PDA

View Full Version : Freight and Pdi

Aleks
03-16-2006, 02:18 PM
For the guys who have worked or work at a dealership now...

I know Freight is not covered by the mfg. But is the Pre delivery inspection? I am sure in the USA it is for the most part. Dealers here lump it in together Pdi/Freight.

me&you
03-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Both are added to the final cost of the MSRP.

If they aren't serparately added, they've been "hidden" somewhere.

PDI is the "unwrapping" of the car. This takes time and they need to pay someone to do it. Nothing's free!

Not sure if that answers your question....

Aleks
03-16-2006, 05:32 PM
No what i mean is: Freight is not covered by the manufacturer of the car. However i've heard that Pdi is or might be. I does not cost 400 bux to do a Pdi over 2 hours that is performed by a guy making 12 bux an hour.

Im not worried about the money just curious that's all.

Xtrema
03-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
No what i mean is: Freight is not covered by the manufacturer of the car. However i've heard that Pdi is or might be. I does not cost 400 bux to do a Pdi over 2 hours that is performed by a guy making 12 bux an hour.

That's the difference between Canada and US. US only charges freight and PDI is up to the dealership. Canada has lump those 2 together and you can't bargain on that.

Some salemen will add PDI on top and take it off making it look like he's doing a favor for you.

C4S
03-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Most lower end asian cars .... cost app. $1500 for all the freight PDI, mats etc ( when those cars built in N/A ) ..... same as house or whatever you buy ... those are some expensive extra cost ....:dunno:

European cars, and luxury cars, Lexus, BMW, Porsche, BENZ etc .. charge $2000-2500 for Freight, PDI,mats etc .... but those cars r from Japan or Europe ... and $2000 is just about 3% of the car's price .. so .. not that bad .. :dunno:

me&you
03-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

No, but it does cost more than $24 ($12/hr x 2hr) to add fluids etc. Like I said, nothing is free and if there is a way to make money, they will! Watch out for those doc fees too... really think that the processing of the docs is worth ~$100?

topmade
03-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by me&you

No, but it does cost more than $24 ($12/hr x 2hr) to add fluids etc. Like I said, nothing is free and if there is a way to make money, they will! Watch out for those doc fees too... really think that the processing of the docs is worth ~$100?

Doc fee's will always get taken off if you argue it. Friend of mine who worked at a dealership said management told them never to hassle over the doc fees

me&you
03-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by topmade

Doc fee's will always get taken off if you argue it. Friend of mine who worked at a dealership said management told them never to hassle over the doc fees

Yes, you can get them waived, but most people don't notice or care though...

barbarian
03-17-2006, 07:00 PM
Canada gets screwed over generally on the price of all vehicles. The prices here are around 1.5 X US price, when the exchange rate is, at worst, 1.15