PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Car to the US

max_boost
03-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Before you go telling me to search (which I already did) or call a shipping company (I don't want to annoy the rep with my questions yet), I want to know if anyone has shipped their car to the US. What company you went with, any complications, whether the price is dependent on mileage or a specific area etc.

My new car arrives in June, I'm going on vacation in July for two weeks and I'm going to really miss not being able to drive it. Anyway, I want to ship it to LAs Vegas and then drive it from there to LA, up the coast to Vancouver, then back home to Calgary. Otherwise I have to rent a car in Vegas anyway, I'm saving on the return flight and car rental. I only have two weeks and definitely don't want to get exhausted from making the drive there and back. One way is much better :D

Weapon_R
03-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Hanson (www.lhf.com) or Searail (www.searail.ca). I'm 100% positive that either will ship the car from the U.S. to Canada, but i'm not sure if they'll do it the other way around. It'll cost around $1600-2000 to do, however, so i'm not sure if you really want to.

dodad
03-12-2006, 10:45 PM
How about shipping a seadoo is it as hard as a car?

Supa Dexta
03-12-2006, 10:51 PM
How 'bout I drive it down and you meet me? you pay for gas and food... Then you take me back home? SHOTGUN!

:rofl:

E36M3
03-12-2006, 11:48 PM
I shipped a car enclosed from Vancouver to San Francisco a couple months ago and it was $2250 CDN. If you don't mind it not being enclosed then you can do it a lot cheaper.

It cost about $500 to get it from Calgary to Vancouver. The company I used was Atlantis Motor Group out of Langley BC.

You'll have to drive it across the border yourself or post a bond for 10% of the value of the car to get it over.

max_boost
03-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Well looks like I have to forget about this option. Too much money!

James
03-13-2006, 01:04 AM
I'm Sorry buddy but this is one of the Funniest things I've heard in a while!:rofl: ...It's only 2 weeks, You can Rent something sweet In Vegas and The SLK will be fine at home!.......as long as I have the Keys!:D

E36M3
03-13-2006, 02:56 AM
You can rent an F355 or F360 long enough to get to the Hoover Dam and back for 4-600 bucks.. just do that once or twice instead, it would be a lot of fun and save you all that mileage.

Originally posted by max_boost
Well looks like I have to forget about this option. Too much money!

max_boost
03-13-2006, 10:44 AM
haha

Is there a website for the Ferrari rental? What are we looking at for security as I imagine they'll want like $30k in their hand or something :D

E36M3
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Nope. The place I rented from had like a 1k deposit I think.. there are a ton of them on the strip.

Rent-A-Vette is the nicest, but it is expensive and they don't do 4hr windows, only daily rates. They probably also require a deposit:

http://www.rent-a-vette.com/car-rental-rates.html

I can't remember the one I used, but if you walk around a bit you will find the ones that are easier to rent from. The cars are a bit beat up, but who cares?

Originally posted by max_boost
haha

Is there a website for the Ferrari rental? What are we looking at for security as I imagine they'll want like $30k in their hand or something :D