PDA

View Full Version : America vs. Iraq

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cryofuzion
03-17-2003, 07:11 PM
President Bush, of America, has just stated that Saddam Hussein and his sons have 48 hours to leave the country or there will be a war.

A war closer than we all thought.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I just watched his Presidential Address. About damn time.

Now here comes the flaming...

ramminghard
03-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Glowrider
About damn time.
:werd:

trendkill
03-17-2003, 07:25 PM
GOOD. lets rid that saddam basterd... time to listen to some SADDAM A GO GO by gwar.

Altezza
03-17-2003, 07:26 PM
I know some people who work for military contractors in the US and they've been working their asses off for the past few months. Time has come I suppose.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 07:29 PM
What...? LOL. A few months ago everyone on this board was flaming Bush and America for it's actions. Oh well... on with it :)

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL111/772847/1351628/21819590.jpg

ninjak84
03-17-2003, 07:29 PM
I'm glad Chretien did something right, and said Canada won't support the USA.
Good job.
Let fucking retarded American Bush fight on his own.

I'll be on my couch watching the news with a bowl of popcorn during this war :)

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Oh no, a war without Canadian support? Whatever will we do...

trendkill
03-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
Good job.

GROW UP u tree hugging pussy

read some history and then maybe u'll know where we are comeing from

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 07:32 PM
It's ok. The French and all their friends will be sucking American cock to get at that oil once this is done and over with.

ninjak84
03-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by trendkill
GROW UP u tree hugging pussy

read some history and then maybe u'll know where we are comeing from

Haha, why don't you have fun and move to the States to join the army then?:rolleyes:

[GaGe]
03-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Good job.

i'm just glad canada doesn't get involved in many wars.. we're such a peaceful country. :thumbsup:

___2PaC___
03-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Saddam said everyone country will pay if he goes into war with Iraq. I'd be a lil worried if he loses or wins, because hes one crazy mother fucker, he fuckin bombed one of his own cities and threw mustard gas and shit. WWIII? Let's hope not, even though Bush is as fuckin stupid as hid dad, this could get a lil too serious for every country.

Keep the peace.

ninjak84
03-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by [GaGe]
i'm just glad canada doesn't get involved in many wars.. we're such a peaceful country. :thumbsup:

Good call :)

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 07:40 PM
It's funny how a bunch of kids on computers are calling the leader of the most powerful nation in the world "idiot' and "stupid. What exactly have you guys accomplished in your lifetimes?

Go hang out with the French and surrender to someone.

Superesc
03-17-2003, 07:45 PM
nobody wants war... but I think the US wants to make an example out of Iraq to countries like N.Korea.

___2PaC___
03-17-2003, 07:45 PM
It's funny how a bunch of kids on computers are calling the leader of the most powerful nation in the world "idiot' and "stupid. What exactly have you guys accomplished in your lifetimes?

Yea he has accomplished ALOT. But most people know what he is all about, and his family, so its a impact on what people think about Bush Jr. Let people think what they want man, everyone has their own opinions.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by ___2PaC___

Yea he has accomplished ALOT. But most people know what he is all about, and his family, so its a impact on what people think about Bush Jr. Let people think what they want man, everyone has their own opinions.

I'm not stopping anyone from doing anything.

ninjak84
03-17-2003, 07:56 PM

Hey man, there's two things you should realise.
1: Just because he's the President, it doesn't mean he's a genius. FYI, my IQ is higher than his, and I'm 18.
2: There's a reason countires like Canada and the Swiss don't fight wars.

Don't be so quick to get defensive, no ones saying things about the citizens of America.

max_boost
03-17-2003, 07:59 PM
I don't agree with war.....
I don't think Bush is the smartest......
I don't like American foreign policy

But I still rather have the U.S as a close ally than any other country in the world....:)

I mean, where would my life be without television i.e. simpsons and smallville? It has bought so much laughter and joy to my life!:rofl: :thumbsup:

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 07:59 PM

Hey man, there's two things you should realise.
1: Just because he's the President, it doesn't mean he's a genius. FYI, my IQ is higher than his, and I'm 18.
2: There's a reason countires like Canada and the Swiss don't fight wars.

Don't be so quick to get defensive, no ones saying things about the citizens of America.

I ask again, what exactly is it you've accomplished in your life time that gives you room to talk shit about Bush?

There's a reason that Canada and Switzerland don't fight wars. Agreed. But the Swiss don't sit there and run thier mouths about everything we do.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I don't agree with war.....
I don't think Bush is the smartest......
I don't like American foreign policy

But I still rather have the U.S as a close ally than any other country in the world....:)

You aren't the only one. Everyone hates us but wants something from us. We didn't get to where we are by laying down in the face of evil. Everyone else should just get out of the way and let America do what it does best.

ninjak84
03-17-2003, 08:01 PM
I ask again, what exactly is it you've accomplished in your life time that gives you room to talk shit about Bush?

I have the freedom of speech.
It's an American thing, so you should know about it.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Nice job avoiding questions. You can put that on your list.

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Oh no, a war without Canadian support? Whatever will we do...

With that kind of attitude, I hope everyone of your soldiers comes back in a garbage bag like they did in Vietnam.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

With that kind of attitude, I hope everyone of your soldiers comes back in a garbage bag like they did in Vietnam.

I'd love to see you say that to one of them...IRL.

But ofcourse, that would never happen. Another Honda driver running his mouth...what else is new.

SoSlowDx
03-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Whether he is smart or dumb I think America is doing the right thing. I'm Vietnamese man and if the US didn't pull out of '75 then we would of been a democratic country so they're doing the right thing get the dictator out and everyone live better I hope!

so yeah USA all the way!

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 08:14 PM

I'd love to see you say that to one of them...IRL.

It is on a public board, they are welcome to see it any day they want.

If you are so bent on war, why don't you get up and enlist? I imagine you are of age. Or is it that people like you are only strong behind a computer screen?

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:14 PM
Most Americans disagree with Bush for the actions he is taking. However, Iraq has had its chance for 12 years, and if we continue to go like "oh he just needs time" the United Nations would become the League of Nations and fall apart because it could not inforce what it says. Action is needed, but what type of action is still to ponder about.

No offense, America doesn't need Canada's support in this really, besides, what does Canada have to offer?

van
03-17-2003, 08:15 PM
At least Canada is educated :) At least we know more about America than Americans do lol.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 08:16 PM
No offense, America doesn't need Canada's support in this really, besides, what does Canada have to offer?

Exactly!

Don't worry. Once the bombs start falling and our economy starts kicking ass again, everyone will fall in line.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:17 PM

Exactly!

Don't worry. Once the bombs start falling and our economy starts kicking ass again, everyone will fall in line.

If you look back, each war the only reason the economy got back is because it just so happened to be the end of a recession. We are currently in one, and it might end during this war, just out of luck. Wars dont help the economy a lot.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 08:18 PM
If you are so bent on war, why don't you get up and enlist? I imagine you are of age. Or is it that people like you are only strong behind a computer screen?

Because I'm a baller going to school to get my MBA. Besides that, my eyesight sucks and I'd be stuck behind a desk.

Either way, you're just another kid across the border running his mouth about the most powerful nation in the world. Just like the kids at the races talk shit about the fastest cars out there.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:20 PM
Either way, you're just another kid across the border running his mouth about the most powerful nation in the world. Just like the kids at the races talk shit about the fastest cars out there.

Calm down, everyone has their right to their opinion, whether it be a direct attack towards you or something you do not agree. Respect it and let it be, dont feed the flame. Opinions is what makes us smarter.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 08:20 PM
If you look back, each war the only reason the economy got back is because it just so happened to be the end of a recession. We are currently in one, and it might end during this war, just out of luck. Wars dont help the economy a lot.

I think know that people know what is going to happen, they will start putting money back in the market. We've been doing OK for the past couple days. Also, those reconstruction contracts are going to help quite a bit. Not to mention our new found friends in the mid-east. Thats where all the oil is. :) The French and the Germans can kiss their billions invested in Iraq goodbye. Haha.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:23 PM

I think know that people know what is going to happen, they will start putting money back in the market. We've been doing OK for the past couple days. Also, those reconstruction contracts are going to help quite a bit. Not to mention our new found friends in the mid-east. Thats where all the oil is. :) The French and the Germans can kiss their billions invested in Iraq goodbye. Haha.

"reconstruction contracts" sounds like something Roosevelt tried to do with the New Deal, most of his ideas were voted as unconsitutional. If Bush doesn't pay more attention to the economy, then he can kiss his second term goodbye. Voters reflect on the economy status during the president's term, so far it's sucking major ass.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 08:23 PM
Calm down, everyone has their right to their opinion, whether it be a direct attack towards you or something you do not agree. Respect it and let it be, dont feed the flame. Opinions is what makes us smarter

I've got friends and relatives overseas, ready to move in to Iraq. So when he says some shit like he wishes they come back in garbage bags, yeah I tend to get a little pissed. That's how I feel...

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 08:24 PM
The French and the Germans can kiss their billions invested in Iraq goodbye. Haha.

Again, with this same attitude, you can also kiss your new World Trade Center goodbye too! :thumbsup: Do you see any correlation here yet?

SoSlowDx
Glowrider is right that was kind of harsh

Zephyr

I've got friends and relatives overseas, ready to move in to Iraq. So when he says some shit like he wishes they come back in garbage bags, yeah I tend to get a little pissed. That's how I feel...

Yea, I can see why you would get mad, but it's just words. Like they say "Aruging on the internet is like running in the special olympics, in the end, you're still retarded."

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:25 PM

Again, with this same attitude, you can also kiss your new World Trade Center goodbye too! :thumbsup: Do you see any correlation here yet?

Calm down Weapon R. Things like that are not needed to be said, dont feed the flame.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:26 PM
I don't agree with any of Bush's plans, ideas, or actions, but then, at least we are doing something.

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
Glowrider is right that was kind of harsh

It may have sounded extremely harsh, but it's true. He is an arrogant bastard who has exerted no remorse or sense of emotion for the Iraqi people, many of who will die when the US drops it's "smart bombs" in and around Baghdad. Do a search and see the amounts of civilians who were killed when the US pushed Iraq out of Kuwait, and think about the amount that will die because of America's "recession" when the war goes into the streets of Baghdad.. .

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 08:29 PM

This is why you drive a shitty little Integra.

It's too bad that your BMW and your daddy couldn't buy you a personality, or even some education to counter any argument without mentioning what I drive.

SoSlowDx
03-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Yeah people will die and that's not good but Saddam is the one behind most of it. He treats his people like shit.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:30 PM

It may have sounded extremely harsh, but it's true. He is an arrogant bastard who has exerted no remorse or sense of emotion for the Iraqi people, many of who will die when the US drops it's "smart bombs" in and around Baghdad. Do a search and see the amounts of civilians who were killed when the US pushed Iraq out of Kuwait, and think about the amount that will die because of America's "recession" when the war goes into the streets of Baghdad.. .

He's right, there will be civilian casualties. Every war there was civilian casulties, and many American soldiers commiting crimes that were not brought to the public's attention.

"War doesn't determine who is right, but determines who is left."

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:33 PM
Well in two days, we will face war. I doubt Saddam is going to leave, he all ready said he's ready and displayed his "army". Face it people, Bush wants to carry out daddy's will, and daddy is gonna get what he wanted.

SoSlowDx
03-17-2003, 08:34 PM
What the dad owes, the son pays.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
What the dad owes, the son pays.

No, my generation pays. He put us in a huge debt in which my generation and new generations will pay for it. I hope Bush dies.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 08:39 PM
America should of accepted the gun duel. Bush and Saddam fight in a gun duel, and hope that they both shoot each other at the sametime and rid both problems.

buh_buh
03-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Glowrider, Weapon_R: Lets lay off the personal attacks. I'll keep the thread open since there is still good discussion going on in here, but any more personal attacks and the thread is closed.

Superesc
03-17-2003, 08:40 PM

This is why you drive a shitty little Integra.

Anymore unconstructive post like these, I will close this thread.

*Edited
Damn A click too late from BuhBuh!!!! I wanted to lay down the law!! :rofl:

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 08:50 PM
America will do what it has to do to remove a threat. Hussein is a threat to us, to his people, and to everyone else. He will be removed, whether the UN and everyone else wants it or not. The UN has more than proven that it isn't capable of enforcing the laws that it has set forth upon Iraq in the form of over a dozen resolutions. The job is left to us. 12 years of diplomacy, hundreds of inspectors, etc, have failed. There is only one option left. The military option.

5 carrier groups, 280,000 troops, the full fury of the American military forces, joined with those of other allied nations, will reign vengeance down upon Hussein and anyone who follows him.

A man who has proven that he has no reservations about using WMD, whether it be on his own people, or anyone else, will be taken down from power.

Some argue that civilians will die. This is a fact of war. There has never been a war without collateral damage. Something needs to be done, we cannot stand idly by and let the UN send Blix running around Iraq looking for weapons being deliberately hidden from him.

The needs of a few cannot be held in higher regard than the needs of the masses. War always brings sacrifice with it.
It is my opinion, that removal of Hussein, will do more for Iraq and it's people than anything else ever has.

I honestly believe that the French administration is afraid that we will find something that they don't want us to see if we go into Iraq. They have attempted time and time again to maliciously undermine the foreign policy of the US.

In the words of Alexander Haig, when asked about the Israeli destruction of the nuclear reactor facility that the French sold to Iraq..."...you will thank God they did what they did."

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 08:58 PM
America will do what it has to do to remove a threat. Hussein is a threat to us, to his people, and to everyone else. He will be removed, whether the UN and everyone else wants it or not.

What threat does Hussein pose to the United States?

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:02 PM
He's aided Al-Qaeda operators. He gave them a place to go after we walked all over the Taliban in Afghanistan. Anyone who aids these people, is a threat to the US.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 09:03 PM
He's aided Al-Qaeda operators. He gave them a place to go after we walked all over the Taliban in Afghanistan. Anyone who aids these people, is a threat to the US.

There still is no hard evidence. Many still question Bush's sources.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Are you willing to take that chance?

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 09:05 PM
Are you willing to take that chance?

Question is, are you ready to take the chance of war when you dont have evidence?

ninjak84
03-17-2003, 09:07 PM
He gave them a place to go after we walked all over the Taliban in Afghanistan.

I'd just like to point something out....
The country of Afghan is in shambles now.
Where is Bin Laden?:dunno:

Add Afghan to the list I suppose.

- Korea
- Japan
- Yugoslavia
- Croatia
- Bosnia/Herzegovina
- Israel

I'm not saying the president, or the citizens are responsible.
But your foreign policy certainly is.

And your comment about Weapon_R's Integra was tasteless.

kaput
03-17-2003, 09:08 PM

Glowrider
There are plenty of other reasons to move Hussein, both for our own interests, and those interests of others.

Weapon_R

If you already "walked all over the Taliban", why would the few that got away be such a threat?

The Al-Qaeda accusations were never proven, and it is known that Bin Ladin and Hussein hate each other.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 09:09 PM
My cousin is in the marines and he told us that most of his commerades do not want to go to war. A lot of Americans disagree with Bush, and many question his reasons.

"Holy war? You mean holy shit."

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:11 PM

- Korea
- Japan
- Yugoslavia
- Croatia
- Bosnia/Herzegovina
- Israel

Al-Qaeda was rendered great damage by what we did in Afghanistan. Maybe Bin Laden is in Iraq? Who knows what we'll find when we go in there.

Yeah I know it was tasteless. But I'm not the kind of guy that really gives a shit if what I say is tasteless or not when another person tells me they want to see my friends and family come home in garbage bags. I stopped, don't get me started again.

AMG
03-17-2003, 09:11 PM
There has never been any proof to tie Iraq and al-Qaeda. The US government has tried to provide evidence of links between the two but no link has been found.

Saddam and Usama bin Laden both detest eachother. When Iraq invaded Kuwait the first time bin Laden offered to gather a group of muhjahadeen to fight off the Iraqi's and free Kuwait. Ever since then Saddam and bin Laden have hated eachother.

Does Saddam even have the means to transport a weapon to America? No he doesn't. He may have the weapons, yet to be proven but I do guess the American government has a checklist of all the chemical and biological weapons he was supplied with, but he has no way of transporting them. He does not posses a single ICBM, and without this he has no hope of hitting the North American continent.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:12 PM
If you already "walked all over the Taliban", why would the few that got away be such a threat?

The Taliban isn't a threat. The Taliban was the acting power in Afghanistan when we went there. They are not a terrorist organization.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by AMG
There has never been any proof to tie Iraq and al-Qaeda. The US government has tried to provide evidence of links between the two but no link has been found.

Saddam and Usama bin Laden both detest eachother. When Iraq invaded Kuwait the first time bin Laden offered to gather a group of muhjahadeen to fight off the Iraqi's and free Kuwait. Ever since then Saddam and bin Laden have hated eachother.

Does Saddam even have the means to transport a weapon to America? No he doesn't. He may have the weapons, yet to be proven but I do guess the American government has a checklist of all the chemical and biological weapons he was supplied with, but he has no way of transporting them. He does not posses a single ICBM, and without this he has no hope of hitting the North American continent.

Warfare isn't so conventional anymore. A guy with an envelope of anthrax or something else hidden his shoe could easily make it into the US. As we saw on 9/11, the desperate are no longer sticking to traditional means of fighting.

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 09:16 PM

- Korea
- Japan
- Yugoslavia
- Croatia
- Bosnia/Herzegovina
- Israel

Add to the list:

-Vietnam
-Iraq
-Lebanon
-Palestine
-Panama
-Nicaragua
-Iran

:werd: Thanks.

ninjak84
03-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr
America should of accepted the gun duel. Bush and Saddam fight in a gun duel, and hope that they both shoot each other at the sametime and rid both problems.

By far the best idea.
Put them in a cage to fight it out.
Hey, maybe even make a couple bucks off of pay-per-view :)

AMG
03-17-2003, 09:20 PM

Warfare isn't so conventional anymore. A guy with an envelope of anthrax or something else hidden his shoe could easily make it into the US. As we saw on 9/11, the desperate are no longer sticking to traditional means of fighting.

Alrite, I see your point here. But what makes Saddam such a threat all of the sudden? He had not done anything in the 4 years since the Weapons Inspectors left in '98 and there has been no proven links between him an al-Qaeda so what is the reasoning for war? I think he is a lot more dangerous now that he has his back up against the wall than he was before all this War on Iraq talk started.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:22 PM
He was always a threat, he just drew attention to himself after 9/11. Not to mention the fact that he tried to kill the current President's father, Hussein's day was coming the moment Bush was sworn in. It's a job that we left undone in 1991, we're just going to clean up.

bksze
03-17-2003, 09:23 PM
For the pro war advocates, something to consider
- ~50% US citizens are against the war
- ~80% UK citizens are against the war
- people all over the world are protesting this war,

you gotta realise that there are valid points with regards to why this war shouldn't happen, i thought the US was all about democracy? if so, why not put this war to a vote and see?

- Bush stated that regardless of if he thought he could get the 9 votes needed for UN support, he would call the vote at the Sec. Council in order to see where each country stands, now all of a sudden it proceeds without so much as a vote nor any deliberations with the Sec. Council

- Bush has also said that Saddam poses a threat to the entire world because he possesses weapons of mass destruction, chem and bio weapons, links to al qaeda yet alot of this so called "evidence" seems inconclusive including the weapons inspections that were supposed to prove all this

- There are consequences that must be faced by every country in this world, the US will not come out of a recession because of this unless they are very lucky, so far they have racked up a lot of bills supporting troops and mobilizing troops and all this is on borrowed money, now if they "return all oil profits to the iraqi people" who's goign to end up paying for this war? the US citizens in the next 50 years

- how many more wars after this one are you going to fight? there are a myriad of dictators out there, the whole middle east is comprised of dictators, so what? that's how their culture is run, look at Saudi Arabia, one of the biggest oil nations in the world, women are treated like shit there but because they contain so much US interest, it is wrong to impose one's views on another simply because you think yours is right, "ethnocentrism", one of the most ideal political structures is social communism, why because run in it's most utopic form, it allows everyone to be equal yet the US does not agree with that because communism is a threat . . . so war again

glowrider, i understand you're a US citizen and that you are pursuing an MBA and blah blah blah, but since you are so educated, why dont' you bring up some points with regards to why war is good without realising this from a selfish point of view

a war will never be good for anyone involved . . . look back into history, every war has casualties on both sides, are you telling me that people dying is worth it because you have money and you didnt' have to enlist so the one dying won't be you?

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:28 PM
glowrider, i understand you're a US citizen and that you are pursuing an MBA and blah blah blah, but since you are so educated, why dont' you bring up some points with regards to why war is good without realising this from a selfish point of view

The UN has failed to enforce the dozens of resolutions it has imposed on Iraq. Blix has submitted pages upon pages citing Iraq for non-compliance.

The UN has failed to assert itself as a governing body. The US will pick up where the UN left off.

Hussein has broken the law, and now he will suffer the consequences.

Canada isn't involved, so I really don't see what difference it makes to all of you whether we do this or not. This is our fight, let us fight it.

AMG
03-17-2003, 09:37 PM
The reason so many people are worried about this war is because to seemingly everyone except the American government it looks like the US is just doing what it wants when it wants too.

bksze
03-17-2003, 09:43 PM
you are right, Blix has stated non-compliance but he has also asked for more time, why listen to one thing he says and not the other . . . also think from an Iraqi's point of view, if the cops said that we could come in and search your house because we think have guns, how are you going to take upon that? are you going to be willing to sit there and allow the search to take place all the while being cooperative or are you going to resent the fact that they are in your house?

the UN was drawn up to "protect world peace", i think they are doing a damn good job of it until the US decided to meddle and besides, the UN is comprised of many nations where as the US is one, why does the US think it is "smarter" than the combined minds of many?

Hussein may have broken the law, but the consequences being suffered are not just by him, that of the Iraqi people are directly being affect along with the entire world indirectly affected

I'm glad Canada isn't involved, but there is huge ripple effects being faced by us, your nearest neighbour, already, terrorist cells are set up in Canada, not because they want to bomb us, but because it's easy access to the states, the economic repercussions in itself will be felt the most strongly here in Canada, regardless of all this, i still feel the human compassion factor should be more than enough to view this war as unnecessary

the US has more than enough "might" to blow Iraq off the map, why not wait until they become a threat to actually prove that . . . like i said, i wanted to ask if you could provide some unselfish reasoning, yet you couldn't . . . that is fine as you are entitled to your own opinions, i just urge you to take everything into consideration before drawing your conclusions . . .

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:43 PM
The reason so many people are worried about this war is because to seemingly everyone except the American government it looks like the US is just doing what it wants when it wants too.

Well we haven't invaded Canada, and don't have plans to in the near future, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 09:48 PM

The UN has failed to enforce the dozens of resolutions it has imposed on Iraq. Blix has submitted pages upon pages citing Iraq for non-compliance.

Name them. Iraq has complied with all of the UN resolutions and has assisted the UN weapons inspectors in their search for weapons. The UN has itself praised Iraq for the assistance and the cooperation. The UN had approximately 700 inspectors and did not find a trace of weapons related to mass destruction. Either the Iraqis are incredibly lucky, or they have some kickass hiding spots.

The UN has failed to assert itself as a governing body. The US will pick up where the UN left off.

Since the UN has not asserted itself as a governing body (by this, I assume you mean it hasn't done what the US has told it to do, since the UN did what the rest of the world wanted it to do), will the US now have the authority to practice it's new found policy on unilateralism wherever and whenever it feels like?

Canada isn't involved, so I really don't see what difference it makes to all of you whether we do this or not. This is our fight, let us fight it.

It's not our fight, but it does mark the first time in history where the US has fought a war against another country without the support of any allies (minus Britain) and done so without UN consent.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by bksze
you are right, Blix has stated non-compliance but he has also asked for more time, why listen to one thing he says and not the other . . . also think from an Iraqi's point of view, if the cops said that we could come in and search your house because we think have guns, how are you going to take upon that? are you going to be willing to sit there and allow the search to take place all the while being cooperative or are you going to resent the fact that they are in your house?

the UN was drawn up to "protect world peace", i think they are doing a damn good job of it until the US decided to meddle and besides, the UN is comprised of many nations where as the US is one, why does the US think it is "smarter" than the combined minds of many?

Hussein may have broken the law, but the consequences being suffered are not just by him, that of the Iraqi people are directly being affect along with the entire world indirectly affected

I'm glad Canada isn't involved, but there is huge ripple effects being faced by us, your nearest neighbour, already, terrorist cells are set up in Canada, not because they want to bomb us, but because it's easy access to the states, the economic repercussions in itself will be felt the most strongly here in Canada, regardless of all this, i still feel the human compassion factor should be more than enough to view this war as unnecessary

the US has more than enough "might" to blow Iraq off the map, why not wait until they become a threat to actually prove that . . . like i said, i wanted to ask if you could provide some unselfish reasoning, yet you couldn't . . . that is fine as you are entitled to your own opinions, i just urge you to take everything into consideration before drawing your conclusions . . .

Honestly, I don't have anything to hide from the police. I wouldn't mind if they wanted to search where I lived, just to get them off my back. I've had my car searched before, and they found nothing. I let them do what they want to do and get on with their lives. Nothing to hide.

Why not wait? Don't want to take the chance that we might wait to long. He's had 12 years to completely come clean, and has failed to do so.

Unselfish reasons for war...

He employs professional rapists. These professional rapists rape women and children infront of their families in order to extract information from the people in question.

His torture chambers.

His use of WMD.

The invasion of 2 neighboring countries.

Violation of UN resolutions.

The man has a 30 year history of war crimes, and gross atrocities. He has 48 hrs to step down. If he will not step down, he will be taken down.

grideTLS
03-17-2003, 09:53 PM

Hussein has broken the law, and now he will suffer the consequences.

Man if u want to fight just stick your head up your ass and fight for air. Fucking yankee, why are u on a Canadian forum anyway? Shooting your mouth off is only going to get u into trouble. I would bet my life on it that u are a blood thirsty Zionist. Am I correct? You do live in the Zionist state at least that what u keep stating staten island this and NY this go fuck youself and your fucking president. There is one thing worse than a yankee and that is a yankee with attitude as you so clearly portray. Do us Canadians all a favor and leave us alone. WeaponR is more of a man than u are u piece of NEW WORLD ORDER shit. Tell those Free Masons they can lick my sack. You keep running your mouth like you are a high roller but Mommy and Daddy's well is going to dry up after this war against humanity is over and u fucking Americans get your ass kicked once and for all.

Peace,

GrideTLS

jdmakkord
03-17-2003, 09:55 PM
:werd:
:rofl:
OWNED!!!!!!!

Weapon_R
03-17-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by grideTLS

Man if u want to fight just stick your head up your ass and fight for air. Fucking yankee, why are u on a Canadian forum anyway? Shooting your mouth off is only going to get u into trouble. I would bet my life on it that u are a blood thirsty Zionist. Am I correct? You do live in the Zionist state at least that what u keep stating staten island this and NY this go fuck youself and your fucking president. There is one thing worse than a yankee and that is a yankee with attitude as you so clearly portray. Do us Canadians all a favor and leave us alone. WeaponR is more of a man than u are u piece of NEW WORLD ORDER shit. Tell those Free Masons they can lick my sack. You keep running your mouth like you are a high roller but Mommy and Daddy's well is going to dry up after this war against humanity is over and u fucking Americans get your ass kicked once and for all.

Peace,

GrideTLS

Woah :rofl:

Easy there guy. Keep it civil. This thread is VERY interesting

AMG
03-17-2003, 09:57 PM

Peace,

GrideTLS

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the stupidest post ever.

jdmakkord
03-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by AMG

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the stupidest post ever.

At least he has a perspective on this issue. Being a muslim and a Canadian, I think he has more of a reason to give a shit as opposed to anyone else here. I think your response was one up one being the stupidest post ever.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 10:00 PM

Should I keep going?

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 10:02 PM

Peace,

GrideTLS

Woah! Calm down buddy, not all americans agree with glowrider's thoughts.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 10:03 PM

...and my "Integra" comment was tasteless? Haha.

To correct you, I don't live on Staten Island.

...one other thing, mommy and daddy's well is far from dry.

Capitalism rocks :)

WeaponR's comments hold merit. You are just a babbling fool.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 10:05 PM

...and my "Integra" comment was tasteless? Haha.

To correct you, I don't live on Staten Island.

...one other thing, mommy and daddy's well is far from dry.

Capitalism rocks :)

This is why people like me that have to drive a BMW for a temporaly car get bad images, because people like you love to brag about using your parent's money to get a "pimp" ride. Please stop acting dumb, its embarrssing that you are represeting Americans on this forum. I tried not to say anything, but it's just getting dumb now.

This isn't an attack, I'm just saying that you should just calm down, but dont kill it for others.

stang1214
03-17-2003, 10:06 PM
you think saddam would be stupid enough to just sit there.........?
I think saddam ,,has something up his sleeves...
and so does o samma bid ladin..

there smart motha @#$%#%#%...
bush is taking this a little too personal...hes just going to make things worse....

think about ........

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 10:10 PM
This is why people like me that have to drive a BMW for a temporaly car get bad images, because people like you love to brag about using your parent's money to get a "pimp" ride. Please stop acting dumb, its embarrssing that you are represeting Americans on this forum. I tried not to say anything, but it's just getting dumb now.

I've got no shame in being a spoiled little asshole. I know where I come from. If you really feel that people look at you differently because of what I say, you've got bigger problems to face.

I'm not afraid to hide my feelings. Capitalism does rock. I don't live on Staten Island. And my parents are far from poor. I was merely correcting inaccuracies in someone else's statement. If that offends you, sorry.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 10:15 PM

I've got no shame in being a spoiled little asshole. I know where I come from. If you really feel that people look at you differently because of what I say, you've got bigger problems to face.

I'm not afraid to hide my feelings. Capitalism does rock. I don't live on Staten Island. And my parents are far from poor. I was merely correcting inaccuracies in someone else's statement. If that offends you, sorry.

I respect your posts and opinion, I'm just saying, watch what you say man, you are representing your country whether you think so or not. Anyways, you do have some good points, but I wont believe it's a threat till I see evidence.

lammer
03-17-2003, 10:16 PM
knowing how America is going in to recession..is this a good time to trade in my canadian dollers for some american ones? then hope for your economy to boom up so i can make some cash?!!

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by lammer
knowing how America is going in to recession..is this a good time to trade in my canadian dollers for some american ones? then hope for your economy to boom up so i can make some cash?!!

lol, looking for a quick buck there?

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 10:18 PM

Markets have been up for the past 2 days, I think you're a little late. LOL. Can't blame a guy for trying though.

Zephyr
03-17-2003, 10:19 PM

Markets have been up for the past 2 days, I think you're a little late. LOL. Can't blame a guy for trying though.

yea... my microsoft is doing ok... whew

lammer
03-17-2003, 10:20 PM
god damnit!!! fuck im always late for things ahah.

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 10:22 PM
yea... my microsoft is doing ok... whew

Aw...see. I knew we had something more in common. :) Haha.

MOMO CiViC
03-17-2003, 10:23 PM
yo zypher you made wrote a message a while a go about riced out civic and all i have to say is that a guy put s15 headlight on a civic would be far from rice and the price that would cost would be more then that bmw you try and pass off as your car.
P.S
Canada is better then the states so you should remove that stupid tag YOU ARE ON A CANADIAN FORUM!!

Glowrider
03-17-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by MOMO CiViC
yo zypher you made wrote a message a while a go about riced out civic and all i have to say is that a guy put s15 headlight on a civic would be far from rice and the price that would cost would be more then that bmw you try and pass off as your car.
P.S
Canada is better then the states so you should remove that stupid tag YOU ARE ON A CANADIAN FORUM!!

Can anyone say "off topic"?

lammer
03-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by MOMO CiViC
P.S

wtf are you so bitter about man?

MOMO CiViC
03-17-2003, 10:29 PM
people making shit up