PDA

View Full Version : fast and the furious : tokyo drift

4doorj
03-16-2006, 10:47 PM
what do u guys think?
i think it looks pretty good!!

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thefastandthefurioustokyodrift.html;_ylt=AuFBWxXUOylEvZu3Yv0vEZtfVXcA

Fiddy Yen
03-16-2006, 10:53 PM
linky no workie jeez paul

here's a fix (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808715999)

guessboi
03-16-2006, 11:01 PM
cool. looking forward to this one. :D

Azn_Rice_Man
03-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Looks half decent... But hey, I'd watch it just for the racing! :thumbsup:

Mr_John
03-17-2006, 12:06 AM
if Bow Wow's in it
its GOTTA be crap
i've already picked up a cheesy line from him by watching the trailor
"if you're outta control....... then you're not IN control"
....... come on now.......

waypastfast
03-17-2006, 12:14 AM
looks awesome.........can't wait.........good action!!

habsfan
03-17-2006, 12:22 AM
it almost doesnt look bad, but i'm sure it'll suck. and yes i will still see it ;)

BerserkerCatSplat
03-17-2006, 12:25 AM
"Craptacular" comes readily to mind.

ToyVitzRS
03-17-2006, 12:27 AM
I've got two words for this movie: BOW WOW

skandalouz_08
03-17-2006, 01:00 AM
It might be better than the 2nd one considering paul homo walker isn't in it, but still nothign compared to the first one

mac_82
03-17-2006, 01:14 AM
paul walker > bow wow

not expecting much. should be pretty weak sauce acting, plenty of holes in the story, but hopefully plenty of nice cars.

mike_papps
03-17-2006, 01:19 AM
looks more like a james bond/dukes of hazzard tokyo remix... should be ok for car action but movie wise... i doubt it... and i agree.. paul walker dominated both movies.. i think its time vin desiel made another appearence..

DannyO
03-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Doesn't look as bad as I thought, dunno if I will go see it, but one thing I will probably do is goto chinook on opening night sometime near the end of one of the showings, gonna take my video camera and see how the kids react when leaving the area, 5 buxs says theres an accident that night.

samo147
03-17-2006, 02:14 AM
HAHAh
racing in the chinook parking lot

Phuqu
03-17-2006, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by ToyVitzRS
I've got two words for this movie: BOW WOW

He'll always be 'Lil Bow Wow' to me.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/gayfight.gif

Lo)2enz0
03-17-2006, 03:21 AM
All the little kiddies will be out to drift after this one....

tapout
03-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by guessboi
cool. looking forward to this one. :D :werd: nice rides:drool:

95EagleAWD
03-17-2006, 10:49 AM
I haven't seen the other two, and probably won't see this one either... :thumbsdow

rony_espana
03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
so is bow wow taking over vin diesels role???:D

BigBadVlad
03-17-2006, 11:16 AM
good god is nothing sacred? Let it rest....

RENTAL at best....

in*10*se
03-17-2006, 02:20 PM
i hope that vin deisel comes out of no where, breaks bow wow and half and drives off w/ his car.:thumbsup:

retro-steve
03-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0

at least now drifting will get even more mainstream coverage and get more people interested in the sport.

it's like when tony hawk's pro skater first came out...all the skaters made fun of the little wannabe kids who took up skateboarding, but then it lead to things like mainstream coverage of events, huge marketing oppritunities, the building of mellinium park here in calgary and a bunch of those little wannabe kids are now amateur to professional skateboarders.

as much as the original people don't like the idea of tonnes of newcomers onto the scene it'll be really good for the sport in one way or another.

Pee_Sack
03-17-2006, 03:12 PM
nice cars, nice drifts/races, shitty actors

just like every other F&F, but 95% of beyond will still watch it. Myself included.

rony_espana
03-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
nice cars, nice drifts/races, shitty actors

just like every other F&F, but 95% of beyond will still watch it. Myself included.

:werd:

DonJuan
03-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I'll watch it for sure, but I'm left wondering how many morons are gonna go out and try it and end up getting themselves killed, or somone else, or worst of all, scratching my car.

Jonathan D
03-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Bow Wow is in this........crazy.....atleast he is not the main character. Lucas Black is pretty talented (Friday Night Lights, The War, Sling Blade, Cold Mountain and more) actor though. However, I am a typical guy and all my focus will be on the cars and the girls.......ummmm......gggirrrllsss....halklaudlkjf......sorry about that.

turbolaser
03-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
I'll watch it for sure, but I'm left wondering how many morons are gonna go out and try it and end up getting themselves killed, or somone else, or worst of all, scratching my car.

:werd: some kid here in lethbridge is gonna try it and im gonna be ther just like last time and have someone write off my car again:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow this could get ugly really quick

V6-BoI
03-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Doesn't look too bad. I'll go watch it.
And why the hell is that punk Bow Wow in the movie? Could have found someone else better than him.

ZedMan
03-17-2006, 05:40 PM

read: don't park near corners

Team Emperor
03-17-2006, 05:52 PM
I'l l go see it in the cheap theathes(like I did with the first two) so my car dosn't get totaled:thumbsup:

EK 2.0
03-17-2006, 07:19 PM

so then hopefully your car is done by the time it's released Laurier...haha...

JordanEG6
03-18-2006, 12:34 AM

and then body shops all over calgary will be very busy. hahaha

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-19-2006, 07:08 PM
i'm gonna see it... probably close to opening night... and i'm gonna park at home depot... anyone up for a beyond take over of the theatre?

arian_ma
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM
What is that orange and black looking car with the NSX/Lambo looknig headlights? Couldn't figure it out

habsfan
03-19-2006, 07:38 PM
^RX-7

samo147
03-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Mr_John
if Bow Wow's in it
its GOTTA be crap

if your not outta of control, then your not in control

i think is what he said

s--dime
03-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr_John
if Bow Wow's in it
its GOTTA be crap

Agree with both of those comments especially the Bow Wow shit.......but Ill definetly go and see it:D

CappyMcSlappy
03-21-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by rony_espana

:werd:

New to the board- but I saw this thing about F&F and as soon as I caught my breath from laughing I had to post to say I agree! I'm not a drifter, but I sure as hell don't want any unwanted "racing stripes" on my car from some dumb kid trying it out in his Autozone-special Civic!

I must fit the demographic here fairly well though..I'm def gonna go see the movie, oggle at the women and enjoy the cars.

Does anyone else find it weird most of the characters (Bow Wow aside) have a passing resemblence to the previous cast (the American folks) at least...?

method
03-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by in*10*se
i hope that vin deisel comes out of no where, breaks bow wow and half and drives off w/ his car.:thumbsup:

or kills everyone stupid enough to be in such a garbage movie.

why he ever took the role for the first one is beyond me.

I'd rather shit razor blades than pay money for something like this.

Audio_Rookie
03-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I was laughing when I saw the trailer for it in the theater day before yesterday.

I am gonna to it with some buddies just to laugh.

"Your not in control unless your out of control"

BWAHAHAHA.

Might be some cool stunts though....That 1 part where the guy was going up that circular ramp sideways and had 6 inches clearance on each side....that was pretty cool. Wonder how many cars were destroyed trying to do that.

bonnieclyde240
03-21-2006, 03:22 PM
looks cheesy, but i'm watching it for the drift stunts by rhys millen & sam hubinette

b_t
03-21-2006, 03:29 PM
it looks decent enough, but I don't know why they always work in some stupid subplot about gangsters or some shit. Nobody cares about that, they should just make it a character driven bit about a guy who wants to race. that 350Z is also AMAZINGLY nice.

CI_Josh
03-22-2006, 03:56 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :guns:

Talk about beating a dead horse. At least JDM importers are drooling thinking about the boost in sales this movie could bring them.

I will undoubtly still end up seeing it... Mainly cause of the cars. Those women don't really do much for me, its like talking to a blow up doll, you get the same responses.

toyotaz23
03-22-2006, 04:33 PM
looks like the worst movie ever made
close to the "You Got Served" class.....

CappyMcSlappy
04-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by CI_Josh
I will undoubtly still end up seeing it... Mainly cause of the cars. Those women don't really do much for me, its like talking to a blow up doll, you get the same responses.

YYYYUUUP. Nailed that on the head right there!
:banghead:

Moe Man
04-03-2006, 01:06 PM
10 bux says cop will be present at the movies :guns:

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-11-2006, 11:24 AM
The parking lots will be locked down... haha
I wonder how bad this is gonna make it for the actual drifters? Not that I am one... If they use the e-brake once in that movie... I will walk out... I can also see them working the "drift button" joke in at least once.

DeeK
04-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
The parking lots will be locked down... haha
I wonder how bad this is gonna make it for the actual drifters? Not that I am one... If they use the e-brake once in that movie... I will walk out... I can also see them working the "drift button" joke in at least once.

You do know that even pro drifters use the e-brake sometimes depending on how they want to take the corner right?

Power outs, and clutch drops are usually the most common tho.

I still think that its funny from the first movie where vin diesel accuses paul of not double clutchin.. lol

It's double DE-clutching, and its used to reduce the stress on the tranny while SLOWING DOWN... not shifting up. LOL

these movies are always full of flaws that any avid car enthusiast wouldnt miss.

:rofl: :rofl: