PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a truck

Cypresskilla
03-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Looking to get a new truck now. I'm trying to decide between a couple. 2003 chevy 1500 ss, 2001 F150 harley Davidson, or a new 03 and up dodge ram. This truck will not be a hard work truck but never the less it has to be partical. any others i should consider

hockeybronx
03-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Nissan Titan would be my first choice if I were looking to buy a truck.:thumbsup:

barbarian
03-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Ford F-150 is a Consumer Guide Best Buy in its class.

Rockski
03-14-2006, 12:17 AM
out of your list right there, id say the 1500 SS but thats cause i love bowties

Mikey_008
03-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Nissan Titan!!!:thumbsup:

F0RD4X4
03-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Id Go for the F-150 lightning, it has a great sound system supercharged sittin in 20s with leather interior you cant go wrong.....id stay away from the 1500 ss if where you live gets snow....if you get heavy winters i would suggest something 4 wheel drive but thats my experience with trucks:hitit:

D. Dub
03-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Titan

Lexxan
03-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Titan. I'm getting one once the diesel arrives!

handsomebassman
03-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Titan, by far.

Car & Driver did a review of all full size trucks the year the titan first came out, and simply put the titan absolutly raped the american trucks, on its first year, from a company that has never built a fullsize truck before!

bluetek
03-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Lol I'd go for a Honda Ridgeline. Only have heard good things from them. They look pretty good too.

D. Dub
03-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by bluetek
Lol I'd go for a Honda Ridgeline. Only have heard good things from them. They look pretty good too.

thats not a truck

habsfan
03-21-2006, 08:57 PM
+1 for titan

bluetek
03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

thats not a truck

Ok buddy you keep thinking that. :thumbsup:

Its a good truck.

Rav4Guy
03-21-2006, 09:10 PM

Its a good truck.

uhhhh just because its big doesn't mean it's a truck. Its like an avalanche.. and that thing is NOT a truck. more of a crapolatruckwannabe. :D

legacyturbo
03-21-2006, 09:12 PM
I'd say stick with american trucks. theres a reason all the oil companies use american trucks and thats cuz they last better i know that toyota a year or so ago had to take back a whole fleet of their trucks from an oil company cuz they literally fell apart in a matter of months. Although i do think the nissan is better than toyota.. Anyhow just a question why not get a deisle??? close to the same price as an SS or harley ed but WAY MORE power with an extra 2g's in a chip intake and exhaust, My boss has a duramax with 490hp and 760tq and that thing hauls ass and when not on the super high horse power setting gets about 32mpg on the highway, also when you go to sell a deisle you get way more resale no matter what the km's but if you do get a deisle it better be a dodge or chev cuz fords are known to blow up with their deisles and resale on any ford is SHIT

bluetek
03-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy

uhhhh just because its big doesn't mean it's a truck. Its like an avalanche.. and that thing is NOT a truck. more of a crapolatruckwannabe. :D

UHHHHH.... Aren't you a breath of fresh air!!!! Nothing good to say at all! j/k

Ok the ridgeline is a PICKUP TRUCK. Motortrend name it truck of the year for 2006.

I think what you are trying to say but are having trouble is that under your "standards" it is not a truck or not a good one for that matter. If thats the case, take it up with Honda.

Bottom line no matter if you like it or not Honda classifies it as a truck. Better get use to it. I will add though when i drove it, it did not seem like i was driving a truck! More of a large sedan type of thing.

D. Dub
03-21-2006, 09:28 PM

Its a good truck.

The Honda is a crossover and a funny looking one at that.

Full size trucks have frames and V8's

Primer_Drift
03-21-2006, 09:35 PM
RIDGELINE!
I went shopping last month for a truck for my family, and I test drove every truck in its size class. I previously disliked the Ridgeline based solely on its appearance (which is why I drove it last of all), after the test drive I was sold on it. I can say in all honestly the Ridgeline is an awesome vehicle, #1 truck this year by far! Truck versatility blended with honda passenger comforts, unibody rigidity and excellent "car like" road handling.:love:

The bad of the Ridgeline is that it chugs gas in vtec, and has a poor turning radius.

I know its not exactly a fullsize truck, but whatever.

bluetek
03-21-2006, 09:35 PM

The Honda is a crossover and a funny looking one at that.

Full size trucks have frames and V8's

Good! That is your opinion which is ok cause this is a forum. Still though doesent mean its NOT a truck. :whocares:

:drama: I am not even going to bother with this anymore anyways. It must be too hard of a concept for you to wrap your head around. Anyway have a nice day.

bluetek
03-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
RIDGELINE!
I went shopping last month for a truck for my family, and I test drove every truck in its size class. I previously disliked the Ridgeline based solely on its appearance (which is why I drove it last of all), after the test drive I was sold on it. I can say in all honestly the Ridgeline is an awesome vehicle, #1 truck this year by far! Truck versatility blended with honda passenger comforts, unibody rigidity and excellent "car like" road handling.:love:

The bad of the Ridgeline is that it chugs gas in vtec, and has a poor turning radius.

Atta Boy!!!

mo_virgin
03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by legacyturbo
I'd say stick with american trucks. theres a reason all the oil companies use american trucks and thats cuz they last better i know that toyota a year or so ago had to take back a whole fleet of their trucks from an oil company cuz they literally fell apart in a matter of months. Although i do think the nissan is better than toyota.. Anyhow just a question why not get a deisle??? close to the same price as an SS or harley ed but WAY MORE power with an extra 2g's in a chip intake and exhaust, My boss has a duramax with 490hp and 760tq and that thing hauls ass and when not on the super high horse power setting gets about 32mpg on the highway, also when you go to sell a deisle you get way more resale no matter what the km's but if you do get a deisle it better be a dodge or chev cuz fords are known to blow up with their deisles and resale on any ford is SHIT

Do you know ANYTHING about the titan?

D. Dub
03-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Good! That is your opinion which is ok cause this is a forum. Still though doesent mean its NOT a truck. :whocares:

:drama: I am not even going to bother with this anymore anyways. It must be too hard of a concept for you to wrap your head around. Anyway have a nice day.

Full size trucks have ladder frames, full size beds and V8's.

The Ridgeline is a crossover.

D. Dub
03-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin

Do you know ANYTHING about the titan?

I gotta agree with that one. The Titan holds its own with any american product except for the diesels.

And I'm sure the diesel version (if it ever comes) will give detroit a run for its money

bluetek
03-21-2006, 09:47 PM

Calling it a crossover may be iffy and cutting it. Crossovers are things like Avalance, Escalade ext, subara baja, h2 sut. Nevertheless, even if you consider it that it is a crossover TRUCK. Keyword TRUCK.

I can see where you are going with this though man. Are you sure the Ridgeline is classified as a crossover?????? I dont knowww I didnt think it was.

D. Dub
03-21-2006, 09:57 PM

Calling it a crossover may be iffy and cutting it. Crossovers are things like Avalance, Escalade ext, subara baja, h2 sut. Nevertheless, even if you consider it that it is a crossover TRUCK. Keyword TRUCK.

I can see where you are going with this though man. Are you sure the Ridgeline is classified as a crossover?????? I dont knowww I didnt think it was.

I know Honda has called it a full size truck and so have the easily bribed and bought auto press.

But the facts are it still has a unibody frame, tiny bed, V6 and can only tow 5000lbs.

To me thats just not a full size truck :dunno:

That being said itsa a cool vehicle that has its own little niche.

sxtasy
03-21-2006, 10:03 PM
If your looking at a street/commuter truck, consider imports as well as domestics, but if you need to use your truck for hauling or heavy duty work, imports cant touch the domestics they dont have the payload or tow capacity

D. Dub
03-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy
If your looking at a street/commuter truck, consider imports as well as domestics, but if you need to use your truck for hauling or heavy duty work, imports cant touch the domestics they dont have the payload or tow capacity

The Titan does in spades

Primer_Drift
03-21-2006, 10:08 PM

The Ridgeline has a closed box frame (aka ladder frame) as well as a uni-body, comes with a V6 Automatic. Box length of 60.2 inches.

The GMC Sierra is a closed box frame + body, comes with several engine options including the Vortec 4300, which is a V6 (which coincidentally produces 52 less hp and only 15ft-lb more torque than the Ridgeline). Shortbox length of 69.2 inches, 9 inches more than the honda.

The Sierra is considered a full-size truck, even with the V6 and short box... so perhaps you need to rethink your definition of full size truck...

Stephen81
03-21-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure if a Tacoma 4-door would be considered a full-size truck :dunno: but I swear it's at least as big as the F-150. They offer it in a 4x2 Pre-runner and a 4x4 each with a good sized bed. Nobody has mentioned the Tundra either I think...I've never driven one, only sat in it. Decent power from the V8 (271HP/313TQ) but as with ALL Toyota trucks, they only offer front disc/rear drums :banghead:

D. Dub
03-21-2006, 10:14 PM

The Ridgeline has a closed box frame (aka ladder frame) as well as a uni-body, comes with a V6 Automatic. Box length of 60.2 inches.

The GMC Sierra is a closed box frame + body, comes with several engine options including the Vortec 4300, which is a V6 (which coincidentally produces 52 less hp and only 15ft-lb more torque than the Ridgeline). Shortbox length of 69.2 inches, 9 inches more than the honda.

The Sierra is considered a full-size truck, even with the V6 and short box... so perhaps you need to rethink your definition of full size truck...

The point is the Sierra is available in full size box and large V8.

sxtasy
03-21-2006, 10:18 PM

The Titan does in spades

:confused:

the Ridgeline is good for hauling mom around with soccer balls in the back, not so good when you actually need to put some weight in the back and bring it to the jobsite. It is a different "truck" for different purposes.

Sharpie
03-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Rockski
out of your list right there, id say the 1500 SS but thats cause i love bowties
:werd:
Not alot of GM fans in the crowd tonight....

ninspeed
03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
the ridgeline is frame on unibody construction.... however, its a weak frame and uses the unibody for its real strength... espically in a heavy colision.
Reason #1 why the nissan will never cut it as a WORK truck... body is built to tight, and not alowed to flex... if you are going to be haling heavy shit around, and hit bumps... you are going to fuck it up... i ahve all ready had to repaint the fenders, and frt doors of one cuas they where chiped to shit from the fender hitting the doors... (i also noted some damage from the box hitting the cab... but nissan would not cover that...

I couls sit here all day and tell you why the import trucks will not cut it as work units all day.. but thats not what you want... at the end of the day...

2005+ F-350 harley or the Silverado SS

Kobe
03-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
Nissan Titan would be my first choice if I were looking to buy a truck.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Graham_A_M
03-21-2006, 11:54 PM
I used to have a Chevy S-10 with 820,000 kilometers on it. I sold it because I was thoroughly sick of driving it, and it being as rusty as it was, it was getting pretty humiliating. EVEN at 820,000. The steering way ROCK SOLID and the suspension was tight. Asides from regular stuff like the struts going, and things like the alternator & starter: the ONLY thing that was ever rebuilt/replaced on it was the engine at 450,000. That was IT!

The new owner [a buddy of mine] has it up to 950,000 kilometers (I sold it three years ago) and its still going strong. It should roll over before 2007 hopefully. (I'm really hoping so)

Honestly, long live the bow-tie. I'd like to see a toy-truck like the ridgeline, tundra or the titan do even HALF THAT. and run as good as that S-10 would..... every day, snow or shine. It just would go and do whatever and take it. (I brought it at 750,000) so I dont know how good it ran exactly, but thats NUTS.

Long live Chev. I'd wait until 2008, There will be the Colorado SS which is an LS2 powered Colorado.
VEHICLE HIGHLIGHTS:

LS2 6.0L V-8 with 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. torque that exhales through a custom-built performance exhaust from the catalyst rearward
Heavy-duty 4L70-E four-speed automatic transmission with floor shifter
Heavy-duty 9.5-inch rear axle with a locking differential for added traction and a short 3.73:1 rear axle ratio for rapid acceleration.
Weighing in at under 3,500lbs and with Front disc brakes measuring over 12 inches that are sourced from the full-size Chevrolet Silverado; rear disc brakes from the Chevrolet TrailBlazer; the SS should have no trouble hauling to a stop.
Lowered suspension riding on brushed nickel-plated 20-inch Silverado SS rims
Stylized interior with unique trim, bezels, and seats
Custom exterior package with unique grille, fascias, flares, rocker extensions and tonneau cover.

http://sporttruck.com/featuredvehicles/chevy/0602st_stuf_05_z.jpg

Stephen81
03-21-2006, 11:58 PM
I read about the Colorado SS, looks awesome!:thumbsup: As for the longevity, I've heard of certain cars getting up to seriously high mileage before but unless I was planning on owning the vehicle for even 300K+ kms I wouldn't consider that in issue when shopping for a vehicle.

Aleks
03-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Stick with Domestic trucks for anything other than city driving. But sounds like you are not going to do much work with it so it's really a thing of preference.

Rav4Guy
03-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Reliability from Consumer Reports:

PICKUPS

The Toyota Tundra and the new Honda Ridgeline earned the top Ratings. The redesigned 2005 Toyota Tacoma V6 rated just average, but the four-cylinder Tacoma was above average. The Nissan Titan dropped from average and is now in the worst list. The Ford F-150 continued to score below average.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023544

Rav4Guy
03-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by stephen_haxton
I read about the Colorado SS, looks awesome!:thumbsup: As for the longevity, I've heard of certain cars getting up to seriously high mileage before but unless I was planning on owning the vehicle for even 300K+ kms I wouldn't consider that in issue when shopping for a vehicle.

Its not all about the longevity of a automobile, its about how often it'll break.

teknical
03-22-2006, 01:12 PM
I'd say the titan for sure imo. Depending on what your looking for, the titan comes in all types of trucks. King Cab SE, LE, and the Offroad. As well as the Crew Cab, SE, LE and Offroad. The truck itself runs 305hp/385tq. And has a towing capacity of 9600lbs.

If the titan is to big for you, why not consider the Frontier? The frontier isnt as big, not as much power, but its a very nice little truck, and the C/C Nismo 6speed is a very fun truck to drive :D

Thats just my opinion, I would not buy a domestic truck after driving the titan, but thats just me.

handsomebassman
03-22-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by legacyturbo
Anyhow just a question why not get a deisle??? close to the same price as an SS or harley ed but WAY MORE power with an extra 2g's in a chip intake and exhaust, My boss has a duramax with 490hp and 760tq and that thing hauls ass and when not on the super high horse power setting gets about 32mpg on the highway, also when you go to sell a deisle you get way more resale no matter what the km's but if you do get a deisle it better be a dodge or chev cuz fords are known to blow up with their deisles and resale on any ford is SHIT

i laughed so hard, that i think two drops of piss came out, lol :rofl:

rony_espana
03-22-2006, 01:20 PM
I would recommend anything diesel!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/rony_espana/80_1_b.jpg

DonJuan
03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Through my work I get to drive alot of vehicles, and some trucks too. The F150 has a nice interior but for some reason, always seems to be struggling, your foot is always on the floor and your going nowhere fast, this makes it a comfortable truck, but no good for doing trucky things like the towing hauling etc (much like the Ridgline). The Sierras and Silverado's we get have the 5.3 V8 and is much better, the interior is much more spartan, but a much better worktruck and VERY easy to drive park etc (this thing is really smooth and so easy to drive in any situation). The 6.0 and Duramax I have also driven and have the same quality and ease of driving but with more kick. By far hower the best all around in terms of both comfort and power is the Titan, it's got storage EVERYWHERE which makes it much like the Avalanche, but I've never seen anything gas engine tow with as much ease as this does, even in the 6.0 GM you know your towing somthin, while in this Titan your load seems light as a feather (raced a civic with it towing my bro's heavy ass S10 and it was still no contest). I've only yeard good things about the Tundra but alas have never been afforded a drive in one. The only other option is the dodge then, which I havn't driven recently, but I just don't like dodge, could be the resale could be the fact the have to rely on outdated gimmics to sell vehicles, i dunno. And the reason why the Rigdeline isn't a truck is because it doesn't do truck things, like Tow, Haul, OFF ROAD (AWD<4WD), etc. And worst of all you have to tell your buddies that you bought a Ridgeline and proceed to try and sway them that it is a truck and not your wifes soccer ball hauler. Which is why it cant even be compared with the Tacoma, and the Frontier, Ranger, Canyon etc because that can to some degree do all of those things and owning one won't get you made fun of.
hmm, didn't mean for this get long.

kaput
03-22-2006, 01:58 PM

DeeK
03-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Car and Driver did a review and came out that the 2004 ridgeline was the worst truck they tested and also the most expensive.

When they retested it again with the 2006 models, it came out much better, mind you they test it against a bunch of CRAP shitboxes.

I'd say go with the titan.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=9470&page_number=8

Rockski
03-22-2006, 02:20 PM

thats not a truck

thats pretty much it:thumbsup:

why not just go for a year or 2 old sierra? that would fit the bill

blitz
03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DeeK
Car and Driver did a review and came out that the 2004 ridgeline was the worst truck they tested and also the most expensive.

When they retested it again with the 2006 models, it came out much better, mind you they test it against a bunch of CRAP shitboxes.

I'd say go with the titan.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&amp;article_id=9470&amp;page_number=8

So the Tacoma, Frontier, Canyon, & Dakota are ALL crap shitboxes? :rolleyes:

I thought '06 was the first year for the Ridgeline? What's this about an '04?

bluetek
03-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Yes I am pretty sure that the Honda Ridgeline's debut was with the 2006 Model.

Aleks
03-22-2006, 05:07 PM
yeah "DEISLE" For the win :rofl:

D. Dub
03-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Reliability from Consumer Reports:

PICKUPS

The Toyota Tundra and the new Honda Ridgeline earned the top Ratings. The redesigned 2005 Toyota Tacoma V6 rated just average, but the four-cylinder Tacoma was above average. The Nissan Titan dropped from average and is now in the worst list. The Ford F-150 continued to score below average.

http://autos.msn.com/advice/CRArt.aspx?contentid=4023544

Consumer reports is at best an opinion.

Graham_A_M
03-22-2006, 06:40 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1461419#post1461419

Hope that helps, 2001 Silverado.

Primer_Drift
03-22-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
<snip> And the reason why the Rigdeline isn't a truck is because it doesn't do truck things, like Tow, Haul, OFF ROAD (AWD&lt;4WD), etc. And worst of all you have to tell your buddies that you bought a Ridgeline and proceed to try and sway them that it is a truck and not your wifes soccer ball hauler. Which is why it cant even be compared with the Tacoma, and the Frontier, Ranger, Canyon etc because that can to some degree do all of those things and owning one won't get you made fun of.
hmm, didn't mean for this get long.

:rofl:
Ignorant much?

I'll stack my Ridgeline up against any of those you listed and come out on top for quality, comfort, resale and practicality. It's not AWD either, it is VTM-4WD with electronic diff lock-up.

Ridgeline standard towing capacity: 5000lbs
Ridgeline standard payload capacity: 1550lbs

Tacoma 4x4 standard towing capacity: 5000lbs (6500lbs optional)
Tacoma 4x4 maximum payload capacity:1395lbs

Frontier V6 4x4 standard towing capacity: 6300lbs
Frontier V6 4x4 maximum payload capacity: 1367lbs

Ranger Supercab 4x4 towing capacity: 5830lbs estimated
Ranger best maximum payload capacity: 1440lbs

Canyon I-5 best maximum towing capacity:4000lbs
Canyon Ext-cab 4x4 maximum payload capacity:1523lbs

Some reading material for ya...
http://www.hondanews.com/catID2138?mid=2005020138837&mime=asc

/Rant

Whatever truck you decide upon good luck with it!:thumbsup:

sxtasy
03-22-2006, 11:02 PM

:rofl:
Ignorant much?
Ridgeline standard towing capacity: 5000lbs
Ridgeline standard payload capacity: 1550lbs

Whatever truck you decide upon good luck with it!:thumbsup:
guess it depends on what you define as truck
my Sierra towing capacity 10500lbs
Sierra payload 3200lbs

if you need a commuter truck that does light duty hauling (soccer balls;)) then maybe consider the Ridgeline.

Weapon_R
03-22-2006, 11:06 PM
After owning 2 GMC Sierras in the past 3 years, i've got to give my vote to them. They are very well built trucks. I'd have to give the new F150 the nod if you are looking for the most value and best looks IMO

cman
03-22-2006, 11:08 PM
If you want hauling you have to go GM.
Ford is well, Ford.
Dodge are proven not to last long though the price is great.
Imports and heavy duty don't fit together to well IMO.

I would say off your list the 1500, as Rockski said a Sierra would be an outstanding choice. Diesel if you want to extra hardcore obviously.
good luck

Primer_Drift
03-22-2006, 11:36 PM

guess it depends on what you define as truck
my Sierra towing capacity 10500lbs
Sierra payload 3200lbs

if you need a commuter truck that does light duty hauling (soccer balls;)) then maybe consider the Ridgeline.

Ah my point exactly. The Taco, frontier, Ranger and Canyon are all accepted as trucks, but when the Ridgeline is mentioned people discount it completely out of hand without considering the facts. There is no doubt in my mind that the big 3 domestic truck makers lead the way for towing and payload in heavy duty trucks, no contest there... As far as medium duty trucks are concerned, the Ridgeline does not disappoint.

Haha oh yeah.. FYI the ridgeline can haul roughly 1550 regulation 16oz soccer balls, which in theory, is more balls than any Soccer Mom would ever need behind her :poosie:

Stephen81
03-22-2006, 11:48 PM
+ 1 for the Ridgeline. The first time I saw it I wasn't too taken but the more i read about it and see it on the road the more I like it!:thumbsup:

sxtasy
03-22-2006, 11:54 PM

Haha oh yeah.. FYI the ridgeline can haul roughly 1550 regulation 16oz soccer balls, which in theory, is more balls than any Soccer Mom would ever need behind her :poosie:
thats a lotta balls:D

Rockski
03-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by cman
If you want hauling you have to go GM.
Ford is well, Ford.
Dodge are proven not to last long though the price is great.
Imports and heavy duty don't fit together to well IMO.

I would say off your list the 1500, as Rockski said a Sierra would be an outstanding choice. Diesel if you want to extra hardcore obviously.
good luck

whoo not only rockski and cman approved, but also jose aprroved too

Rav4Guy
03-23-2006, 07:44 AM
mind you.. people get off topic so easily. Read the first post and answer the question instead of bickering back and forth.

Ridgeline is a wussy tuck. It tries to be a car.. a truck.. a minivan... wtf is it?

anyways, it all depends on if your keeping the truck.. you tow alot.. you want reliability.. looks... workmanship...resale value.

blitz
03-23-2006, 08:36 AM
mind you.. people get off topic so easily. Read the first post and answer the question instead of bickering back and forth.

Ridgeline is a wussy tuck. It tries to be a car.. a truck.. a minivan... wtf is it?

anyways, it all depends on if your keeping the truck.. you tow alot.. you want reliability.. looks... workmanship...resale value.

Exactly, he didn't say he needed if for towing or hauling soccer balls. There are different trucks for different needs.

I bought a midsized truck because I just needed offroad ability and wasn't planning on hauling anything huge. I wanted a Taco, but a CC 6spd TRD just seemed too damn expensive, especially with the 5.9% financing. My GM was 8k cheaper plus 0.9% financing for 60 months with 0 down.

I'm not disappointed with my GM, I've put 25k on it in the last 6months without one problem, but I went into this knowing I'd get a new truck when this one hits 100,000. I'll probably replace it with a Taco.

When you take hauling out of the picture, there's a lot of benefits to a midsized truck instead of fullsized.

Graham_A_M
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
My bosses 1993 Dodge Dually Diesel has 645,000 on it, it still runs great, even though its been tuned to 540hp or so.

I think Dodges are reliable too. :thumbsup:

Rav4Guy
03-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
My bosses 1993 Dodge Dually Diesel has 645,000 on it, it still runs great, even though its been tuned to 540hp or so.

I think Dodges are reliable too. :thumbsup:

not all of them are unreliable.... it's a large portion of them that are.

DonJuan
03-24-2006, 01:48 PM
thats a lotta balls:D
too bad the person driving it doesn't have any.:rofl: