PDA

View Full Version : Drivers that bother me

Alex_FORD
03-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Ok, this one really bothers me:

Haven't you guys ever heard of the saying "Don't rod around in your own neighborhood"?

When they finally reach their own neighborhood, why do so many drivers feel the need to punch it and drive like idiots? As soon as I reach my own neighborhood, I like to slow down. I'll do 30 everywhere, and if MR. type A personality behind me is stupid enough to tailgate me, I like to slow down 20.

:rofl:

shawtie
03-17-2006, 10:35 AM
well apparently they havent heard that driving like idiots(anywhere) can cause accidents and worse so I doubt they have heard that!

asuth077
03-17-2006, 10:38 AM
I disagree with that type of driver as well. However, I also disagree with your logic. But it does depend heavily on the type of neighbourhood street so maybe your slow driving is merited?

I hate people who rip through a community going way too fast but I also hate following people who drive 30km/hour on the major roads within one as well.

Why can't both type-a and yourself just do the speedlimit?

topmade
03-17-2006, 10:38 AM
:werd:

I always slow down in residential areas. I almost feel embarrased speeding around in those areas, and I have kids so i'm paranoid about running over any one

khtm
03-17-2006, 11:06 AM
I've noticed WAY more driver's going too slow through their own neighbourhoods than too fast. For me, that's way more annoying. :banghead:

Khyron
03-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Yep limit is 50 assuming decent conditions, so don't be an asshole.

Khyron

Alex_FORD
03-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Officialy the limit in front of my house is 50 as well. even though its on a blind corner where there isn't enough room for 2 drivers to meet without one of them coming to a complete stop.

In every neighborhood, there are a few good roads where 50 is no problem. But for the rest of them it's too fast, even most of you hotrodders slow down, too bad you won't actually slow down to a point where you aren't driving like an idiot.

TKRIS
03-18-2006, 02:49 AM
I tend to slow down and turn the stereo down in all residential areas (especially my own), but there is a 12' snowbank just off my back alley that my Jeep keeps trying to drive into. Thus far, I've abstained, but the pull may be too strong, and the time to climb it may well be imminent...

Kris

CrvenaZvezda
03-18-2006, 03:35 AM
i like to drive slowly thru my community and when someones on my ass i just slow down even more to piss them off!!! :D

2002civic
03-18-2006, 12:33 PM
i cant stand drivers that do 30 on major community roads that are marked 50, if tis aside street sure but 30 km/h in a 50 zone on a clear day is just stupid:thumbsdow

5hift
03-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeah Im one of the guys who slows down below the limit and turns down the system in his own block. I know it annoys the fuck out of people as this always gets me tail-gaited like crazy, but I'm sure my neighbour who has two young kids that always play hockey on the road appriciates it.

On another note, to the MRC students, whats with the drivers at MRC who feel the need to rip around every corner while in the parking lot to impress everyone? It would be one thing if it was just ricers, but its everyone, even 18 year old girls in automatic sunfires.

handsomebassman
03-18-2006, 12:55 PM
yea, ive found myself to be much more relaxed driver now. I used to speed through my area all the time, nothin too stupid, like maybe 60 or 65, but now i have found that i always drive the speed limit, and in my own area i tend to slow to about 45, maybe 40, just turn the music down a little and enjoy the ride home.

rc2002
03-18-2006, 01:03 PM
I hate those idiots that slow down until they're driving well under the speed limit. They think they're doing the whole world a favour but they're just as stupid as the person tailgating them.

You should expect to be tailgated and rear ended if you're driving half the speed limit for no apparent reason.

Big :thumbsdow

handsomebassman
03-18-2006, 01:06 PM
^^You should never expect to get tailgated. Only morons pull that crap. I tend not to give a huge shit when its only going to take me 20 seconds more to get to my house cause someone is driving slow.

Goblin
03-18-2006, 04:00 PM
bbbbbrake check ^

And another thread for bad drivers. sigh

nadroj23
03-20-2006, 11:14 AM
i go 50 until i see kids and what not. if you go through hamptons and turn by the coop there there is a playground zone aruond the first corner people like to think that its for all of hamptons. this is the shit i hate people that slow down when there is no need. if anybody has been through hamptons you know the roads are bigs hills and are wider then most communities. i feel no need to slow down to 30 on these hills. another thing i hate is people that turn in front of you who think they have enough room but you have a to slow down...........

thetrousertrout
03-20-2006, 12:24 PM
this pisses me off to, and one day, i did something about it.
driving home one day in my truck. (jacked up with 38" tires), I came upon a school zone, and it was during recess. plenty of kids outside, and i slowed down to 30. a few seconds later, fucktard in this BMW gets so close behind me, that i can't even see his roof in my rearview mirror. He then pulls out into the other lane (no on comming traffice, but still a 2 lane road seperated by a solid yellow line), and attempts to pass me. I wait until he is in my blind spot, which just happened to be at a 3 way intersection. threw my signal light on, and turned left, and promptly drove right over the hood of his car. Cops came, (he called them), I told them what happened, they gave me a knowing smirk, and proptly wrote him 7 or 8 tickets. Then idiot boy tried to sue me for the damages to his vehicle. i promptly counter-sued. I won.

this was out in Cochrane in west terrace by mitford school.

i never had so much satisfaction from an "accident" in my life.

:thumbsup:

shawtie
03-20-2006, 12:28 PM
Thats awsome ^^

Dooms_Bane
03-20-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by thetrousertrout
driving home one day in my truck. (jacked up with 38" tires), I came upon a school zone, and it was during recess. plenty of kids outside, and i slowed down to 30. a few seconds later, fucktard in this BMW gets so close behind me, that i can't even see his roof in my rearview mirror. He then pulls out into the other lane (no on comming traffice, but still a 2 lane road seperated by a solid yellow line), and attempts to pass me. I wait until he is in my blind spot, which just happened to be at a 3 way intersection. threw my signal light on, and turned left, and promptly drove right over the hood of his car. Cops came, (he called them), I told them what happened, they gave me a knowing smirk, and proptly wrote him 7 or 8 tickets. Then idiot boy tried to sue me for the damages to his vehicle. i promptly counter-sued. I won.

i never had so much satisfaction from an "accident" in my life.

hahah that is hilarious...
tapped that mofukaaa ouuuttt
poor bastard

MidnightDreamer
03-20-2006, 12:39 PM
wow... ^^^ crazy story... well deserved tho... I'm simply extra cautious in my own neighborhood, but going under the limit is just going overboard. As long as you're being careful watching for those potential dangers (ie. possible kid behind that van... yadayada) there's no need be going slower than 50... If you're doing <50 in a res... I think you deserved to be tailed... if you're looking to find a house, pull the fuk over and figure your shit out...

Anyways... it's the people who refuse to slow down for playground zones that piss me off... I'm talking about broad daylight... I see ppl in my own neighborhood who just ignore the signs, albeit I never see any kids around when they do it, but it still pisses me off...

I'm no angel myself, I admittedly speed everywhere, incl. my own res if it's late enough... but when there's people walking around, it becomes reckless...

On a whole nother note... I got highbeamed and honked at in Montery the other day by some bitch in some ballin white caddy... I think he thought I had my highbeams on or something... what a nut... I've never honked or flashed someone for having thier highbeams on... and I've never flashed for a pass tho... I think it's impolite lol... somehow I feel the flashing is even worse than tailgaiting someone if you want to pass... just me tho.

nadroj23
03-20-2006, 12:45 PM
^^ yeah i slow down when i dont feel safe with things around but if i dont see any kids know its around supper time i go 50 any playground zone school zone i slow down but as soon as the clock hits 5 bye bye school zone and back up to 50.

khtm
03-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by thetrousertrout
driving home one day in my truck. (jacked up with 38&quot; tires), I came upon a school zone, and it was during recess. plenty of kids outside, and i slowed down to 30. a few seconds later, fucktard in this BMW gets so close behind me, that i can't even see his roof in my rearview mirror. He then pulls out into the other lane (no on comming traffice, but still a 2 lane road seperated by a solid yellow line), and attempts to pass me. I wait until he is in my blind spot, which just happened to be at a 3 way intersection. threw my signal light on, and turned left, and promptly drove right over the hood of his car. Cops came, (he called them), I told them what happened, they gave me a knowing smirk, and proptly wrote him 7 or 8 tickets. Then idiot boy tried to sue me for the damages to his vehicle. i promptly counter-sued. I won.

i never had so much satisfaction from an &quot;accident&quot; in my life.

Dude, I think you're officially my new hero. :D

yellowsnow
03-20-2006, 03:40 PM
lol, that's the best accident outcome ever!

PraviYugosloven
03-20-2006, 06:14 PM
its best to prob go under the limit especially during this time of the year and there could be kids playin around somewhere which is another important fact as to why you should go under the limit.

Godfuader
03-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
On another note, to the MRC students, whats with the drivers at MRC who feel the need to rip around every corner while in the parking lot to impress everyone? It would be one thing if it was just ricers, but its everyone, even 18 year old girls in automatic sunfires.

I think people at MRC are just in a hurry to get the hell out of there. I find myself driving pretty slow due to so many speed bumps.:thumbsdow

Orbie
03-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by MidnightDreamer
... if you're looking to find a house, pull the fuk over and figure your shit out...

These types of drivers take the cake! It's definitely one thing to be driving slower in a residential neighborhood and know where you're going, it's completely different when you are new to the neighborhood, lost or looking for a house and slowing to a stop at every intersection to look at signs or house numbers! I for one don't feel comfortable holding up traffic, if I look in the rear view mirror and there are hordes of cars backed up behind me the last thing I'm going to do is stop in the middle of the road. Sometimes I think these people don't even check their mirrors to watch for other cars around them, they're just in their own little world thinking everyone can wait till they figure their crap out. Pull over first, let the people who have better things to do than wait behind your ass past, then continue your search, get a map or call for directions!

nadroj23
03-21-2006, 11:52 AM
^^^ this is brutal living in hamptons i know to well about people that stop in the middle of the road and sit there looking at houses, i just sit there and rev my engine until those fuckers move but god damn.