PDA

View Full Version : Old'n'busted: Photo radar - New Hotness: Noise cameras.

StupidWade
03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/10/1019.asp

Someday we might be getting tickets in the mail for loud stereos or exhausts.

Great.

On the bright side, Harley riders will finally receive as many tickets as riced out sport compacts.

retro-steve
03-17-2006, 01:36 PM
i wonder if it'll detect the noise of a hammer to its lens? :dunno:

shawtie
03-17-2006, 01:37 PM
:rofl: ^

SLR
03-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Yup. Edmontonians had the right idea.. they were smashing the fuck out of those photovans.

Just because its law doesnt mean we have to agree with it. :rofl:

Mr_John
03-17-2006, 02:55 PM
"In Washington, DC alone, cameras billed drivers more than $171 million since 1999."

I'll now be expecting Calgary to have them a.s.a.p

Tha VZA
03-17-2006, 03:11 PM
...even an inopportune honk of the horn....

that's pretty lame...i agree, smash them all to hell

ciao

nadroj23
03-20-2006, 11:16 AM
fuckin brutal your right why do they ticket loud exhaust on cars and not harleys??????? EVERY harley i have heard is beyond the point of loud.

dansmith11
03-20-2006, 04:46 PM
how do they determine the exact position of the noise? if two cars drive past, how do you tell which car is making the noise?

whats to say i cant go stand besides the van with a stereo and crank it up everytime a car drives by and get them all tickets?

88CRXGUY
03-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Anything to get money out of people, its pathetic...They can't catch the big criminals, but they'd rather go after people with loud cars....Bunch of BS I say...

Tomaz
03-20-2006, 09:39 PM
laser sounds measuring is very persice

habsfan
03-20-2006, 10:11 PM
^ so is this
http://www.xhtools.com/big/hammer/Claw%20hammer/CXW16-1.JPG

:D

sgouki
03-20-2006, 10:21 PM
It does sound incredibly stupid but I wonder what the bar will be. Harleys are freaking loud but it's standard. Semi trucks when launching. OMG they are a headache.
So who knows. Maybe the folks with the tuned exhausts won't be busted.

Loud stereos are the same as the folks with the rice cannons revving at a light. It is uncalled for and I think they deserve tickets. Cuz seriously why do you need to listen to music THAT loud :dunno:

iceburns288
03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by retro-steve
i wonder if it'll detect the noise of a hammer to its lens? :dunno:

Perfect.:rofl: :thumbsup:

962 kid
03-20-2006, 10:35 PM
:( could this be the end of the dickee dee man?

PraviYugosloven
03-20-2006, 11:09 PM
OMG the freakin government just doesnt seem to be running out of ideas of ways to steal our money there so good at which is y they dont call it stealing they call them fines

TeamBestBud
03-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
:( could this be the end of the dickee dee man?

:rofl: :rofl:

Drew
03-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by sgouki
Cuz seriously why do you need to listen to music THAT loud :dunno:

why shouldn't i have the option?

sputnik
03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Drew
why shouldn't i have the option?

For the same reason that you can call the police when your next door neighbours party gets out of hand.

It amazes me how many of you guys are self-centered idiots. You probably wouldnt give your seat up for an elderly person either.

Its called courtesy. Looks like it died with anyone born after 1985.

dansmith11
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

For the same reason that you can call the police when your next door neighbours party gets out of hand.

It amazes me how many of you guys are self-centered idiots. You probably wouldnt give your seat up for an elderly person either.

so your need for low sound levels is more important then my need for high sound levels? who made what you want more important then what i want? how about you stop being so selfish to what YOU want. and think about someone else for a change. :thumbsup:

szw
03-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by dansmith11

so your need for low sound levels is more important then my need for high sound levels? who made what you want more important then what i want? how about you stop being so selfish to what YOU want. and think about someone else for a change. :thumbsup:

stab yourself in the thigh!

Datsun-Fever
03-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Lol, if this shit keeps getting more and more advanced, wont we all be like robots in the future? no personality, one big advanced dictator government, no music allowed, only one child per family, 12 hours of work per day, no cars, everyones bald, and we all wear white bodysuits.

Fuck, i need to stop watching the space channel.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-23-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by dansmith11

/yourself.

Seriously, a person playing shitty music through his big system in his rusted-out Corolla is quite a bit more annoying and offensive than someone who doesn't do that.

Besides, you don't NEED high volumes, it's called noise pollution and it's against the law.

Drew
03-23-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

no need to be rude, but in matters of courtesy, your post is far from an example...I can call the police because its my right, and I can be the neighbour having the party because it is also my right. I never said go and be an asshole, I simply said why shouldn't I have the option to rock out to a song, especially if no ones around?

Drew
03-23-2006, 01:39 AM
(I forgot this in the last post)

i'm a self-centered idiot because I asked why I shouldn't be entitled to my rights? I wouldn't give up my seat to an elderly person because I asked, and ONLY ASKED why I can't have the option to listen to loud music? Common courtesy didn't die, the definition has simply been twisted by people like you.

Ashkente
03-23-2006, 03:08 AM
...communicate with a laptop control unit using WiFi.

Uhh...can you say 2.4Ghz white noise generator? I can :P

sputnik
03-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Drew
I simply said why shouldn't I have the option to rock out to a song, especially if no ones around?

If no one is around... play the music as loud as you want.

However I have a feeling that these devices arent placed in rural areas. They are probably in areas where cruising is already a problem and people are getting tired of people driving in circles with loud stereos and/or exaust.

Drew
03-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I can agree with that

dansmith11
03-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

/yourself.

Seriously, a person playing shitty music through his big system in his rusted-out Corolla is quite a bit more annoying and offensive than someone who doesn't do that.

Besides, you don't NEED high volumes, it's called noise pollution and it's against the law.

well you dont NEED peace and quiet now do you? you just WANT it. :D

haha and that was a low blow on the corolla man. lol :guns:

lol anyways, obviously im not advocating people should be able to run around and do whatever they want and piss everyone off and be loud and obnoxious 24 hours a day.

but come on, everyone needs to stop being such pussies, who cares if a loud car drives by and offends your sensitive ears. you only have to put up with it for 30 seconds while the car passes.

everyone complains about everything anyone else does these days, oh no someone said something that offended me, oh no someone was too noisey and just ruined my whole day. :whocares: suck it up and get on with your life and stop caring so much about what everyone else does. just becuase YOU find something annoying and offensive, doesnt mean it shouldnt be done. courtesy should go both ways, i shouldnt have to tip toe around worrying about who i might offend. at the same time i shouldnt be allowed to go around and do whatever i want and piss everyone off all day long. but if i offend you for 30 seconds as my car drives by, just let it slide man.

o ya, and my corolla doesnt have a big system OR rust :poosie: