying a used car, buy it privately...youll save a shitload, expecially since you are paying PST out there too. Go with the new car, you will be worry free for a long time.

lastprodigy
03-14-2006, 06:23 PM
If you are buying a used car, buy it privately...youll save a shitload, expecially since you are paying PST out there too. Go with the new car, you will be worry free for a long time.

Inferno_21
03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Well thanks for all the replies.

We just finished the deal with Honda and got a 2006 Automatic Silver LX Civic Sedan for $25,100 (so about $1100 off the msrp). We also bought a 10 year oil spray plan (pops wanted it) and a car alarm (pops again) and ended up paying $900 for both.

Do you guys think the extended warranty is needed? The basic warranty covers 100 thousand clicks for any problems with engines and 60 thousand clicks from bumper to bumper.

Aleks
03-14-2006, 07:10 PM
No don't go for extended warranty.

Congrats on the car even tho the dealer took back almost all the money they gave you off. They are scam artists and the 900 bux you gave them back costs them next to nothing in the end.

Xtrema
03-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Well thanks for all the replies.

We just finished the deal with Honda and got a 2006 Automatic Silver LX Civic Sedan for $25,100 (so about $1100 off the msrp). We also bought a 10 year oil spray plan (pops wanted it) and a car alarm (pops again) and ended up paying $900 for both.

Do you guys think the extended warranty is needed? The basic warranty covers 100 thousand clicks for any problems with engines and 60 thousand clicks from bumper to bumper.

1) No warranty needed. It's a Honda. Nothing will go wrong in the 1st five years especally if you drive less than 20K/year.

2) What's 10 year oil spray plan? Is that undercoating and protection crap? Or a lifetie oil change plan? The protection stuff (anti-rust/undercoat/paint/scotchguard), Honda wants $650 and I got it done for $400 for my 06 coupe. As for life time oil change, my Nissan dealer charged me $299. Good for a change every 3 months.

3) Factory alarm? It's useless. Nobody is gonna steal your car because it comes with immobilizer by default. And the chip is new with rotation code + encryption. The only way they can get your ride is either with a tow truck or master key.

As for window and door lock alarm, let's just say thieve would've got what they needed before you can react to the alarm.

But if you got the factory alarm with starter, that's a pretty good price since Honda charges almost $1000 MSRP for it. It would be cleaner than aftermarket and no warranty issues later on.

Inferno_21
03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
That oil plan is to spray the car with a oil coating every year before winter, we live in Toronto and they salt the roads a lot down here so my dad said ya but I was saying no. But again we dont have to worry about rust for 10 years I guess then.

The Alarm is not a touch alarm, its if someone actually gets in the car, I did not want it either but my dad said might as well.

All in all the money they took off the msrp we paid them back for an alarm and oil coating for 10 years.

He threw in some free interior spray so if you spill anything it will stay above the fabric, probably a 20 doller value lol.

CKY
03-16-2006, 05:29 AM
That oil plan is to spray the car with a oil coating every year before winter, we live in Toronto and they salt the roads a lot down here so my dad said ya but I was saying no. But again we dont have to worry about rust for 10 years I guess then.

The Alarm is not a touch alarm, its if someone actually gets in the car, I did not want it either but my dad said might as well.

All in all the money they took off the msrp we paid them back for an alarm and oil coating for 10 years.

He threw in some free interior spray so if you spill anything it will stay above the fabric, probably a 20 doller value lol.

That would be Scotch guard, you can get that stuff from staples