PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Anyone from Hong Kong, going there, or have relatives there?

R-Audi
03-19-2003, 02:04 PM
I was there last March, and wanted to buy some car electronics (In car Camera, LCD screen, etc) but opted out for a LG DVD player.
Anyone going any time soon, or know someone coming back soon?
I am looking to get a in car camera, LCD screen, and camera reciever. As I remember, they were around $200 cdn for all. (After Bartering)
Can anyone help me out? I am not in any rush

Ben
03-19-2003, 02:17 PM
have fun, they just quarentined all flights from HK to canada, lol

R-Audi
03-19-2003, 02:21 PM
What happened? WHy?

B17a
03-19-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
What happened? WHy?

Major ass kicking flu man, you gotta turn on the news more often!

Ben
03-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Some sort of pneumonia outbreak or something, 2 canadians have died and like 15 infected, latest case was someone in edmonton on monday, but they are recovering. All from persons who just came back from HK. All flights have been cancelled apparently.

Dirty_SOHC
03-19-2003, 02:30 PM
Hmm my mom just left to go there last friday. Hope she's ok

R-Audi
03-19-2003, 04:11 PM
I heard about the pneumonia outbreak, but had no idea it was from HK. I guess its a good place for it to start, with so many port and shit. Its too bad, its such a cool place.

buh_buh
03-19-2003, 04:13 PM
god dammit. Haha looks like I'm not going anymore.

98type_r
03-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Major ass kicking flu man, you gotta turn on the news more often!

damn, thats the first i've heard of it too... and i've been watching the news too:banghead:

___2PaC___
03-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Some sort of pneumonia outbreak or something, 2 canadians have died and like 15 infected, latest case was someone in edmonton on monday, but they are recovering. All from persons who just came back from HK. All flights have been cancelled apparently.

:werd: Shitty deal, its spread through out Asia, Canada, Germany...Hope they find a cure, or know whats going on!

SI-vic
03-19-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
I was there last March, and wanted to buy some car electronics (In car Camera, LCD screen, etc) but opted out for a LG DVD player.
Anyone going any time soon, or know someone coming back soon?
I am looking to get a in car camera, LCD screen, and camera reciever. As I remember, they were around $200 cdn for all. (After Bartering)
Can anyone help me out? I am not in any rush

WOW thats cheap.
Hey if you find anyone getting you that stuff, can you hook me up too man? I'll give you extra cash too if you do, thanks.

sml
03-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Depends on what channel you are watching the news on... For some reason, people consider the "war" to be more important than a deadly unknown virus outbreak in Hong Kong, Vietnam, Europe, and Canada!!! I guess once the nukes go up, they'll probably kill everyone including all those damn virus too!!! :rofl:

GTS Jeff
03-19-2003, 06:40 PM
oh right, the war is on tonite...