PDA

View Full Version : PSP "E-distribution"

Azn_Rice_Man
03-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Just read on the web that Sony's going to release an "E-distribution" support for the PSP. It's supposed to allow for the PSP to download classic PSone games from Sony, onto the PSP's memory card, and then played on the portable system.

Any thoughts on this?

WickedonaStick
03-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Love the idea and i think nintendo should cash in to this in a similar way. Roms are floating around everywhere for free and like mp3s they could easily generate millions by selling them like what itunes did.

I would be more than willing to pay money to legally own psone games although I am questioning game speed even with overclocking because i can hardly run snes roms on my psp without some super lag.

Azn_Rice_Man
03-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Yea, I think many people would feel the same way about this legal way of "homebrewing". It also gives the PSP a much broader library, especially with the die-hard, old school, RPG fans out there. I know I'd be more than willing to pay a small amount for classic RPG's like Xenogears and the Final Fantasy series.

As with your regards to lag, that might be a big issue... Though I haven't tried the emulators for the PSP before, as I have games that require higher software versions, but I recall running SNES emulators with my older Celeron comps... That was a big mistake! Load times were awful and animation was quite choppy... LOL! Hope they have a good fix for that before releasing the E-Distribution...

Rocky
03-17-2006, 01:13 AM
"It's about time that Sony embraced the homebrew market".

All I have to say about that.