PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Spring Pass Sale

szw
03-14-2006, 07:26 PM
http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/air/szone/szone.html?src=hp_wn

Is there some catch I'm missing? Any fees you have to pay per flight? seems like a pretty good deal to me

likwid
03-14-2006, 07:31 PM
just loads a blank page for me

carter_prelude
03-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by likwid
just loads a blank page for me :werd: i think you linked us to a page that was secured cuz it had your information on it...i think...

szw
03-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Sorry for the bunk link.

I can't seem to find the promo on their website yet, i'll post it when I find a page I can link.

szw
03-14-2006, 09:45 PM
http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/air/szone/szone.html?src=hp_wn

Here is the link.

vincent-h
03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
I find it to be a pretty good savings price compared to a regular seat sale. So lets take a deeper look into the benefits and pricing of the pass.

Canada West Pass - 4 Day cost including tax = 425.00

regular one way-flight from calgary to vancouver seat sale = 145.00x4= 580.00 taxes included

$155.00 TOTAL SAVINGS!

This is a fair amount of savings in my opinion so let slook at some of the restrictions and what not to see how they measure up.

1.Space is subject to availability and reservations may not be available on every flight
-this is common and goes in regards to seat sales too their only based on availability as well. How availble the seats are going to be on this pass is unknown so we'll have to see. If it follows teh same reservation system as Aeroplan the availibility will suck but if its in the regular Air Canada then it'll be better.

2.The 4 day Spring Sample Pass which can be used for flights on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
The option to fly on a saturday is very good especially since they cut on other prime flying sates such as friday and sunday. This is jus tin the air if your picky on flying weekdays etc. so you decided if the 4 days are ok travel dates or not.

3.Flight connections displayed in My Flight Pass Bookings are the only connections eligible for booking flight credits, and booking availability is based on Tango Fare (R booking class).
-This in my opinion is a really shitty restriction so it pretty much saying that if your pass has you routed say through calgary-edmonton-vancouver you'd have no choice to always connect to edmonton before travelling to vancouver which kinda sucks.

just some brief info from what I saw or kinda looked up on on the pass.

retro-steve
03-15-2006, 02:27 PM
do they count a connector flight as a credit? like if you have four credits and you do a 1-way flight to vancouver, but get routed through edmonton does the calgary-edmonton flight count as 1 credit?

szw
03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
do they count a connector flight as a credit? like if you have four credits and you do a 1-way flight to vancouver, but get routed through edmonton does the calgary-edmonton flight count as 1 credit?

No, that is counted as 1-way, so only 1 credit is used.

Flight connections displayed in My Flight Pass Bookings are the only connections eligible for booking flight credits, and booking availability is based on Tango Fare (R booking class).

This is the part I am also concerned about. I'm gonna try to figue out exactly what it means.

The 4day thing is pretty good since Sat is included. I assumed it would be Mon-Thursday which would kinda suck, but with Sat there i have no problem taking the 4day.

I'm really only interested in Calgary->To and back and forth, and if this works out it will save me over $200

ronaldo
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
seems like a great deal, i couldnt seem to find an expiry date...any body know when it expires?

sputnik
03-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ronaldo
seems like a great deal, i couldnt seem to find an expiry date...any body know when it expires?

Flight credits are non-transferable and can only be used by the purchaser. All flight credits must be used by June 11, 2006