PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Aiport has no power!

AJL
03-12-2006, 08:27 PM
just got a call from my mom who is trying to fly to Las Vegas tonight and she says the aiport is completely dark, no power.
She is standing in the check in line along with hundreds of people and they arent going anywhere. No one knows what is going on, and when she called the aiport authority as to what is going on they told her "Ma'am the electrician was just called and is on is way here." Ok then... :nut:
Doesnt look like shes gonna be flying out at her scheuled time of 7:15 tonight
It seems pretty weird to me that an international airport wouldnt have back up power or anything.

snowboard
03-12-2006, 08:28 PM
thats weird?
you would expect them to have some back up for sure

jcrules99
03-12-2006, 08:33 PM
hahaha damn.. i wish i worked today

fendercontender
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
hmmm, was wondering wat was taking my room mate so long to get home today, hahaha, flyin in from vancouver

Kobe
03-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I remember leaving the dominican Republic I think it was, there was no power for like 20 minutes in the airport, was almost pitch black...

BlackArcher101
03-12-2006, 08:53 PM
No arrivals or departures have been cancelled according to their site. Doesn't appear to be anything going on. Unless it was just a terminal outage, not the entire airport.

http://www.calgaryairport.com/flight_info/dsp_departures.cfm

ecstasy_civic
03-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
No arrivals or departures have been cancelled according to their site. Doesn't appear to be anything going on. Unless it was just a terminal outage, not the entire airport.

http://www.calgaryairport.com/flight_info/dsp_departures.cfm

:werd:

I can see the lights from my house lol

and anyone who said theyre glad there not working:dunno: it would be a shitshow once it got all fixed lol

AJL
03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
My mom just called and updated...
they started checking in people manually. Shes now through security and boarding the plane for Vegas. Power is still out in some parts of the airport though