PDA

View Full Version : Ran another 10K race yesterday..

fast95pony
03-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I had a great time yesterday at the St Paddy's 10K.I said I would run with one of the girls I paced in the 10K clinic if she signed up for the race.She did , and we ran the race together. Her husband and friend dissappeared in front of us.We ran our own pace.About 8K she started tiring.I gave her lots of encouragement,and we actually passed a few runners coming to the finish.At the end she started bawling.She wanted to finish a 10K before her 40th birthday,which she did ! She hugged me,then her husband and her friend.Although we finished about 6 minutes slower than my best time,It was very rewarding for me .
The smile on her face was priceless..

My next race is in April,10K again. I'm going to try and beat my best time at this race (75mins , 02 secs) .

A790
03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
That's awesome man- that's what it's all about, just going out and having a good time!

BerserkerCatSplat
03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Right on, way to go!! :thumbsup:

madmazda
03-13-2006, 02:45 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2002civic
03-13-2006, 02:49 PM
awsome man:thumbsup:

GQBalla
03-13-2006, 02:50 PM
nice work!!!!!!

thats awesome!

hockeybronx
03-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks again for another update!

Yeah in the two races I've run I've been surprised how supportive and welcoming the running community is to each other. Even though everyone wants to be better, people still take the time to encourage you and cheer you on:thumbsup:

shakalaka
03-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Wow...I would love to run few of these long races. Just to see if I can cope up or no. Plus exercise, builds stamina and what not. I don't see anything bad in this from any angle, unless you faint and pass out. I am sure you must be shattered after all that running.

hockeybronx
03-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
I am sure you must be shattered after all that running.

After the races I've ran, I've gotten a huge energy kick. You know you are done and all that training led up to how you ran, then you go celebrate and hang out with the other people you ran with.

It's actually some pretty fun times:thumbsup:

fast95pony
03-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Wow...I would love to run few of these long races. Just to see if I can cope up or no. Plus exercise, builds stamina and what not. I don't see anything bad in this from any angle, unless you faint and pass out. I am sure you must be shattered after all that running.

Yeah , it's a good workout,but not too exhausting. I normally run about 80-100Kms a month. I've now lost 82lbs since July 2004,and hoping to lose another 40lbs this year,and run a half marathon in the fall :) .