PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Jeep TJ/YJ

ecstasy_civic
03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Helping my buddy find something fun for summer

Hes looking for a Jeep TJ or YJ.

Doesnt really want to spend alot, so I guess just post what you have and we'll go from there.

BuknBronco
03-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Try 4wheeler.ca . There is usually a couple jeeps on there for sale

gotti17
03-13-2006, 06:14 PM
haha i just broke a window to a Tj :D twas fun :D

ecstasy_civic
03-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by gotti17
haha i just broke a window to a Tj :D twas fun :D

thats great:thumbsup:

dont post if youve got nothing:devil:

ecstasy_civic
03-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Bump

handsomebassman
03-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I have one, and will sell if price is alright.

Edit: sorry, keeping it now to finish my project.

ecstasy_civic
03-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by handsomebassman
I have one, and will sell if price is alright.

Pm me with whatcha got:poosie:

kowalsy
03-21-2006, 10:28 AM
check out this link, Jeep is in Edmonton...
http://www.calgaryjeep.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2144

handsomebassman
03-21-2006, 10:29 AM
^^^ 6 grand isnt that great 2.5L 4 banger YJ with stock axles and 170'000kms.

6 grand SHOULD get you either a 97-98 tj stock(or mildly built) and it WILL get you a very well built XJ, YJ or CJ. If your friend needs help checking out any trucks and what to look out for, what parts go first and need inspection, etc, just pm me.

I would not suggest the 2.5L over the 4.0L. The 4.0 L and 4.2L have been in use forever and are great engines, cheap to fix, and easy to work on.

kowalsy
03-21-2006, 10:45 AM
WTF makes you a guru on Jeeps? I know, because you drive one and that automatically makes you an expert right? 6 grand will buy you a roughed up TJ that's been beat to shit, stock and no mods.. Prove me wrong moron. The 4.0L have been used forever yes, but doesn't mean you should discount the 2.5 It can keep it up with a 4.0 anyday on the trails with the right gearing and will see better MPG in town; the 4.2L engine hasn't been used for around 15 years.. why? Because it's carbureted. Yeah they make awesome off-road vehicles when climbing inclines.. If you like stalling out. Go for the reliability of a fuel injected. Didn't we already have this debate once handsomebassman? You just don't give up do you? For $6 grand that's a nicely set up jeep, and every jeeper beside you I guess knows those 2.5's are strong as shit and will last forever.

handsomebassman
03-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by kowalsy
WTF makes you a guru on Jeeps? I know, because you drive one and that automatically makes you an expert right? 6 grand will buy you a roughed up TJ that's been beat to shit, stock and no mods.. Prove me wrong moron. The 4.0L have been used forever yes, but doesn't mean you should discount the 2.5 It can keep it up with a 4.0 anyday on the trails with the right gearing and will see better MPG in town; the 4.2L engine hasn't been used for around 15 years.. why? Because it's carbureted. Yeah they make awesome off-road vehicles when climbing inclines.. If you like stalling out. Go for the reliability of a fuel injected. Didn't we already have this debate once handsomebassman? You just don't give up do you? For $6 grand that's a nicely set up jeep, and every jeeper beside you I guess knows those 2.5's are strong as shit and will last forever.

lol, wow guy, chill. First of all, my 4.2L does anything a 4.0L can thanks to a holley truck avenger carb, it just cant run upside down. And no, that jeep is not a nicely set up jeep. What moron puts a 4 inch lift on a YJ and does NOT get a slip joke elimator. Unless the person who buys this truck LOVES replacing U-Joints and having the rear driveshaft vibrate like hell at highspeeds and be at an extreme angle that is. Stock bumpers with no winch, one top, almost two generations behind, etc, ill keep going if you still wanna fight about it all.

Second you comment on 6 grand tj.

Well here is a link to a 97 tj, with 8" Rubicon Coils, Rock Krawler Long Arm, SYE, 35" MTR's, 9000# Winch. Rubicon H/D Track bar and bracket, Rubicon Steel Braided Brake Lines, lots of aftermarket and well built and its only 8900 obo.
http://www.calgaryjeep.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1903

Third, your comment on how 2.5s are strong as shit etc, the most COMMONLY heard bitch remark about someones jeep is that they hate the fact that they have the 2.5L 4 bangers that have no torque whatsoever to turn their 31's, 33's, 35's in the mud or on challenging trails.

:rolleyes: :D ;)

Kowalsky, i did not know that that was your jeep in that ad, i thought you were just linking to it, so i was just giving my honest opinion on it to help the thread maker out. I did not mean to offend your ride, and would not have if i had of known it was yours.

But just to add, there is a HUGE difference between the little four bangers 139 ft/lbs @3250 and the 220 ft/lbs @4000 on the 4.2.

Heres a good little guide for you

AMC 150 I4
Bore x Stroke 3.88" x 3.19"
Displacement 150ci (2.5L)
Compression Ratio 9.1:1
Horsepower (net) 123@5250
Torque (net) 139@3250
Main Bearings 5
Valve Configuration OHV
Fuel MPI

AMC 258 I6
Bore x Stroke 3.75" x 3.90"
Displacement 258 (4.2L)
Compression Ratio 8.5:1
Horsepower (gross) 150@3800
Torque (gross) 240@1800
Main Bearings 7
Valve Configuration OHV
Fuel 1bbl Carter or Holley

4.0L I6
Bore x Stroke 3.88" x 3.41"
Displacement 242 (4.0L)
Compression Ratio 8.8:1
Horsepower (net) 185@4750
Torque (net) 220@4000
Main Bearings 7
Valve Configuration OHV
Fuel MPI

WTF makes you a guru on Jeeps? I know, because you drive one and that automatically makes you an expert right?

And no, its because its my job.

kowalsy
03-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Well whether it was my Jeep or not, you still tried putting it down like it was not worth anything near the asking price. If you actually opened your eyes instead of trash talking off the hop, you would have seen that the original post said he was looking at "Helping my buddy find something fun for summer" Key word fun, not a jeep with 8" coils and built to drive up a mountain side.
- Secondly you comment about the SYE kit, I had that lift on for 2 years, off-roaded where I could and didn’t break a U-joint, pull the driveshaft out of the yoke and experienced no vibrations at highway speeds:thumbsup: I simply posted this an option for the person looking for a Jeep. Not for some third party person to downgrade to shit. How about you post some links to other jeeps for sale to help this guy out maybe, and id focus on the 4.2L because there such torque monster’s! It’s just too bad they lick ass on the highways. Heavy ass engine, 150HP and shit gears from the factory make that thing a dog!

handsomebassman
03-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Well whether it was my Jeep or not, you still tried putting it down like it was not worth anything near the asking price. If you actually opened your eyes instead of trash talking off the hop, you would have seen that the original post said he was looking at "Helping my buddy find something fun for summer" Key word fun, not a jeep with 8" coils and built to drive up a mountain side.
- Secondly you comment about the SYE kit, I had that lift on for 2 years, off-roaded where I could and didn’t break a U-joint, pull the driveshaft out of the yoke and experienced no vibrations at highway speeds:thumbsup: I simply posted this an option for the person looking for a Jeep. Not for some third party person to downgrade to shit. How about you post some links to other jeeps for sale to help this guy out maybe, and id focus on the 4.2L because there such torque monster’s! It’s just too bad they lick ass on the highways. Heavy ass engine and shit gears from the factory make that thing a dog!

I agree with your part about a fun jeep, not one with 8 inch coils, etc. Its just habit, because i talk on the offroad forums more than on here, so i naturally assume thats what they are looking for.

And i dont know HOW you had that lift on there without the SYE kit, and didnt break/wear out any ujoints, because i STILL have to change mine on the odd ocassion with a SYE. But please tell me you are at least using axle shims...

and i noticed how you bashed the 4.2

he 4.2L engine hasn't been used for around 15 years.. why? Because it's carbureted. Yeah they make awesome off-road vehicles when climbing inclines.. If you like stalling out. Go for the reliability of a fuel injected.

and then when i post those numbers up...lol

and id focus on the 4.2L because there such torque monster’s!

Oh well, tis all good. Now when you say shit gears, will HIGHLY agree with you, but ONLY for the french peugeot BA 10/15 5speed tranny used in the 87-88 yj's before they started using the solid built AX-15 manufactured by Aisin in Japan, and ESPECIALLY the 94+ AX-15 when they finally moved the slave cylinder out of the bellhousing.

Another thing your friend should look out for ecstasy_civic is what Transfer Case is under the vehicle he's buying, and what condition the chain is in. Stay away from the NP207 in 87 wranglers, because the NP231 they started using after that is very well built.