PDA

View Full Version : Calgary's Drivers

creeper
03-13-2006, 06:50 PM
The driving in this city is UNBELIEVABLE. People like to take things pretty fucking easy on these roads, likely because their minds only work as fast as they drive. Examples: the assholes who tailgate the shit out of you in playground/school zones, the fucking braindead old rotten women who are out cruising their Lincoln or Park Avenue on Glenmore at 5 PM on a Monday, or the ugly pukeface fuckers who go 30 km/h on Elbow, talking on a cellphone, reading a book, putting on their makeup, and of course - touching up their orange, catchers-mitt tan. This is such bullshit in this town. I have never seen more insanely bad driving - ANYWHERE. Why don't they just charge MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more for a license, so all of these useless old fucking women have to take the BUS to Walmart to buy used panythose?

At this point, I am absolutely convinced that my life is infact, a reality television show like 'The Truman Show'. Maybe I have bad luck, but if you were witness to the driving I have seen around here on a daily basis, you would be convinced too. They MUST be doing it on purpose, because there is no way - honestly - that you could REALLY drive like that. What bullshit.

The driving in Calgary is *horrendous*.
Oh, and for anyone, ANYONE - with a minivan ... FUCK YOU.

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Mazstyle
03-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Yea I love when I'm on deerfoot and the car ahead of me is swerving all over, then I change lanes and pass and it's some stupid bitch on a cell phone. That drives me nuts.

khtm
03-13-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm guessing you've never driven in any other major city in Canada?

Montreal...WAY WORSE
Toronto...WAY WORSE
Vancouver...WAY WORSE
Edmonton...WTF ARE YOU DOING IN EDMONTON ANYWAYS??

69cougar
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
:drama:

l8braker
03-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Props for this thread, NONE of us have any idea about these drivers you speak of already :rolleyes: :thumbsup: This is all news to me

creeper
03-13-2006, 07:02 PM
khtm, you make a good point. The driving in Ottawa, I have found is absoutely unbearable.

Has anyone seen that? Umm .... how the fucking traffic lights have NO MEANING. Red, green, yellow - whatever, they don't give a shit. I've never seen more traffic problems caused by people not stopping when it turns yellow, and then very, very, alarmingly red - when it's SOLID RED - STOP! SOLID RED MEANS STOP!

The assholes turning from Macleod into Chinook mall don't seem to realize that yes, just because you need to get to Old Navy of fucking whatever, RED STILL MEANS STOP!

Calgary is getting really bad for that, where people catch the "tail end" of the light, when really the light is completely, solid red, and has been for quite some time.

And then the other assholes who don't lay on the horn and speen forward, what the fuck is wrong with them!? But Ottawa, Ottawa was eye-rollingly bad for that, trucks and cabbies and minivans fucking EVERYWHERE in the intersection when the light turns red, because they just don't stop. Oh well, maybe those red bastards out there have gone color blind because of all the Liberal propoganda. :whipped:

And yeah, as for those other cities - I have never had the mispleasure of driving in any of them, but have certainly been treated to some of the SHITTIEST cab driving ever, and - well, you all know what it's like already.

Holy shit cab drivers are terrible. That much practice, and still - fucking unreal. Piece of shit cab drivers, FUCK YOU TOO!

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

khtm
03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
I think we should ban automatic transmissions in Canada so people start paying attention to driving again rather than everything *but* driving. :thumbsup:

Not saying that M/T drivers don't make mistakes, but it's frickin' hard to shift gears while you're talking on a cell phone, drinking coffee, and putting on lipstick.

shawtie
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
I friggin hate driving in this city.....I cant belive people are honestly so stupid........its no wonder I have bad road rage!! LOL

derek123
03-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by khtm

Montreal...WAY WORSE
Toronto...WAY WORSE
Vancouver...WAY WORSE

creeper, maybe time to move back to balzac ?

viffer
03-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah I totally agree with you.

I hate snobby euro car drivers the most though.

Maybe you should go wipe the sand out of your vagina??

Sorath
03-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I think we should ban automatic transmissions in Canada so people start paying attention to driving again rather than everything *but* driving. :thumbsup:

Not saying that M/T drivers don't make mistakes, but it's frickin' hard to shift gears while you're talking on a cell phone, drinking coffee, and putting on lipstick.

maybe for you it is....

Graham_A_M
03-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by creeper

Holy shit cab drivers are terrible. That much practice, and still - fucking unreal. Piece of shit cab drivers, FUCK YOU TOO!

It depends what kind of cab. "Black top" and "Advance cab co" are the worst by far. I work for a limo company that is owned by Checker cabs (which also own Red top, yellow and now Co-op)

All the horrid people that drive like cocks, and rip off customers, get fired from Checker, then go straight over to Advance or black top. Its amazing how idiotic some of these guys are. totally insulting on the road.

What drives me FUCKING NUTS is people running red lights when they turn left. that irks me to no end. I feel like buying an old 1980's Silverado and building a beefy front end just "NAILING IT"
when the light turns green. If you hit somebody, hey: THEY ran the red light eh?

nismodrifter
03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I USED to think that Calgary was bad. After living in Saskatoon 8 months of the year I will say that Saskatchewan drivers are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse than anybody in AB. No question about it. Red Light = GO! :nut:

Thugs drifting around everywhere.
Eminem type thugs driving POS's with subs blasting.
Ricers driving with mega gangster lean.
Old people who can barely walk...yet think they can drive.
FOB's who have no idea of how to drive in winter time.
Drunk natives stumbling in the middle of the road.
Nobody stops for pedestrians and when I do I get stared at.

The list could go on and on.....

shawtie
03-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

just "NAILING IT" when the light turns green. If you hit somebody, hey: THEY ran the red light eh?

I have wanted to do that MANY times!!!!!!!!!!!!

FishPoo
03-13-2006, 08:24 PM
I just saw someone today at Crowchild and Nose Hill decide to gun a red light because he thought it was his turn.

Stupidest thing was, the car behind him also went. So stupid. They're halfway in the intersection before they realize its still red and start to reverse back while traffic has to wait for them to get out of the way.

TeamBestBud
03-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

Thugs drifting around everywhere.
Amitabh Bachan type thugs driving POS's with subs blasting.
Ricers driving with mega gangster lean.
Old people who can barely walk...yet think they can drive.
FOB's who have no idea of how to drive in winter time.
Drunk punjabs stumbling in the middle of the road.
Nobody stops for pedestrians and when I do I get stared at.

The list could go on and on.....

i apologize

frostyda9
03-13-2006, 08:44 PM

The assholes turning from Macleod into Chinook mall don't seem to realize that yes, just because you need to get to Old Navy of fucking whatever, RED STILL MEANS STOP!

Very true. The part that drives me absolutely fucking nuts is after you turn in there - and you have a green light, while the cars perpendicular to you have stop signs. Every fucking time I proceed on the green, some asswipe is laying on the horn and freaking out like I am in the wrong.

Also - the cocksuckers who either think A) they are going to get to the 4 way stop before you, so they slow down a little, but drive through the stop, or B) in an effort to beat you to the 4 way stop, they slam on the brakes 15 feet before where they should have stopped, and then proceed to cut in front of you.

/bitching

edit: oh, and the dickweeds who think it's ok to go 27km/h on Sifton Blvd (or in any other PG zone) at 6:45 AM....nearly 2 hours before the playground zone goes into effect. 8:30AM till one hour after sunset, people :whipped:

SwitchBlade
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Cry me a river try driving on the 400 series highways into Toronto during rushhour.

Team_Mclaren
03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
welcome to the road, where people do stupid shits.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-13-2006, 09:40 PM
Compared to other places like Montreal, Calgary drivers are goddamn saints.

b_t
03-13-2006, 09:59 PM
word

about that gettin in on the tail end of a light thing, ha fuck that! not so bad! today I saw an Avalanche who didn't seem to understand the concept of a flashing red light (when the control box is wrecked or something, these particular lights flash red for North-South and yellow for east-west), just went through the intersection, and got PLOOOOOOWED by another truck. They had to use the jaws of life to get him out, I don't even know if he made it.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/RTGAMArticleHTMLTemplate/B/20060313/crash?brand=generic&hub=&tf=CFCNPlus/generic/hubs/frontpage.html&cf=CFCNPlus/generic/hubs/frontpage.cfg&slug=crash&date=20060313&archive=CFCNPlus&ad_page_name=&nav=home&subnav=fullstory&site_cfcn=http://calgary.ctv.ca

apparently he did, but the person who hit him had to get airlifted to the hospital.

t-im
03-13-2006, 10:07 PM
hmm...

I almost T boned a guy in downtown (4 in the afternoon) who decided to run a red light..which was fairly ODD because it was green for me for quite awhile..and the guy suddenly just goes through the intersection!

shawtie
03-13-2006, 10:15 PM
I did t-bone someone who decided to turn when her light turned red and mine turned green ....... she said she was in a hurry to get back to mcdonalds cause she forgot her purse....
she came running over to my car saying im sorry im sorry and hugged me ..... both cars were written off..... stupid biatch!!!

gp36912
03-13-2006, 10:18 PM
whats worse is stupid bitches that thing because they are a women or they are w/e go super slow, then slam on the brakes to try to get ya and then finger you when you pass them... happened to me again this morning going up 14th, turn lane, some stupid dike was going 30 in the merge lane, and i left 2 car spaces between us. she slams on her brakes to try to "scare" me then when i pass her she fingers me like i was doing something wrong.... we were going 30 i had just merged behind her, and she fingers me because she was going 30, i was going 40 and the speed limit was 60.... i wish she would go try that in forest lawn and see if her windshields would survive it.

gp36912
03-13-2006, 10:20 PM
and the way she was looking was like i was wrong.... she had no cars in front of her and she was trying to merge into traffic going that is going at 60 while shes going at 30.... by the time we finally got out it was a red light and thats when she fingered me, i was so close just to go like this :poosie: and then merge in front of her and slam on the brakes, see how she likes it.

SaturnV
03-13-2006, 10:23 PM

Montreal...WAY WORSE
Toronto...WAY WORSE
Vancouver...WAY WORSE

:werd:

Whenever I think Calgary's drivers are bad I take a trip to Montreal or Vancouver. It is so much better here, with the exception of the few beauty queens who think the drivers seet is a day spa.

pressure_ratio
03-14-2006, 04:25 AM
Don't worry folks...we've got the CPS doing their best to give all those street racers with oversized exhausts tickets.And multi-nova to get all the speeders.
:drama:

I must be decencitized or somthing(mind you i don't commute in rush hour thank god).I knew we had bad drivers here but some of these stories :eek:

SilverBoost
03-14-2006, 11:04 AM
this thread is funny cause its true

slyguy
03-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Everyone SPEED the FUCK UP !!!!

:guns:

Nufy
03-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
this thread is funny cause its true

This thread is funny because it is about
what....

Thread # 879,7654,635,673...

About calgary Drivers.

There seems to be new one every second week.

Minivans, Ricers, Sports cars, Dodge Ram trucks, SUV's...

Im sure you could search and find one about every car on the road today.........

I want my five minutes back..............

DeeK
03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
I'm originally from Toronto, and yes the 401 is REALLY bad... They have WAY worse drivers.

However, per population Calgary is the worst city.. T.O has bad drivers yes, but compared to the amount of people on the road they are a lower percentage. Calgary has a huge percentage.

Now, I can't remember the group that did the study, but they proved it (I don't know how) that calgary has the worst drivers/per population,

I have crazy road rage. Mostly because I live in the FAR NW, and I work in the FAR SE. Since I started my job there a while back I don't think there is a day that has gone by where I haven't feared for my life. I'm almost afraid to drive my Corrado for fear that it could get written off at any time.

slyguy
03-14-2006, 11:52 AM
stfu newfy .. damn u maritime slow ass drivers...

KLCC
03-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Compared to other places like Montreal, Calgary drivers are goddamn saints.

Amen, Driving in Calgary is pretty relaxing....if you have been to any other major metropolis (i.e. New York, Chinatown (Vancouver, weekend) or Taipei). Driving in Calgary would've been a walk in the park for you. Sooner or later you are going to drive bumper to bumper with other cars and cut off to people frequently(or be cut off by other people) in order to move around the city as more people moving in. I guess such is life.... oh well~~

check out what I have to face every day (on the way to work)

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3096/01taipeitraffic3ql.jpg

3G
03-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by KLCC

Amen, Driving in Calgary is pretty relaxing....if you have been to any other major metropolis (i.e. New York, Chinatown (Vancouver, weekend) or Taipei). Driving in Calgary would've been a walk in the park for you. Sooner or later you are going to drive bumper to bumper with other cars and cut off to people frequently(or be cut off by other people) in order to move around the city as more people moving in. I guess such is life.... oh well~~

check out what I have to face every day (on the way to work)

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3096/01taipeitraffic3ql.jpg

hahaha reminds me of beirut

RX-7_TWINTURBO
03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
on my way to work this morning there was a car in the left lane of john laurie goin at leat 15-20 kms under the speed limt, holding up traffic and swerving all over the place. I finally got around this car and saw that it was some stupid fucking bitch putting on her makeup !! :banghead:

all i can say is that some people are lucky that i dont own a firearm :guns: :guns:

CrvenaZvezda
03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
i agree with all of u guys, but as much as i hate to admit it, when we had the big snow fall most of the accidents i saw were caused by males... oh god that hurts to say.:cry:

heavyD
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM

Montreal...WAY WORSE
Toronto...WAY WORSE
Vancouver...WAY WORSE

I kind of like Montreal drivers. Reminds me of Europe. To us it may seem chaotic but everyone there is on the same page so it works. Problem with Calgary is that nobody is on the same page:

-You have the zig zaggers that are going in and out of lanes trying to save 10 seconds yet you end up passing them later down the road because they screwed themselves over by changing one lane too many.
-The slow ass fuckers that travel in the wrong lane at speeds well below the speed limit then suddenly realize that the same turn they've taken for 5 straight years is in the far right lane and stop in the left lane until someone lets them in screwing over everyone behind them.
-The pickup truck drivers from rural Alberta & Saskatchewan that haven't comprehended speed limits, traffic lights, or what that silly turn signal lever on their steering column is for.

IMO pickup truck drivers with their big 4X4's are the worst segment of driver here & Montreal, Vancouver, & Toronto don't have the pickup truck drivers in near the numbers that Calgary does, that's why I think Calgary is the worst in Canada.

armokaiser
03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda
i agree with all of u guys, but as much as i hate to admit it, when we had the big snow fall most of the accidents i saw were caused by males... oh god that hurts to say.:cry:

becoz those bitch can't even drive their car out of their house.HAHA

and by percentage, more male drive in the winter...

It is not hard to see a FEmale passing you with her super fast SUV when it is snow

DannyO
03-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Since this seems to be a ranting thread, I got one I'd like to get off my chest, yesterday on the way to work, I got to my usual 4way stop, as I arrived at it the car on my left got there the same time, I waited for the truck on the right of my to go by so I can take my turn, and at the same time the guy on the left shoots out and almost crashes into the side of my car (I thought you give way to the right if you arrive at the same time), and if that wasn't bad enough, a trucker on the opposite side who wanted to take a right turn into road I was turning to decided not to wait and nearly went into the right side of my car, trucker didn't even stop until he noticed I was there, and I bet they thing it was my fault as I am young and drive a Prelude, ahh fuckin assholes, can't I drive the 5 mins to work without either nearly getting side swiped or some asshole trying to race me.:whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

SilverBoost
03-14-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm tired of typing about the iodiocy in this city when it comes to a lot of the drivers here. Basically if you don't think there's a problem, then you're most likely part of it.

I did like the point made about no one being on the same page here. Sounds accurate. You have people who were here when Calgary was half the size, still driving the same way they did 20 years ago, and then you mix in the newcomers who have driven in larger urban centers and who have more experience driving with a higher traffic volume... well, let's just say insanity quickly follows.

creeper
03-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Okay I saw another good one today, there was a four way stop in a parking lot at a Co-op store by my house, anyways, this particular four way stop is really well laid out, lots of room, and its totally flat and in the open so you can see everyone coming and things like that.

Anyways, this old lady rolls up to it, and like everyone else at a four way stop - didn't actually make a full stop. So this other car stops, and then proceeds through, because this fucking ugly stupid old woman hadn't stopped yet. So he get about 2 feet into the intersetion, and she come rolling through anyways, without stoopping or even really noticing what the fuck was going on. So this truck stops, and she was turning left, but by this time she had traveled so far into the intersection that she couldnt make the turn, so had to stop - reverse - and the proceed forward.

DIE FUCKING OLD WOMEN - DIE! :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

WHY must everyone have a license? Something that can potentially be quite dangerous, and requires some responsibility - being handed out for $50 to anyone who wants one - Image the money that could be saved on insurance and health care and the environmental damage - if we had a totally revamped style of public transportation system - like the fuckers who CANNOT drive, DON'T get a license. Oh how I await the day we have 'Minority Report' style transportation!

/Angst.

creeper
03-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Stupid humans!

heavyD
03-14-2006, 07:33 PM
I did like the point made about no one being on the same page here. Sounds accurate. You have people who were here when Calgary was half the size, still driving the same way they did 20 years ago, and then you mix in the newcomers who have driven in larger urban centers and who have more experience driving with a higher traffic volume... well, let's just say insanity quickly follows.

Bingo! This city's population has doubled in the last 20 years. Most drivers in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver have been born & raised in a city. There are at least 2500000 or more people here that are from rural Alberta & Saskatchewan that were brought up in towns with one or no stoplights, where there is no such thing as yielding, and most of the time you have the roads to yourself. There are new drivers coming in every day who are feeling things out. This accounts to alot of the confusion and ignorance.

frostyda9
03-14-2006, 08:11 PM
The roads don't help either. The 3 > 2 lane bottleneck after Anderson on Deerfoot north is unacceptable. Just plain stupid, even. Also, whoever thought it would be a good idea to use one lane for traffic merging on AND off.....at the same time....was an idiot. Is there any other major urban traffic system that uses such a stupid design?

Darkane
03-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Okay I saw another good one today, there was a four way stop in a parking lot at a Co-op store by my house, anyways, this particular four way stop is really well laid out, lots of room, and its totally flat and in the open so you can see everyone coming and things like that.

Anyways, this old lady rolls up to it, and like everyone else at a four way stop - didn't actually make a full stop. So this other car stops, and then proceeds through, because this fucking ugly stupid old woman hadn't stopped yet. So he get about 2 feet into the intersetion, and she come rolling through anyways, without stoopping or even really noticing what the fuck was going on. So this truck stops, and she was turning left, but by this time she had traveled so far into the intersection that she couldnt make the turn, so had to stop - reverse - and the proceed forward.

DIE FUCKING OLD WOMEN - DIE! :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

WHY must everyone have a license? Something that can potentially be quite dangerous, and requires some responsibility - being handed out for $50 to anyone who wants one - Image the money that could be saved on insurance and health care and the environmental damage - if we had a totally revamped style of public transportation system - like the fuckers who CANNOT drive, DON'T get a license. Oh how I await the day we have 'Minority Report' style transportation!

/Angst.

Dude its time to pull up your big girl panties and Deal with it. I'd like to see how "good looking" and how "good of a driver" you will be at thier age. So beat it noob. You've been driving for 3 years.

armokaiser
03-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by frostyda9
The roads don't help either. The 3 > 2 lane bottleneck after Anderson on Deerfoot north is unacceptable. Just plain stupid, even. Also, whoever thought it would be a good idea to use one lane for traffic merging on AND off.....at the same time....was an idiot. Is there any other major urban traffic system that uses such a stupid design?

It happens on crowchild northbound too

LIKE the portion just on the top of BOW river...

Tech2
03-14-2006, 09:10 PM
To the guy about driving in taipei:

You are EXACTLY right. I did that for years, and the list of stupid shit those guys do is incredible. You know about the fobs who can't drive over here? Now imagine a city with 3 million of them. Not even a little cool.

Speed_69
03-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Darkane

Dude its time to pull up your big girl panties and Deal with it. I'd like to see how "good looking" and how "good of a driver" you will be at thier age. So beat it noob. You've been driving for 3 years.

:werd: it's time to face reality and the fact is that every city has bad drivers, you might even be one of them for all we know. These threads about how people have bad encounters with people driving are so useless, if you're unsatisfied with the way drivers are here in calgary and feel the need to always complain about it..MOVE!!

derek123
03-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
-You have the zig zaggers that are going in and out of lanes trying to save 10 seconds yet you end up passing them later down the road because they screwed themselves over by changing one lane too many.

No. that guy usually cuts me off when he sees he's in the 'wrong' lane.:(

There has been a few times, in the last couple weeks or so, where I've been cut off by the same person 3 + times in a row, in less than 10 minutes.

zigzaggers ! :banghead:

whatever. it's only driving, lolz, no need to get stressed.

gp36912
03-15-2006, 12:29 AM
eh most time i really dont care for bad drivers, etc. but its when they finger you or give you a look or something like you were the one that did something wrong..... thats what really pisses me off, when people are trying to merge onto deerfoot when they are going 60 and fingering everyone that passes them are idiots. end of story.

Rocky
03-15-2006, 12:36 AM
you're gonna get shitty drivers in any city. more of em as the city grows. I don't think Calgary is all that bad. I remember (not driving myself mind you) when I went out to Vancity about four years ago now... cut off left right and center, people speed and go too slow at will, u-turns are legal just about anywhere you can swing your car around, it was... zany.

whatever. it's only driving, lolz, no need to get stressed.
:werd: in the end it probably won't take you that much longer to get where you need to go.

shirleytemple
03-15-2006, 12:50 AM
i totally agree with every single one of u who give out comments in here. i wasn't born in calgary, here's by far the worst considered their driving skills, especially with the middle age women. They always drive 10 to 20km/h below the speed limit on a highway or crowchild. But when u pass them, they sorta always stare at u like u dangerously driving.

we all know how most of the truckers re, happened in several occasions, they tend to think they own the whole road, i was going straight maybe 5 to 10km/h excedded the speed limt, but who doesen't? Out of no where, a fat ass trucker cut me off, so obviously i slammed on my break in order to prevent an accident from happening. I Honked at him, then he started to finger me.

At that moment, i was just curious wt a dumb ass he was who doesen't admitted his wrong. he might be taller and bigger than me. But Honesely, if there was nobody there, late at night, i would of pound ass like a little girl.

Goblin
03-15-2006, 12:53 AM
This is why living in the country is great, hardly go to the city, and its all back roads and not on the highway. :thumbsup:

Terence
03-15-2006, 02:14 AM
happened couple of weeks ago on saturday nite around 8:00 pm going northbound on crowchild, some stupid green caravan keep on cutting people off doing around 90km/h went pass ESSO. i was like wt a dumb ass, trying to show off with a minivan, i was just laughing, oh well wtever!!!!!!!

i was doing 10km/h excedded speed limit. No intension!!!
Somehow, i was beside him at the set of lights over at stadium Nissan. i look at him, he looked at me back, nth's up. wtever!!!!!
So i was driving normal, no big scene, all of a sudden he pretented to hit me, swerve his car towards me. Than i got really raised up, i knew that it was definitely intensional!!

I went beside him, i saw his face, it was some white-boy around 30's with his wife. His wife kept on bitching at him about sth, i didn't wanna be the one who's starting shit, so i rolled down my window and tell him to follow me, pretty much provoke him, u know, normal anger reaction!!!!!!

He never follow me, wt a puXXX!!!!

i hope this dumb ass is on beyond!!!! Listen to me carefully, people wouldn't critize on wt kinda of ride ur got!!!!! But if u can't handle that fact that others re better than u, dig a hole somewhere , hide urself, intead of doing stupid some stupid shit!!!!!

max_boost
03-15-2006, 02:16 AM
Wow. The road rage in someone of you. :eek:

frostyda9
03-15-2006, 07:50 AM
exceeded. intention. criticize. :banghead:

Grade 8 English > you

dragonone
03-15-2006, 08:30 AM
iono, after being in vancouver numerous times over the past couple years, i'd have to say i have 10x less road rage here
have u heard of the 'richmond right'? it's taking a right turn from the left lane w/o signalling or shoulder checking at all
scared the shit outta me the first time but i realized it was a common thing in that city, and the ppl there seem to get along fine

Terence
03-15-2006, 02:06 PM
from my own experience, in order to prevent conflicts with others, is to follow speed limit, make sure signal for at least 2 seconds before switching lane, otherwise, there would be people driving by staring at u.

i've been to VAn countless times as well, they tend to drive a lot faster and switch lane a lot quicker without signaling, but tend to get alone, nth of the people would actually sorta give u a dirty look compared to Calgary.

Well, i guess mostly people who moved here are the FARMERS from the subburbs, no wonder those older generation above 35's truckers gotta screw up attitude.

dericer
03-15-2006, 02:20 PM
The thing I noticed about Van was the large amount of newer, nicer cars with dings, dents, and rust....and how everyone passes on the shoulder during rush hour.

If Calgary drivers signalled, IMO it would solve most of our problems.

SilverBoost
03-15-2006, 04:33 PM
haha, I could give a shit about anyone giving me dirty looks.

The other night on the way to okotoks...

me + 3 other drivers. 3 lanes. They are all doing 10-15 below the posted 110. They are all side by side across the 3 lanes and no one is passing the other person. My friend who was with me from out of town, said, "WTF are these jokers doing?" I said, "that's just the way here man. Zero common sense and no road etiquette" After a few minutes one guy actually pulls ahead enough that I can squeeze through and go past.

So I give it a little rip and get outta there. But wait, what's this? One of them sticks on my ass and another decides that now he wants to pass me.

If anyone can explain the rationale in that I'd love to hear it. FKN peons.

And for the record, I came up on them and never tailgated or anything while I was waiting to pass, and never provoked anythign or flashed lights or honked or anything. I was too curious to see how long they woudl actaully drive like that knowing there was a vehicle trying to get around. Apparently it's a long time.

Foz
03-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Calgary drivers suck.. agreed. Too many central easterners moving here that drive like that.

Having lived in Ottawa; driving in Montreal and Toronto. Calgary's still relaxed compared to those 3 cities.

But yeah, they are pretty bad drivers out there and I believe the influx of people moving here brings their style of driving as well.

I recall one instance when I moved from Ottawa back to Calgary.

I was driving by a Walmart and a senior citizen was walking across to the doors. I didn't stop for him and he started yelling and waving at me with his cane. He yelled "WE STOP HERE!!".. I felt bad. Most drivers don't usually stop for people crossing in Ottawa (as I've experienced).

I was wondering how the hell did he know I was from somewhere else. My sister told me I still had my Ontario license plate on the front of my car..

:rofl:

SilverBoost
03-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Foz
Calgary drivers suck.. agreed. Too many central easterners moving here that drive like that.

Having lived in Ottawa; driving in Montreal and Toronto. Calgary's still relaxed compared to those 3 cities.

But yeah, they are pretty bad drivers out there and I believe the influx of people moving here brings their style of driving as well.

I recall one instance when I moved from Ottawa back to Calgary.

I was driving by a Walmart and a senior citizen was walking across to the doors. I didn't stop for him and he started yelling and waving at me with his cane. He yelled "WE STOP HERE!!".. I felt bad. Most drivers don't usually stop for people crossing in Ottawa (as I've experienced).

I was wondering how the hell did he know I was from somewhere else. My sister told me I still had my Ontario license plate on the front of my car..

:rofl:

I don't disagree that peopel do carry with them their own style of driving, but it's the sheer increase of volume over the years that creates the problems because people who have been use to driving in a certain way for years and years have ot adapt to driving in more congestion. And it just isn't happening for some people. ie. People were once able to pick any open lane and drive in it any way they wanted when the roads weren't as busy. Now they pick any lane but the problem is now they are holding up the flow of traffic by driving whatever speed they want in any lane they want. To say that it's merely about people bringing different driving styles here from other major centers isn't really accurate. The roads for the most part can't suport the increasse in volume if people don't start adapting to that volume and adjusting their driving style to promote a better flow of traffic. People on the deerfoot for example need to say to themselves, if I'm in the fast lane driving the speed limit that doesn't mean I can't pull over to let someone pass who's dirving faster than that. It's basic common sense and road etiquette. Just like saying "please" and "thank you", it's not a hard concept to grasp.

I could be driving 140 on the highway and if someone wants to drive faster than me, by all means, go ahead, I'll let you by no problem. But some people have the stubborn attitude like "Well I'm going the speed limit so fuck you, I have a right to drive in this lane." As true as that technically may be, it helps no one and only contributes to the problem. You end up pissing that person off, they try to get around, then you get people lane weaving to get around the people who just won't move over. Then you have the other type who tailgate you, so you let them by, then they slow down once they get ahead of you. The reasoning? Who knows...

In Toronto (for example) you don't drive in the fast lane unless you're keeping up with the flow, which can be around 130-140 sometimes. And if you decide you want to drive the speed limit and not let people by, then the police will even pull you over or at the least flick the lights until you get out of the lane. The police there don't even mind so much that you are driving over the speed limit (within reason) as long as you aren't tailgating, weaving, driving in an unsafe manner or just plain being an idiot. I've seen the police not even turn their head at cars going 140 in the fast lane as long as they are all driving prudently.

Sure it gets a little crazy there sometimes, but everyone knows how to drive in it for the most part. If you don't, you stick to the curb lane and take your time.

madmazda
03-16-2006, 12:25 PM
aww come on I've seen your car go, you should have easily been able to out run those shit heads.

haha, I could give a shit about anyone giving me dirty looks.

The other night on the way to okotoks...

me + 3 other drivers. 3 lanes. They are all doing 10-15 below the posted 110. They are all side by side across the 3 lanes and no one is passing the other person. My friend who was with me from out of town, said, "WTF are these jokers doing?" I said, "that's just the way here man. Zero common sense and no road etiquette" After a few minutes one guy actually pulls ahead enough that I can squeeze through and go past.

So I give it a little rip and get outta there. But wait, what's this? One of them sticks on my ass and another decides that now he wants to pass me.

If anyone can explain the rationale in that I'd love to hear it. FKN peons.

And for the record, I came up on them and never tailgated or anything while I was waiting to pass, and never provoked anythign or flashed lights or honked or anything. I was too curious to see how long they woudl actaully drive like that knowing there was a vehicle trying to get around. Apparently it's a long time. :burnout: :burnout:

SilverBoost
03-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by madmazda
aww come on I've seen your car go, you should have easily been able to out run those shit heads.

:burnout: :burnout:

haha, yeah but you have to get around them first, and I didn't feel like passing in the ditch. :)

Besides, excessive speeding is illegal and woudn't have been prudent. :D All I did was bring it up to speed and then they suddenly all felt like getting ahead of me. WTF on that one?

Really though, I was practicing my level of patience just to see how long it woudl take fro someone to move without having to flash them the high beams or lay on the horn. It was a aggravating long time.

KLCC
03-16-2006, 06:48 PM

I don't disagree that peopel do carry with them their own style of driving, but it's the sheer increase of volume over the years that creates the problems because people who have been use to driving in a certain way for years and years have ot adapt to driving in more congestion. And it just isn't happening for some people. ie. People were once able to pick any open lane and drive in it any way they wanted when the roads weren't as busy. Now they pick any lane but the problem is now they are holding up the flow of traffic by driving whatever speed they want in any lane they want. To say that it's merely about people bringing different driving styles here from other major centers isn't really accurate. The roads for the most part can't suport the increasse in volume if people don't start adapting to that volume and adjusting their driving style to promote a better flow of traffic. People on the deerfoot for example need to say to themselves, if I'm in the fast lane driving the speed limit that doesn't mean I can't pull over to let someone pass who's dirving faster than that. It's basic common sense and road etiquette. Just like saying "please" and "thank you", it's not a hard concept to grasp.

I could be driving 140 on the highway and if someone wants to drive faster than me, by all means, go ahead, I'll let you by no problem. But some people have the stubborn attitude like "Well I'm going the speed limit so fuck you, I have a right to drive in this lane."

As true as that technically may be, it helps no one and only contributes to the problem. You end up pissing that person off, they try to get around, then you get people lane weaving to get around the people who just won't move over. Then you have the other type who tailgate you, so you let them by, then they slow down once they get ahead of you. The reasoning? Who knows...

In Toronto (for example) you don't drive in the fast lane unless you're keeping up with the flow, which can be around 130-140 sometimes. And if you decide you want to drive the speed limit and not let people by, then the police will even pull you over or at the least flick the lights until you get out of the lane. The police there don't even mind so much that you are driving over the speed limit (within reason) as long as you aren't tailgating, weaving, driving in an unsafe manner or just plain being an idiot. I've seen the police not even turn their head at cars going 140 in the fast lane as long as they are all driving prudently.

Sure it gets a little crazy there sometimes, but everyone knows how to drive in it for the most part. If you don't, you stick to the curb lane and take your time.

:werd: :thumbsup:

I guess the gist of this is stick with the flow and not to disrupt the flow of traffic by thinking you owning the road and cause inconvience to the others. Actually, thinking about it, I would get quite pissed as well, if somebdy did drive 10 under in the left most lane.

barbarian
03-19-2006, 10:25 PM
When there are three lanes, if the left lane is totally empty, and speed limit + 10 isn't enough for you in the middle lane, use the left lane for passing, instead of mixing with the merging/exiting traffic on the right.

PraviYugosloven
03-19-2006, 10:30 PM
creeper your totally right i hate it when those idiots tailgate ya in a school zone or a granma goin 5 in a 50 zone and she can bearly see over the wheel, y do they let ppl like that drive their the biggest hazourd on the road

eb0i
03-19-2006, 10:46 PM
I find driving around on Saturday and Sunday during mall times are the worst times of all.

ianmcc
03-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Anyone ever try to merge off Peigan Tr to Deerfoot south during rush hour? It's like a 100m long merge lane with a F*CKING YIELD sign! I guess the traffic engineers who designed that one felt we needed a challenge.
Anyhow, heres a good one. I'm turning right into the new South Trail Canadian Tire parking lot. As I roll up to the turn, signal on, some old man in a big-ass Ford 4x4 is turning out of the same parking lot. Only he is turning left in front of me and because of the angle of attack he is blocking the entire entrance. And he stops! Looking over his shoulder away from me, just staring at something. So I give him a quick horn tap, to wake him up. Nothing. So I give it a longer horn. Nothing. So then I lay on the horn. Construction workers are staring at me, but this guy is still staring into space. Now I get worried that he is just gonna snap out of it and drive right into my front bumper. Still laying on the horn and he finally looks at me with a WTF look on his face and pulls out. The end.

Akagi Redsuns
03-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by ianmcc
Anyone ever try to merge off Peigan Tr to Deerfoot south during rush hour? It's like a 100m long merge lane with a F*CKING YIELD sign! I guess the traffic engineers who designed that one felt we needed a challenge. ...........snip

It's no problem during rush hour since it's slow and people make room to merge. The scary part is during regular hours where you have make sure you are going 100 km/hr when you hit that yield sign and hope there is space for you. Fun times. The best part is that the entire offramp curves to the right along with Deerfoot, so you can't really tell ahead of time if there is a gap for you or not.

The best is when someone actually comes to a complete stop at the end. Ouch! Good luck pulling out of there and getting up to speed before somehow rounds the corner to find you getting up to speed. Just a accident waiting to happen. I chuckle everytime I pass that offramp at the stupidity of our traffic engineering departement, or on Crowchild where they decided to move the traffic lights on the new overpass or hitting 3 red lights trying to get from Deerfoot Northbound to 16th Ave Westbound.....lol, I could go on and on and on.

Anyways, Calgary drivers suck....really bad. Barely anyone knows that the rules are even. Making a left turn? They just go all the way to the right during the turn. Oh yeah, this was a dual turn and I happened to be beside him on the right. Good thing I was anticipating a boneheaded move like that and braked while pulling over. Stop signs? Apparently it's not who comes to a complete stop 1st that gets to go, no, just the guy that got to the stop sign while rolling. Yeah. I could go on and on about people not paying attention, blocking roads while trying to make a left turn from a parking lot across rush hour traffic on 16th Ave, drifting in and out of lanes/shoulders, running red lights, not wanting to make a right turn on a red ligth with clear traffic when already stopped...etc etc.

A big part of it is just simple consideration that is lacking. It seems like everyone drives with a big "Fuck You!" persona. It's all about them. "I can block traffic because I need to make a left turn. If you have to wait until I clear the way, too bad, my time is important, yours is not" , just a big ME ME ME attitude. Very frustrating to drive in this city. Yeah it's not as bad as other cities, but there is a huge room for improvement.

SilverBoost
03-20-2006, 10:28 AM
Here's another one for ya....

going South on Sarcee from 17th Ave to Signal Hill.

Some guy is riding my ass all the way from the light. you know that exit lane that you take then to go into signal hill? Well as I'm exiting and going around the first turn by that little electrical house or whatever it is, this idiot tries to pass me! I look over, give him the WTF look of the century and he backs off.

This wasn't some young hotshot trying to be cool. It was some idiot (40+) who jut didn't have a fkn clue.

That was one where you just shake your head at the idiocy. It's pretty obvious there is only one lane there.

frostyda9
03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by ianmcc
Anyone ever try to merge off Peigan Tr to Deerfoot south during rush hour?

:thumbsup: I knew someone would mention that one.

Another I deal with regularly: Glenmore westbound off Deerfoot northbound after taking the big circle around the automall. Everyone on Glenmore is trying to get across into the lane for Deerfoot north, everyone in the lane already is trying to merge to the left onto Glenmore. :banghead:
The fact that it's so short just adds to the fun.

And of course, my favorite, Southland merging onto Deerfoot south while the people on Deerfoot are trying to move over to the right for Bow Bottom. If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone swerving across the neutral zone between Deerfoot and the turnoff lane, I'd be a rich man.