PDA

View Full Version : 350z?

D_2K
03-17-2006, 07:33 PM
K ive been thinking of financing a 2003 Nissan 350Z, now ive drivin the Infiniti G35 coupe quite a bit at my old job and have been told that they are very similar car to drive since the 350Z is the sport version of the G35. Can anyone tell me what they know about this car and how it performes, if you know anyone that ownes one and how they like it. Just looking mostly for how others who own a 350Z like it, because ive read pages and pages about the specs and what not. if somone could give me their opinion id appreciate it!
thx

pinoyhero
03-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Here's the scoop, the 350z is the sport version of the G coupe!

-lighter and faster
-tighter tuned suspension
-smaller
-sportier interior
-and best of all, in the same condition, much cheaper

BlueFrenzy
03-17-2006, 08:30 PM
I've driven the 350Z a number of times (extended loan/test drive) and find it to be a very capable sports car. Not sure what you're looking for but my impressions are as follows:

Engine - a brutish 3.5L (I think) gives lots of power and oomph. Torque is nice as well. More than enough power to keep you happy on long straights. I also rode in my friend's the 50th anniversary edition 350Z (higher HP version) and it's a monster. Clutch effort is normal and gear box is easy to use. If you're into modding, I think there is a good aftermarket for it.

Handling/Driving - a bit stiff for my liking but around town it's no biggy. Steering is light and responsive. Car has a good turn radius. You also have big Brembos to help you stop on a dime. visibility is something to be desired especially if you're use to something with a BIG rear window, but with proper adjustment of mirrors and lots of shoulder checking, you'll be ok. If you're thinking of the convertable version ... that rear "window" is small. Better off driving around with the soft top down. Traction control should keep you in line. Never drove it in the winter but my friend with the 50th anniv version says it's fine.

Interior/Cargo - not as nice as the G35 (obviously) but it's got the essentials. Decent stereo (for a stock system). VERY limited cargo space. The "backseat" can hold a backpack or small luggage but certainly not humans (as opposed to the G35). Trunk is also very limited (golf bag?). So if you need to carry stuff (like people or hockey equipment) then you probably should look to something else

Styling - well we've all seen pics of it. Rawr!

Personally, I like the G35 over the 350Z as it is more luxurious, more space and overall softer ride. But if you want brute force and a more dedicated sports car, go Zed. I'm sure you know of the forum http://www.my350z.com/ but I think they're just a bit biased (ie 350z pwns all) :) They got a g35 discussion there too.

pinoyhero
03-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Great write up frenzy, you missed the cost component though, all else being equal the G35 in the after market will cost you 3-5K more

the_ace
03-17-2006, 08:37 PM
hmm...i never knew that b4!:poosie:

calgary350z
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
i liked mine alot except the small amount of cargo space that for some reason i did not think would be an issue but was and ended up selling it after 2 years. I would buy the g35 as I found it to be just as much fun when I drove one.

D_2K
03-17-2006, 09:30 PM
thanks BlueFrenzy for that, it helped a little bit more. Im gunna go look at a 350 tommorow, give it a test drive and see what I think.. I am leaning towards the 350Z , hopefully ill make up my mind after the test drive. Oh yea the 350Z im going to test tommorow is a "fairlady edition" im not really sure what that means, its not RHD or anything...idunno

brandon
03-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BlueFrenzy
I also rode in my friend's the 50th anniversary edition 350Z (higher HP version) and it's a monster.
[/B]

lol, they just came out with the 35th anniversary last year so I don't know how a 50th is possible.

Originally posted by D_2K
thanks BlueFrenzy for that, it helped a little bit more. Im gunna go look at a 350 tommorow, give it a test drive and see what I think.. I am leaning towards the 350Z , hopefully ill make up my mind after the test drive. Oh yea the 350Z im going to test tommorow is a "fairlady edition" im not really sure what that means, its not RHD or anything...idunno

There is no fairlady edition, most likely just a ricer with a badge on it. Like the ricer 350z that is at Richview Fine Cars.

D_2K
03-17-2006, 10:06 PM
yup thats the one, so what, it just has a fairlady decal on the back or somthin...do you know anything about that 350Z in particular? today is the first time ive seen it....

Bonka
03-18-2006, 04:45 AM
I think the Fairlady is the Japan version of the 350z.

pinoyhero
03-18-2006, 09:37 AM
If you haven't already check the post in my sig, if you're spending in the mid 30s by buying private you'll save yourself a good 2500 in GST.

AllGoNoShow
03-18-2006, 09:58 AM
zmodified.com
my350z.com
g35driver.com

maybe some of those will help you out.

brandon
03-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by D_2K
yup thats the one, so what, it just has a fairlady decal on the back or somthin...do you know anything about that 350Z in particular? today is the first time ive seen it....

That car is bagged to shit, stay away. That salesman is horrible too.

Boosted_TL
03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Brandon's right on that one! We went to go have a look at it for me. All four wheels have been curbed, huge hack job stereo take out, the " Z " rear strut bar has a big scratch in it and looks horrible. The sad thing is, is that I went to school with this Richview joint owner and have never heard so much BS in my life regarding a car sale. It was a show car from Toronto, I'm like a stock 03 350Z is a show car? And yeah all 4 tires were bald, he is replacing those.

BlueFrenzy
03-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by brandon

lol, they just came out with the 35th anniversary last year so I don't know how a 50th is possible.

Ha ha .. I'm a maroon! I was thinking of the 50th anniv Mustang or 50th anniv crash of the UFO in Roswell. Heh ... thanks for the correction.