PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have/know about these new Alpine Digital Amps??

TomTom
07-08-2002, 06:01 PM
pros/cons? anyone have heard anything, know anything, know anyone with them ?

ninspeed
07-08-2002, 06:38 PM
i have not heard anything about them.. I know that A/D/S makes some sweet digital stuff.. I am going away from the brad name jap/amern style audio stuff and looking at instaling a quality system (focal, A/D/s (yes american, but small) and using a pioneer or clarion HU

TomTom
07-08-2002, 09:46 PM
im not looking to spend 1000$ for 1 pair of speakers
i went into soundsaround today to look if they could get me the new alpine digital 5 channel (4x50 4ohm +200w sub 4ohm) and even one of the managers didnt know, he tryed to talk me into 2 different amps....i just want the damn amp i want, i cant fit 2 into the amp rack, they should just worry about me getting the amp and than ill consider buying alot more stuff from them, i was trained to do that same shit......turn the person onto somthing you do carry.
anyone know if Auto Temp carrys alpine?

ninspeed
07-08-2002, 11:23 PM
go to ACM (Audio Concepts Mobile).. See if he can get it.. then post the model # on here.. i get a good discount with Dru (the owner) and ill hook you up if ya need to

TomTom
07-09-2002, 12:21 AM
sorry that is the store i ment to say also!
i want to power 4 door speakers and the 1 type R all from 1 sub

MRV-F450

also the guy at soundsaround told me when i asked what the big deal was with them....its show...ok many hundreds of dollers extra for them JUST for show? i would think that is stupid on alpines behalf, i would rather somone say i really dont know ill go get somone that does know.

i just want a nice 12" sub
i am pretty sure im going to sell my other car with the full system and just get a new one for the new car...new system/cap/alarm so ill be buying a bit of stuff
but i dont want to spend 4k like the other systems worth.

D'z Nutz
07-09-2002, 12:38 AM
Any chance that amp might be underrated?? Those numbers don't sound very impressive if you want to power a decent sounding setup. IIRC, some Alpine amps are underrated and come with a birth certificate indicating a more realistic number than the factory specs.

Why don't you check out http://forum.sounddomain.com/ and see what some audiophiles might have to say about it.