PDA

View Full Version : PINKS right now, SC TA vs Turbo Honda

89coupe
03-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Should be interesting. On right now, SPEED vision.

97IntegraRS
03-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Watching it right now. lol Those guys complaining that someone sabotaged their car.
This isn't that Full Race civic that people were talking about before was it?

GC84ever
03-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Looks like the guy in the civic needs to learn how to launch.

dj_rice
03-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 97IntegraRS
Watching it right now. lol Those guys complaining that someone sabotaged their car.
This isn't that Full Race civic that people were talking about before was it?

Nope...that Full Race Civic is all pink and purddy

Cypresskilla
03-15-2006, 09:02 PM
wow 20 lengths that's not even a race anymore, the guy with the civic should have put a couple more hampsters under the hood before taking on a trans:burnout:

turbo'dGSR
03-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up, but shit i just saw the last minute! Too bad the civic lost, maybe the domestic dude will turn to imports once he takes the civic for a rip...:poosie:

I've been patiently waiting for the FullRace civic show to air, hopefully next week.

03-15-2006, 09:03 PM
the guy in the civic is an idiot for only racing with 2 lengths theres no way he was going to win, did he say how much boost he was running in the final race?

egmike
03-15-2006, 11:03 PM
looks like the civic is/was FS

http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1503673

topher91
03-15-2006, 11:39 PM
That Civic driver sux soooooo bad..... Fukken guy has "600hp" civic but can't drive worth shiiiiiit.

That was pretty upsetting.......

That body kit sure slowed him down.... :banghead: good thing they took it off.

Poor 20yr old kid. Bye bye car.... :whipped:

Chris

BerserkerCatSplat
03-15-2006, 11:52 PM
That TA just ruined the Civic. Ouch.

ToyVitzRS
03-16-2006, 12:16 AM
That was probably the worst episode of Pinks! i've seen so far.

:eek: 20 LENGTHS!

89coupe
03-16-2006, 09:05 AM
I want a twenty length head start...:rofl:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3718/pinks42zq.jpg

Akagi Redsuns
03-16-2006, 09:49 AM
God I hate this show. 10% of it is actual racing, the rest is drama and arguing for "lenghts". It got old real fast. Stopped watching when the 2nd show was the exact same way.

Pee_Sack
03-16-2006, 09:53 AM
^^ the show isn't to bad, the cars are for the most part even nicer.

What makes this show bad is the fucking tool bag of a host that they have. Get rid of him and it would be worth watching.

Moonracer
03-16-2006, 09:55 AM
yeah that was retarded, it should be heads up racing. Throw in whatever you want on your car to win and go from there.

Pee_Sack
03-16-2006, 10:00 AM
I just read through that forsale thread, man was it ever funny.

One of the best quotes from it

if whoever bought it wants the bumper....creech still has it as his shop

dericer
03-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Could that kid in the civic whine anymore?

"How do I know you're not hiding nitrous under your hood"

"You could be lying about your 2nd gear issue"

Shut up, and lose your car like a man.

habsfan
03-16-2006, 11:35 AM
i guess i'll just never understand the point of building up a huge hp fwd car...you'll spend tens of thousands more trying to get that fwd to hook up just to run similar times to something rear/all wheel drive that the owner spent half the money on. i just dont get the appeal.

Cypresskilla
03-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
^^ the show isn't to bad, the cars are for the most part even nicer.

What makes this show bad is the fucking tool bag of a host that they have. Get rid of him and it would be worth watching.

The host is also the producer of the show so i don't think he's going anywhere.

but i do agree he's bad

(walks up hunched over.......... LET'S RACE!!!!)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lo)2enz0
03-16-2006, 12:26 PM
there was actually a show on speed last night that covered the decemeber d1 grand prix, well some of it but awsome none the less minus the cobalt "tune" up

Aleks
03-16-2006, 01:39 PM
concept is good but people sandbag, whine, negotiate...it should be heads up only racing but the cars should be matched a little better.
than race between the 2 1500+hp cars last nite was awsome, the guys only wanted to do heads up:thumbsup:

dieselpower91
03-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I like the show. I find it interesting with them negotiating. You can build a fast car but if you can negotiate and actually drive the thing you will probably win. I think they should use the tree though.

Did anyone watch the next race with the Nova and the Vette?

The Nova guy was a tool and lost but at least he had a good "motto" about not giving up lengths.

That Vette was fucking nuts on the first run down the track.
I found it amusing that when they negotiated for the vette to run only 1 stage of Nitrous it helped him hook traction and ran better.

edit-just realized thats what you were talking about Aleks.

TEAMFaint
03-16-2006, 03:30 PM
I watched this one last night too, I think the episode after with the Nova VS the Corvette was a lot more amsuing though, full out race machines goin heads up for best outta 5 races. Now about the civic episode:

1.The kid was a tool, if you watched him shift during the drag, he didnt even know what he was doing, it took him about 3 seconds to actually get in gear.

2.Why would you create a 1.8L Engine running 25 pounds of boost and not have slicks on your car? People complain about FWD turbo cars with 225 horsepower, let alone 600.

3.All the kids do was whine, these are the kinds of people who give a bad name towards import cars.

4.How the hell can the host say "this is the true import vs domestic." and "you just represented imports everywhere"? Fuck that! I'd much rather have a Celica AWD Turbo, a Skyline GTR or anything else on that matter go up against Jeff and his car.

It was an interesting episode to watch, the first 2 races were stupid, and I dont see how that kid can complain about the other guy having NOS hooked up to his Pontiac..who the hell cares! its a drag race, if you wanna truly represent your "imports" just race the way its supposed to be, heads up no restrictions..This is why I liked the Nova VS Corvette episode a lot better...1600 HP vs 1500 HP..heads up..only restriction was the last race where the Nova guy told the Corvette to take out his stage 2, which actually helped the Corvette gain traction.

Good way to kill an hour though :D

Moe Man
03-16-2006, 03:35 PM
i dont know sometimes it seems they are acting all this out. I would like to see fourms with these guys on there, and talk about the races.

gp36912
03-16-2006, 03:36 PM
i like the one with the 2 bikes, i forget which bikes they were but they were both professional teams and they just pitched together and bought a bike for the prize. it was all heads up racing and it was damn close racing too.

dericer
03-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
i like the one with the 2 bikes, i forget which bikes they were but they were both professional teams and they just pitched together and bought a bike for the prize. it was all heads up racing and it was damn close racing too.

Yeah that was a good one. They were both busas I think

QuasarCav
03-16-2006, 04:43 PM
I've tried to enjoy it but I cant. It's the nit-picking bitchy people that force me to change the channel.

It's shows like this that give the hobby a bad name, wait... It's just the host.

Kobe
03-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint
I watched this one last night too, I think the episode after with the Nova VS the Corvette was a lot more amsuing though, full out race machines goin heads up for best outta 5 races.

I watched both, that Corvette was a machine, The nova was a man for going heads up tho..

That.Guy.S30
03-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint

4.How the hell can the host say "this is the true import vs domestic." and "you just represented imports everywhere"? Fuck that! I'd much rather have a Celica AWD Turbo, a Skyline GTR or anything else on that matter go up against Jeff and his car.

^ damn right. i want to see someone line up against a evo or supra. 600hp evo would destroy that trans-am(?) real fast.

Canadaslowest
03-16-2006, 06:14 PM
http://www.fbodycentral.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=36335&perpage=15&pagenumber=1 <---The trans am owners story. I'd have no problem going on the show and race for "pinks". With the rules that they give you it's pretty much who is the best hustler that can BS their way through each pass.

Toms-SC
03-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

^ damn right. i want to see someone line up against a evo or supra. 600hp evo would destroy that trans-am(?) real fast.

:zzz: :rofl: