PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Fit? When to break out the wheels?

robpark
03-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey gang.

Just wondered if anyone could tell me if a set of 18" OEM BMW ZHP rims will fit on an E36 M3 without having to fool with spacers?

Also, when do people normally have rims put on? Is it just as soon as the snow is gone, or later than that?

Thanks!

Hakkola
03-17-2006, 07:54 PM
I put my rims back on start of february. :D

pinoyhero
03-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Fit should be fine but you'll need a drop I think, as for rims, wait another month IMO

Hakkola
03-17-2006, 08:10 PM
For people who want to know why I put on summer rims so early, the biggest reason: Warm/dry pavement wears down winter tires like nothing else.

Also, chances of another large snowfall are slim, if we get any snow main roads will probably stay clear.

Some people are afraid of rock chips on their rims, but how many rock chips do you have on the side of your car?

Last year I also put on the rims in March and we didn't see any more snowfalls that impeded my driving ability, (as far as I can remember).

EK 2.0
03-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Also, chances of another large snowfall are slim, if we get any snow main roads will probably stay clear.

for me Matt, it's GETTING to those main roads that keep my winters on. Also with the temps being the way they have been even WITHOUT snow...the wearing "down" of my winters does not concern me as much as say if it was 10 degrees out everyday...

FiveFreshFish
03-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Last year I also put on the rims in March and we didn't see any more snowfalls that impeded my driving ability, (as far as I can remember).

Pretty short memory for someone your age. ;)

EK 2.0
03-17-2006, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Pretty short memory for someone your age. ;)

hahaha owned...

Hakkola
03-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Well you know what happened? The day after I put my summers on last year my car was broken into, spent the next 3 weeks in the shop, that's probably why I forgot about that snowfall. ;)

Arif, I have the same problem, snow takes an extra week or two to dry up in my area, otherwise I'd probably never take off my summers.

By the way, 22 feels old. :thumbsdow Enjoy your owning of me though, it happens rarely. ;)

Goblin
03-17-2006, 08:31 PM
e36 + e46 are almost the same except for m's.

e90s are different offset, more agressive.

2m0a0x2
03-18-2006, 02:37 AM
You'll be fine. You bought the wheels from DC328is and the wheels were on an E36 328......and he didn't run spacers.

I am dying to put my summers on right now, but the fact that the temperatures are pretty cold makes me hesitate, as I don't know how well the summers handle the temperature...